[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i just missed one of my finals because i didn't realize

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1488590551487.jpg (111KB, 970x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1488590551487.jpg
111KB, 970x1024px
i just missed one of my finals because i didn't realize they started during the weekend and hadn't checked the final times for my classes yet
hold me boys
>>
You acted like a retard and got what you deserved.
>>
>>35635561
i understand that
if this fails me i'll just have to retake the class and either way i'm learning from my mistake.
>>
>>35635616
Well, if you come up with some bullshit excuse and appeal to your professor you might get the opportunity to take the final late.
>>
>>35635397
That nearly happened to me for my A level too.
Good thing I saw a message on the class group chat.

Otherwise, I would have killed myself back then. Which would have been better desu,
>>
>>35635675
Come to think of it, I remember teaching a college math class where this one girl came in halfway through the final exam crying because she'd overslept. She tried to complete the exam but obviously didn't make much progress in half the time and in emotional distress. I asked some faculty what the policy was for this kind of situation an we ended up letting her take the exam immediately afterwards.
>>
>>35635675
i might be a retard but i'm not a liar
i've already emailed the professor about it coming clean about my situation. i don't expect anything from it, but it's better than not trying.
i just hope other robots don't make the same mistake as me.
>>35635696
i have no friends in the class to remind me about things like this. although i'm glad you didn't have to feel something like this
>>
>>35635729
I overslept once for a final and woke up when it was already done by an hour. I work over nights and just got exhausted, sat down and passed out. I figured I was fucked and that the instructor wouldn't let me take it since I was kind of a shitty student in her class, but she ended up emailing me asking where I was. I took the final the next day and she asked why I didnt contact her first and after telling her I thought she wouldn't let me take it she just kind of laughed and said "no.....no"

its kind of embarassing missing something like this but it happens all the time and most instructors wont really care as long as you make effort to get it done. youll be fine
>>
>>35635729
>i have no friends in the class
Neither did I, anon. Went through those 2 years without a single friend. But I got added into the group mostly out of formality.
>>
>>35635397
This happened to me when I was 16 because I used to be completely out of it at the time and didn't realize my life was falling apart or how to take care of myself. Naturally normies didn't give a shit, I had no Chad older brother to say "what are you doing, snap out of it man".

You not only need to do everything you can to resit those exams and plead not to get expelled, you need to sit and think about how it came to this and whether you have any mental health issues you might need to deal with.
>>
>>35635802
thanks for that. my class has around a hundred or so people in it so my absence surely wasn't notice, though i hope my professor is as empathetic as yours was.
>>
File: o100709951429218732662.jpg (41KB, 1007x995px) Image search: [Google]
o100709951429218732662.jpg
41KB, 1007x995px
>>35635397

>am a teacher who gives finals
>student late for every class, multiple absences way over the limit
>misses final
>asks for make-up
>tell him no
>feel terrible about it

Being a teacher sucks. I wanna be a student again.
>>
>>35635962
Telling students 'no' is hard but I fucking loved teaching overall. Much more than any other occupation I've had.
>>
>>35635962
He deserved it. If anything, I feel like turning down a bad student would feel great to a teacher.
>>
>>35636048
Maybe it would if you're a hateful cunt. I always felt bad turning down my students, even if I knew it was justified.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.