[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't I be proud to be who I am? Why am I not allowed

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5

File: pride.png (399KB, 480x696px) Image search: [Google]
pride.png
399KB, 480x696px
Why can't I be proud to be who I am? Why am I not allowed to celebrate the achievements of my ancestors?
>>
Because Schlomo says so!
>>
>>35638015
Because they are not you, its for the same reason that the concept of white guilt is so asinine - people try to project the sentiments of the past onto that of the future when in reality you are largely what you make of yourself. That being said I do think Asian/Black/Gay pride are all a bit ridiculous in themselves - pride of any sort is dangerous, though honor is something else entirely as well as being hereditary, passed down through numerous bloodlines and nationalities as a fundamental part of one's identity.
>>
>>35638015
Who fucking cares. What is there to take pride in?
>>
because you didn't achieve anything, they did
>>
>>35638183
Irish people aren't white.
>>
>>35638183
>all demonised
>>
>>35638091
>99.999999% of all ground-breaking scientific, philosophical, and technological innovations were created by white men
>what is there to take pride in?

either bait or cuckposter
>>
>>35638137
which also applies to anything that happen in the past that anyone made.

but nice bait
>>
>>35638015
Because in the US white is contrasted with non-white. You are allowed to have pride in your German, French, British, Irish, Italian, whatever ancestry, but if you take pride in being white it is assumed you're taking in pride in not being black or Asian.
>>
File: (You).jpg (80KB, 464x447px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
80KB, 464x447px
>>35638015
>Black pride

Black pride isn't about black people thinking they are better than anyone else or everyone else is inferior to them, but it is rather them celebrating a culture. You might be thinking "but why can't whites celebrate their culture' well black pride is exclusively celebrated in America, and you know why? Most black Americans cannot trace their roots back to Africa because their entire history was erased after slavery. Tonnes of blacks were stripped of their pride and had their names changed. Many black mixed culturally, meaning different cultures of blacks mixed with each other. This caused blacks not even to be able to trace their roots because their blood is so diverse with multiple African cultures that they can't even celebrate a particular one a problem white do not have.

>Gay pride

Did you not read your own post? It is a positive stance against discrimination against homosexuals, not a superiority thing.

>Asian pride

Again exclusively American. Also, according to that post, I don't think it's about what you think since it talks about coming from hip hop or something so probably not what you think.

>White Pride

And we finally come to white pride. You see your problem is you think that white can't celebrate being white but they do it's called Saints pratrick day, 4th of July and thanks, giving. You are so caught up on grouping all white together that you can't even see your own privilege. But again you are not in the same position as blacks since they have lost their history. But you know years. If you really care about pride to get so caught up on grouping all whites together but rather look at your lineage and see what you can celebrate.

And also why you're represented badly it's the same reason when you type in black teens on the internet you see a bunch of criminals. It's who are saying it. There is only one type of people that say white pride and I challenge you to prove me otherwise.
>>
>>35638245
>St Patrick's Day is demonized

dude lmao
>>
>>35638228
I've heard this meme a lot. can you tell me why and maybe cite a source or two?
>>
File: white.png (12KB, 328x92px) Image search: [Google]
white.png
12KB, 328x92px
>>35638373
irish don't see themselves as white
>>
>>35638015
Dude anyone who is proud of themselves based on the fact that they were born a certain color or ethnic group is a fucking retard. If you have half a brain and you think about for more the two seconds you realize that if you take pride or feel like you share in the accomplishment of your ancestors then you should also take some measure of responsibility for all the fucked up shit they did. "Oh but the sins of the father" both sides of that coin are legit lunacy.
>>
>>35638251
You were born with common genetics.
Woo.
>>
>>35638388
Sick source
>>
>>35638357
>You see your problem is you think that white can't celebrate being white but they do it's called Saints pratrick day, 4th of July and thanks, giving.

And just like our nations, we are forced to accommodate other races and ethnicities into our cultural celebrations as well.
These ar not exclusive in the same manner other racial/ethnic celebrations are allowed to be.

