[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MBTI is psuedo science and if you believe in that crap that uncle

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 512351231.jpg (124KB, 1280x1237px) Image search: [Google]
512351231.jpg
124KB, 1280x1237px
MBTI is psuedo science and if you believe in that crap that uncle that's always around your parents are super friendly with is probably your real biological father.
>>
>>35635534
MBTI is our generation's astrological signs
>>
Why are so many people triggered by the idea of measurement? You aren't that special of a snowflake, OP. You are just another person with simple traits that can be measured like height, weight, intelligence, strength, personality, eye color, etc.. Refining anthropometry can only be a good thing, so don't resist it.
>>
>>35635626
>Refining anthropometry can only be a good thing, so don't resist it.
I'll only agree to this if phrenology concludes you're an idiot.
>>
>>35635626
Yes goy compartmentalization is healthy and natural
Let us properly assign you into our social hierarchy to best suit YOUR needs
>>
>>35635534
Agreed, I mean the result even comes out different depending on what version of the test you take. It's just a meme designed to make people think they're a special snowflake because of their shitty personality quirks.
>>
>>35635626
>reducing the human mind to a few bullet points and a label is a good thing
>>
>>35635557
fpbp you deserve a you
>>
>using these primative ways as stepping stones in order to better refine the art and science of personality is dumb
Did you make the same argument when chemistty was still called alchemy and thought they can turn anything into gold? Psychology is a shitty science that's still in its infancy stage. With the technology getting better with neurology supporting psychology, it will get better: just slowly since psychology is having an attention-whore phase where they only publish excellent results despite hardly any of them being replicable.
>>
>>35635557
Worse, astrology at least has an interesting historical and mythological aspect, it's origins in lie in the observations of the movements of the planets and stars, and it eventually gave birth to modern astronomy. It has far more merit than MBTI.
>>
>>35635810
Wow you're really desperate to fit into a group. Belonging to something is what really gives you validation. Somehow fitting into a group makes you special and individual- better than those others.
>>
>>35635876
Wow, you are really desperate to be a special snowflake. Being chronically unique is what gives you validation. Somehow thinking you are special and not like others makes you better than others.
>>
>>35635926
That's almost as clever as a 5 year old repeating what someone just said. Except it's much more mature to change it so it sounds the opposite.
I've never said anything about individualism, apparently you don't like psychological analysis when it hints at your neediness and over conformity.
>>
>>35635534

You have to be a delusional loser to unironically say shit like

>AM AN INTJ FOREVER ALONR AMIRITE
>ISFP here. Can't date a ENTP.
>Life as a ESTP is so hard
>>
>>35635969
>I've never said anything about individualism
Yes, you did:
>Somehow fitting into a group makes you special and individual- better than those others
Nice armchair psychology, though. It shows you don't know shit since you utilize a lot of psychanalytic and dynamic techniques to measure something. Why not use modern theories that actually do a better job at explaining behavior like attachment theory?
>>
>>35636040
>Nice armchair psychology, though.
We've already established this thread was about MBTI. If you don't like armchair psychology then you're barking up the wrong tree with MBTI. You don't have any problem with psuedo science when it sounds flattering to you.
>>
>>35635626
>height, weight, strength, personality, intelligence, eye colour

All of these can be measured or categorised apart from personality. Personality is the obvious odd one out because its subjective and really only something that we create. Lets take intelligence for example, because you take MBTI seriously and think life is some sort of rpg we can assume that you would score low on an IQ test(something we CAN measure). Though we can only put you under a personality category with great amounts of subjectivity
>>
>>35635534
I want to believe that most of us are just fucking around and having some lighthearted fun, but then you get those INTJ circlejerk threads and you just have to wonder how many people are seriously rallying behind this and not just treating it like a paper chatterbox some kid made in class.
>>
>>35635534
my major complaints with MBTI, star signs,Blood typing, etc is this: People aren't made of stone. both their minds and bodies are malleable.Having some survey or incidence of your birth dictate who you are by means of the barnham shotgun effect or "some of this really resonates with me so it must be true!" The problem is that when you start to accept those things as part of you, you internalize the parts which didn't quite fit, and mold yourself to make them fit a little better. "Oh, I forgot my grocery list at home, that is so my star sign!" You start to fit yourself into that box that only a bit of you fit into initially. In my opinion, it's self-limiting. And the fact that other people also have your type, and will do the same sort of type-correction affects you even further.

It is my (possibly naive) belief that anybody can be whoever and whatever they want. Why would you decide to fit yourself in a box you didn't even make?
You end up denying a part of you (or who you were) to become someone more like this made up type.

That's my rant about this sort of thing
>>
>>35636061
>You don't have any problem with psuedo science when it sounds flattering to you.
Example of when I did this? Attachment theory has a lot of research backing it and has lots of studies replicating studies confirming it unlike the majority of psychological studies.
>>
>>35636094
it's just like that astrology/horoscope stuff, you read a description virgo is like this: and you think oh yeah I'm like this, then you can read gemini and still go, oh yeah I'm like that. It's just designed for mass appeal. This type gets along with this type crap is clearly just a circle jerk
>>
>>35636117
>Example of when I did this?
You're defending mbti. I just went over that example twice, mbti is psuedo science/armchair psychology.
>>
>>35636141
I didn't defend it--I made you look like an idiot for making fun of a stepping stone when even the hard sciences were once at where psychology is at now. Where did I say MBTI is a good thing?
>>
>>35636166
damage control
damage control
damage control
what mbti has a compulsion toward damage control when they get btfo?
>>
>>35636219
So you can't point out where I said MBTI was a good thing? I also bashed psychology quite a few times with tbe exception of attachment theory. Maybe you need to learn to read and do better with your reading comprehension.
>>
Psychology is psuedo science and if you believe in that crap that uncle that's always around your parents are super friendly with is probably your real biological father.

I know this is true because I read about this on facebook, and my mother told me this too.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.