[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here on antipsychotics? They make me sleep 12 hours

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: pepe.jpg (5KB, 192x185px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
5KB, 192x185px
Anyone else here on antipsychotics? They make me sleep 12 hours a day and decreased my mental acuity.
>>
>>35616607
>antipsychotics
Yes
Currently clozapine been on 3 others before >>35616607
>12 hours a day
that usually happens when you start and/or when you change the dosage
Should go away
>decreased my mental acuity.
I feel the same, but it's better than my schizophrenia
>>
>>35616607
What if I told you what you describe as 'decreased mental acuity' is actually how """normal""" people think and feel?
>>
>>35616607
yes, clozapine and had been on quetiapine and risperidone before
I feel like my mental acuity increases as the effect of the antipsychotic wears off over the day, from the evening onwards it feels like I think as clearly as I did before I started taking meds / before I became full blown schizo
>>35616663
>that usually happens when you start and/or when you change the dosage
>Should go away
I've been on clozapine for about two years now and I still sleep for 11~12 hours every day
>>
>>35616663
>>35616891
Lads, can I get a quick rundown on schizophrenia? Things like if you had "delusions" many years before actually ever hallucinating a thing, how the hallucinations are etc.
>>
>>35616607

Yeah, I suffer from schizoaffective disorder and take 20mg of Geodon in the morning, 40mg at night, and 250mg Seroquel at night. I've been on a decent number of meds before this and this combo definitely works the best while minimizing side effects, the only real noticeable side effect is a bit of weight gain, but it's not terrible. Seroquel also makes me a little sleepy, but that's more of a plus as it helps me get to sleep sometimes.
>>
>>35616663

>Should go away

It depends on the antipsychotic. If you're on seroquel you're probably always going to be sleeping a lot. It gets prescribed in prisons specifically to put prisoners to sleep.
>>
>>35617643

Also in regards to geodon I used to take like 60mg in the day, but I had to change that as it was making me feel fatigued later in the day.

>>35617547

Well not sure if I count as I technically don't have schizophrenia, just symptoms similar to schizophrenia. I've only ever had things like delusions, thought insertion, paranoia, never experienced hallucinations, at least not yet.
>>
>>35617681

Speaking of Seroquel, what's odd is that a few years ago I took a similar dose of Seroquel and it would always make me incredibly sleepy at night, I stopped it for some reason then started it again about a year or two ago and it never made me as sleepy as I used to get.
>>
>>35617547
>Lads, can I get a quick rundown on schizophrenia?
I got diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia F20.0

>Everyone can read my mind
>I constantly test people i e I scream in my mind and see if anyone jumps
>Everyone wants to attack me including my "friends" and family
>I have to kill people to defend myself
>mind is filled with chaos
>some hallucinations
>thinking and speaking is hard
I start a sentence and half way through I forgot what I wanted to say
>>
>get prescribed Rexalti
>stop taking it after a week
>argue with the psychiatrist to get put on anti depressants

>>35617547
It feels like everyone is against you. You have little voices giving you information on what you should do and not do. I've had days without sleep. I almost tried to kill my roommate because of my voices. Therapy sometimes makes me worse. I've had days where I scream and curse the whole way home. It might look like I'm talking to myself but I talk to the things in my head. I've gotten a little violent in hospitals. I made some cops afraid of me when I got out of control. But I just feel like getting drunk today.
>>
>>35617684
>thought insertion, paranoia
>>35617784
>>Everyone can read my mind
>>I constantly test people i e I scream in my mind and see if anyone jumps
>>Everyone wants to attack me including my "friends" and family
>>I have to kill people to defend myself
This is what bugs me, it always seems to be negative shit. For me aside from "delusions of grandeur", the only thing I ever had was delusions of reference, but when I think about it, it was only a handful of songs and after that it just became a story that doesn't involve me. The thing though is when I've looked up schizophrenia a lot of the "early symptoms" are things like not wanting to go out etc and seeing as how I became a hikki when I was 12 (I like to think that this was enabled by the Illuminati or some shit because I'm part of a bloodline and having a personality fostered through isolation)
I'm starting to wonder whether I may be a little nuts.

I mean don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have my life any other way, plus I have strong genes as despite my utter lack of hygiene I never get sick and despite 10 or so years of horrible consumption and inactivity I never got fat or diabetes or anything.

I find myself now starting to hope I do develop schizophrenia. A direct line to my subconscious would be invaluable, not to mention having a bro for life.
>>
>>35618028
How/when did it start? Can you conclude a chronology of symptoms?

Especially the auditory hallucinations, how did they evolve? Could it have been that at first they required an outlet in order to manifest, one that makes it seem as if they're real like say from a neighbor's wall?
>>
File: IMG_0040.jpg (32KB, 507x290px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0040.jpg
32KB, 507x290px
>>35616607
> I hear voices in my head
> They council me
> They understand
> They talk to me

But really I'll never understand doctors prescribing some shit that makes you feel worse and has terrible side effects.
>>
>>35616607
>Anyone else here on antipsychotics?
Yes.
>They make me sleep 12 hours a day and decreased my mental acuity.
To me they keep my shit calm and collected. I take them at 23:00 and sleep to 10:00 normally.
>>
>tfw borderline and mania

>dont want to take government poison pills that make my brain rot so i just deal with it

i know a schizophrenic who takes a shot of antipsychotics monthly and they dont help him, in fact they make him worse and all he's gotten out of it is dependence on them, if he quits he gets to deal with withdrawal symptoms. don't fall for the medication jew
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.