>You are so caught up on grouping all white together that you can't even see your own privilege.

Oh, I get it now, you're retarded.
>>
>>35638388
Excellent, answer there. You used astonishing rhetoric paired with an exquisite vocabulary, which implies your lexicon reach is broad, to thoroughly and completely destroy his argument. One can only imagine the countless other anons you have btfo using similar techniques, which only causes me to fear ever coming across such a person. You are clearly a person of high mental capacity and IQ. I am sure in real life your intelligence is much revered and praised! I honour you anon!
>>
>>35638414
its not about taking credit for things that you, as a person, didnt do. its about looking at what great things your ancestors accomplished and (hopefully) finding the motivation to continue that greatness.

of course you dont express pride in the bad things they did. that would be moronic.
>>
>>35638446
Put down the thesaurus bro
>>
>>35638015
Because no one else actually takes pride in being black, or Asian. Fuck gays, who knows what they're doing. They take pride in being of a certain nationality, or some sub group of American. White is not any of that.
>>
>>35638445
First of all, I would like to say you just ignored the other arguments I made, and you are only using a straw man, but I'll bite

>we are forced to accommodate other races and ethnicities into our cultural celebrations as well.

That is complete bull. You are a mere stereotypical racist who has never gone out there and only lives in his own bubble. Have you been to Saudi? Have you been to South Africa have you been to Japan? Multiculturalism is practised everywhere. I have spoken to people from different cultures; I even ask an Arab guy if "there is the same amount of multiculturalism in Arabia that if a /pol/tard saw he would think there is a white genocide". He said yes and then laughed at how true it was. Just know there is a bigger world out there and it doesn't all revolve around you!

>>35638462
Actually, swear to god I made that copypasta myself a couple of weeks ago! This is my third time using it!
>>
>>35638454
I'm not talking about taking credit, if a person takes credit for something that happened before they were born then thats a profoundly stupid person. I'm saying that if you take pride in the accomplishment of your ansestors then it follows that you should feel guilt for the crimes they committed. You are obviously not responsible for the crimes of your ancestors just like you did nothing to help them achieve whatever they achieved. You should just want to add to the beauty of this world, not because you have some weird racial responsibility.
>>
>>35638542
>Multiculturalism is practised everywhere

Practised is different to being intentionally promoted, especially to the point the non-native people will outnumber the native people in less than a century.

>>35638581
There would be absolutely no controversy about saying that I, as a straight man, am a "guest" at the gay pride parade.
There would be no question that a Chinese New Year celebration is not really my cultural celebration.

But imagine if a White man told a man of another race that the 4th of July wasn't really "his" celebration.
>>
>>35638689
>Practised is different to being intentionally promoted, especially to the point the non-native people will outnumber the native people in less than a century.

False, if anything Arabs would be worse since there are only 366 million Arabs in the world and 800,000,000+ whites in the world. Also, I spoke to an Arab guy and he said there was perhaps less or equal the amounts of black in Arabia as there was in Arabia but you don't hear them say Arab genocide. Also, arabic speaking arabs are a minority in their own land but there's no words from them complaining about it.
>>
>>35638091
>Who fucking cares. What is there to take pride in?
(You)
>>
>>35638766
Arabs are happy to uphold and maintain their cultural and ethnic identity.
Whites are not, because of Jewish propaganda.

This is part of the problem.
>>
>>35638015
do you know the names and achievements of YOUR ancestors anon?
>>
File: 1469249153479.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469249153479.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
>>35638015
Because we are the baseline that everyone tries to project themselves onto. You don't need a pride movement; it's implicit.
>>
>>35638802
>Whites are not,

Nigga see!>>35638357
>>
>>35638015
you are, but "white pride" has been memed to have certain connotations
>>
>>35638802
Fuck, this is so true.

