[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be kissless handholdless virgin in my late 20s >finishing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1484601856749.png (198KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
1484601856749.png
198KB, 400x533px
>be kissless handholdless virgin in my late 20s
>finishing up my phd in ecology
>genuinely not the ugliest guy, but manlet and extremely socially anxious, a few qts seemed somewhat interested in undergrad but I never took the first step
>some nerdy undergrad guy from another lab needs my help and equipment to carry out his project in microbiology
>not to sound too vain, but I think I am at least a little more facially attractive than him and I also have a deeper voice, and we're the same height
>he comes in about once a month for about an hour, we chat a bit about class and he asks me for advice but never anything casual/social
>occasionally he seems really bitter and complains about his peers, start to get the impression he's a fellow khv
>fast-forward to today
>the neighboring lab all greets him; he had apparently done work in their lab at some point without my knowing
>they shoot the shit in a way that I cannot even with my own flesh and blood
>"Oh you're working in Anon's lab now? You're cheating on us, haha" (no one noticed that I was working with him several months ago)
>he asks where one of the female qts in their lab were
>"Oh she's out of the country, she was talking about you though, I'll let her know you were here"
>we get to work
>suddenly he casually mentions his girlfriend
>realize that I am the khv in his 20s left alive on this horrible forsaken planet
I try and I try to tell myself that I don't want gf or friends but every time I interact with people I realize I'm just lying to myself. Now I'm balding, my forehead is wrinkling, peers that used to at least smile and try to be friendly to me now look at me like I'm a leper, and I want to die.
>>
File: BBko8wN.jpg (81KB, 940x940px) Image search: [Google]
BBko8wN.jpg
81KB, 940x940px
>>35609632
You can just buy a prostitute
>>
>>35609670
I don't want a prostitute. I want a friend or a girlfriend. My last male friend date raped me and the last time I had a friend before that was in 6th grade.
>>
File: 1412267194044.jpg (30KB, 417x512px) Image search: [Google]
1412267194044.jpg
30KB, 417x512px
>>35609632

>works in lab
>forsaken

Sounds like an excellent prelude to a new supervillain.
>>
File: IMG_20150719_154412.jpg (197KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150719_154412.jpg
197KB, 1024x683px
>>35609699
I'll be your friend anon-kun
>>
the nerdy guy clearly was not socially anxious like you and bloomed into an extrovert which got him the puss. I think you really fucked up with not approaching the few qts that had mild interest in you. You had multiple chances to win the fight against your social anxiety but you let it beat you man. Having girls that are interested in you is more than most robots ever get. Now that the biological clock is ticking close to midnight, your only chance is to find friends fast and somehow beat your anxiety in the coming months, or else youre gonna be stuck on this shitty website like the rest of us. If you get friends, they will introduce you to girls and stuff
>>
>>35609632
>tfw managed to hold hands with and kiss a girl in highscool

dont know how I pulled it off senpai
still a virgin tho
>>
>>35609724
Hi, friend.
>>35609739
Yep, I've basically failed. My one hope is that when I become a suburban hermit, wageslaving and spending the rest of my time indoors, that I can adapt. I remember wanting to live like a hermit as early as age 10, but I may have been lying to myself back then as well. Sometimes I think it is pretty likely that I will kill myself in middle-age, even though I don't feel too suicidal yet.
>>35609751
I was homeschooled beginning in middle school, which was probably my biggest disadvantage. Public schoolers CANNOT be robots.
>>
>>35609795
I'm a KHV and I was in public school my whole life
>>
>>35609632
I minimized contact from other students back when I did community college for this same reason. In-class they were okay to work with but beyond that I can't talk with any of them casually and I have no experiences or hobbies any of them care for.
It hurts for now, but it's better to stop caring. The only people making me care was my family, and I never experienced more relief than remembering that. I gave it a good several months before giving up after getting "those" looks you mentioned, the glare cast towards social lepers, for that period of time.

If your contact with negative social influences continues, it will fuck you up more than it does you any good. It's like looking at facebook pages full of vain blogposting. The only solution is to look inward, get an idea of what the source of your woes is and what makes you feel so shit. When you overcome your lonely burst of emotion, then you can build yourself up again. From the time my father pestered me about making friends my social anxiety only increased and I couldn't articulate myself worth shit. I had to "bee myself" to shrug it off, which included disregarding social status.

TL;DR it's too much trouble dude don't sweat it.
>>
>>35609795
If you have crippling social anxiety issues, do you think a psychiatrist or something could help you out?
>>
>>35609867
I agree with all of that, it's just frustrating when ordinary work-related human contact (something that usually doesn't bother me at all unless it's for a presentation or something) occasionally prods my personal inadequacies. I'll keep trying to ignore it.
>>35609878
Possibly, but my family would disown me if I ever saw a shrink, and I've had more distant family members go from socially awkward to totally defeated upon getting hooked on anti-depressants.
>>
>>35609926
Yeah the frustration's perfectly, dare I say, normal for the robot's situation. The way I see it, why should I care about what society values if they don't value me? That's what most of the shitty aspects of the emotions stems from, societal norms and just not fitting in when lots of popular media and society shoves concepts like friendship and romance in our faces day-by-day when it just doesn't work out like that for a lot of people. It's like trying to shove circular pieces into square holes. Heck I preach all that "forget about people" stuff and I still get emotional fits once in a blue moon. It's just the way we're programmed. Even I want someone to identify with and/or discuss things with, it's why I like this place. I've heard repeatedly it's not "real friends" or "real social contact" but it puts my mind more at ease than going to a bar would.

I'm not saying it gets better in the normie way, I mean it in a "things are a lot less bleak" sort of approach. We'll all manage with enough effort, even if normies don't try at all in life.
>>
>>35609699
>My last male friend date raped me
w-what? story on that anon
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.