Not just Jewish propaganda, but white guilt. the majority of white people are able to sympathize so well with others that they willingly accept that their "evil" because they did literally the same thing as every other race 500 years ago, only they feel bad about it now while nobody else does
>>
>>35638858
like I said before nigga see!>>35638357
>>
File: 1489345190787.png (15KB, 163x255px) Image search: [Google]
1489345190787.png
15KB, 163x255px
>>35638858
A lot of amerifags seem to idolize the idea of "noble savages" and "proud struggle". Joke's on you, they're just filthy backwards apes clubbing each other on the head for scraps of meat - just as we all were thousands of years ago. No reason for pride in that.
>>
>>35638843
Okay, the black population remains pretty stabe anyway.
What about Hispanic immigration?
The proportion of the population the make up is increasing dramatically.

What about immigration in Europe?
London is now under 50% native British.
>>
>>35638896
>The vast majority of white people in America aren't guilty about what their ancestors did.
But theyre told to be by literally everything around them. Im a uni student in california and literally have professors that talk about white privilege every other day in class and how POC are oppressed on the daily by the white power structure
>>
>>35638837
White people will not identify any of those things as celebrations of "Whiteness".
>>
>>35638946
>White people will not identify any of those things as celebrations of "Whiteness".
because it is racist to celebrate whiteness. Only KKK celebrate being white
>>
>>35638946
That's because it's not about celebrating colour but culture! No one simply celebrates their skin tone but rather culture.
>>
>>35638978
>You're clearly an outlier or you're just making shit up, I never had this at college.
>The amount of times you're reminded about the native americans per day is effectively zero.
Not making it up. 100% true. Specifically its a philosophy teacher that does it. Im in an honors class about eastern philosophy and he talks about this stuff just about every other day. (at least he gives it a mention, he rarely goes into more detail than 3-4 sentences)
Also, hes a white guy
>>
>>35638015
I understand feeling proud of your countries achievements, but why should a white guy in England feel muh pride about what some guy did in Holland?
>>
>>35638980
But other races and cultures don't hesitate to make the connection between the two.

But White culture is for everybody!
We'll even make adjustments to suit them!
>>
>>35639013
A brit could feel pride for his distant family creating hollandaise sauce and Amsterdam
>>
>>35639049
I'd feel retarded if I felt pride about something some Dutchman did. I can feel grateful for the sauce and weed though.
>>
>>35639028
its part of the honors cirrculum. cant help it if I want the honors designation.

Also, kinda makes it even worse that its a required course for honors students and is taught like this.

Also, what the hell does easern philosphy and Confucius have to do with white guilt? why the fuck should I expect a philo teacher to teac white guilt in a class about taoism, daoism, etc...
>>
>>35639022
>But White culture is for everybody!

Same goes for Arab culture. Arab culture is just Muslims, and they invite a bunch of none Arabs. In fact, simply watch a video of people taking a pilgrimage to Mecca and you'll be surprised.
>>
>>35639073
thats a good point, but what you are suggesting requires a DNA test for anybody before they can feel pride for anything... for example, you can be european, but if you dont have those dutch genes then you cant feel proud about hollandaise sauce.

Isnt your proposal a little to much? How many people know for 100% sure exactly what european countries their from?
>>
>>35639013
That just show how meaningless 'white' is. Liberals constantly run into trouble defining it.
Why are dutch people suddenly white?
>>
>>35639116
>Why are dutch people suddenly white?
The dutch are more responsible for slavery in Amereica than the average white american
>>
>>35639110
The fuck are you talking about? I'm just saying there's no reason for a white person to swell with pride because someone with similar skin did something good. I'm British and even though I know I have ancestry from different countries (as well all do) I only really give a fuck about what my fellow Brits have done.
>>
>>35639154
The arabs and other africans are most responsible for the slave trade even being possible
>>
>>35639116
>Why are dutch people suddenly white?
Since when were the dutch not white?
>>
>>35638251
>Why is white pride racist?
>We should have white pride because "some blatantly racist nonsense"

Alright, nice
>>
>>35638015
Steady brainwashing campaigns like what you see in roughly half the posts on this board, must be some sort of testing ground
>>
Whites are literal devils, they have caused nothing but 99.99% of the world's suffering
If you take pride in that its only expected you're gonna get called out for the racist nazi that you are.
>>
>>35639154
what does slavery have to do with being white? Name one people that didnt historically commit or fell victim to slavery.
>>
>>35639177
>The arabs and other africans are most responsible for the slave trade even being possible
Good point.
Hierarchy Of Slavery Responsibility In Colonial America:

Africans>Arabs>Dutch>English>Colonials
>>
>>35639189
Dont worry I'm sure they'll be a nigger hate thread soon.
>>
>>35639100
Would Arab culture demonise any Arab man who expressed concern about cultural dispossession?

Would all the other Arabs tell him he's a problematic racist Arab supremacist?
>>
>>35639206
>>35639177
Thanks for the (You)'s
I was hungry
>>
>>35639212
Nice shilling
>>
why would you even want to take pride in something as vapid and irrelevant as the color of your skin you complete fucking retard.
>>
>>35639206
The fact is that no single race ever brought that many slaves to their own country before. Americans literally put slaves on boat and brought them to their country to do work for them, should have kept them in Africa and let them work there. You wouldn't be in this nazi mess rn if you did.
>>
>>35639212
>English
We did more than anyone to stop the slave trade. Take us off that list right now.
>>
>>35638357
I can understand how the concept of (x) pride is mainly to describe groups that have been discriminated against. OPs image is just a way to antagonize whites.

But out of the holidays that you described as white, only st. Patrick's day has anything to do with race directly. The 4th of July and Tahnksgiving are nationwide holidays that any American regardless of race can feel included by. Just because the events that transpired revolved around whites, a black man can still celebrate the independence of his country.

Further, white privelage doesn't exist. You, as an African American have all rights and opportunities today as any white man. If you think we have privelage, consider the vast majority of blacks that do not help themselves. They refuse to better themselves because they feel they're being oppressed, when in fact they are sometimes given opportunities at a greater rate than white.
>>
>>35639271
Your country only abolished slavery in 1807 (still earlier than US)

But many of your joint stock companies relied on slavery for work on their territories
>>
>>35638331
Yes but it wasn't Jews for the most part. It was actually whites.
Anyway most white people are willing to count Jews as white (I'm not but I'm not most whites). It's actually the Jews who play the shifting game you're describing. When they do something good, it's a Jewish accomplishment. When they do something bad, they funnel the stats into the white boys team.
You're either ignorant or delusional if you don't see this.
>>
>>35639262
>White pride in America is foolish, we should be inter marrying with jews and east asians because they're both high IQ and successful ethnic groups.

Why should Jews and Asians dilute their identity?
>>
>>35639212
>English and Dutch
>Having Slaves
>When they were clearly underpaid workers farming spices in their own homelands
You can compare this with Chinese Sweatshops, sure its a bad thing to do, but they weren't slaves that got whipped if they didnt work the full 20hrs a day, 7 times a week
>>
>>35639212
I can't help but notice that I personally am not on that list.

Probably because I wasn't alive then.

I'm not going to feel guilty about it.
>>
>>35639290
>dedicated a large section of the royal navy to root out slave ships
>freed 150,000 slaves
>paid Portugal and Spain enourmous sums of money so they would cease trading
I'd say we more than made up for it.
>>
>>35639334
No, goy!
You can never atone!
>>
>>35639229
Considering a lot of Arab countries hate each other, I dont people in the Middle East are talking about 'muh arab pride' and feeling prideful in what another brown country had achieved.
>>
Who cares how some Tumblrina SJW edits the wikipedia article?
>>35638068
Obviously yes your ancestors accomplishments aren't your own, but you can be proud of what they did and use that as motivation to continue their legacy. Like being proud of your dad and wanting to live up to his legacy at least to some degree. I think that's what this more sensible people who have ethnic pride mean.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.