[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What inspires you to be a good person? Religion? Do you believe

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2656.jpg (23KB, 448x247px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2656.jpg
23KB, 448x247px
What inspires you to be a good person?
Religion?
Do you believe in karma?
Virtue signaling?
>>
A recognition that I'd like to be happy myself. Feeling no animus toward others I feel I should help them to enjoy the things that I like in whatever respect I can so long as it doesn't harm me.
>>
>>35608342
Good person lol? You think there are that many good people left in this pathetic trashy world we live in? Certainly you aren't good are you?
>>
>>35608424
Isn't good subjective? I'm sure white nationalists and antifas both feel like their respective ends justify their means.
>>
I'm not though? Most people on /r9k/ aren't.
>>
>>35608424
I'm a decent person that hasn't done much good or bad. Pretty neutral.
>>
>>35608342
I don't have a lot of choice in the matter. I get pleasure from helping people and pain/guilt from hurting them. There's no inspiration necessary, my brain has already conditioned me to be a good-ish person.
>>
I strongly believe in karma to the point it will harm me. I always give cigarettes to the bums asking for change. If someone ask for directions I'll take them there despite being late for work or some shit. If you need to borrow money, no problem, I got some. I'll never ask for help and karma hasn't been paid back. If it did come around then all I got was that shitty meme warm fuzzy feeling from helping people.
>>
I live and work within a small social sphere so I strongly believe what goes around comes around.
>>
>>35608342
It's all I have left... to be a good person.

To show that I'm not deserving of the hurt that's put on me. That I will be better than those that cause my suffering.

I'm good to people because I want others to be good to me as well. I can't ask anything of someone if I'm not willing to do it too.
>>
>>35608342
Spite. I hate how I have been treated by others so I'll be the person I want them to be.
>>
My sister says if i film myself being a good person everyday for thirty (30) days, she'll let me see her boobs. So that.
>>
>>35608342
I have a personal conviction to make the world a better place somehow because of traumatic events in the past.

So yes, I believe in karma. Sure it's not "real", but it's what keeps me alive and sane in this shitty world.
>>
For me, there's no other reason to live... A life living only for self would seem so horribly empty and shallow.
>>
One of the reasons I guess I do good things is because I pretend someone is watching what I'm doing. (parents, friends, etc.) And I imagine how they would react and change my actions to seem cooler or nicer to the person who I'm pretending is watching me. Never met anyone else who does this desu.
>>
>>35608342
The old motto treat others how you want to be treated.
>>
>>35608342
'virtue signalling' needs to stop being a meme. Anytime someone says what they believe someone says they're virtue signalling, even though it's literally just them saying what they think.
>>
>>35608342
First and foremost I just want to sleep peacefully at night.

And I do "good" and "bad" accordingly. I'm selective at being good to people I think to be a good investmens, and I'm being bad to totally crush people not worth investments in my life.
>>
>>35608342
Nothing, really. Just woke up one morning, and was like "Wow, people have the choice to be a dick or not to be a dick, why would you ever choose to be a dick?" then it just sort of went from there.
>>
>>35608342
>What inspires you to be a good person?
Empathy for others; it's innate and instinctive.

>Religion?
Kek

>Do you believe in karma?
Double kek. The worst people go the farthest in life, politicians being a prime example.

>Virtue signaling?
Not so much
>>
>>35608342
Mostly because I fear Hell. I don't know if Hell exists or not, but I don't want to take the chance, so I asked Jesus to save me (why not?) and I try to be good (I should do this anyway).
>>
>>35610136
So you dont fap?
>>
File: 1472830043824.jpg (61KB, 550x640px) Image search: [Google]
1472830043824.jpg
61KB, 550x640px
>>35610257
Virtue signalling is when you perform an action specifically to indicate you have whatever-trait-it-is. It is usually used falsely, ie. the trait you are signalling you have, well, you don't really have.

>>35608342
I don't believe in karma or gods or anything else. I behave just how I feel I should. Whatever I respect in others, that's what I want to be myself.
>>
The idea of making the future a better place than the present and patching life to make it more user friendly for future generations by getting rid of bugs and glitches and things like this
>>
Probably a mixture of habit, fear, and intrinsic aversion to visible harm, all rationalized with consequentialist ethics.
>>
>>35611683
>Double kek. The worst people go the farthest in life, politicians being a prime example.

I've been seriously thinking. Are they really bad? I don't defend the obvious ones who stole from people and kills, but for every 1 of bad, there are still 1000 politicians, right?

I know it will be just another day when politicians are being corrupt, killing babies and horrible things. But with the recent shitstream with media being outed as unreliable (trolled by /pol/) and things, I've been thinking.
The ones who gossips and calling names to politicians are always the media itself.
Media told us since long that politicians are bad, corrupt, secretly trying to wreck every one of us singlehandedly.

But is it possible that beneath all things media said, most politicians are just... ordinary people with faults, and goods. maybe they do trying to fulfill their campaign promise, they tried to do their job, but red tapes, opposition, and media trying to get rating, and more hoopla.
>>
>>35608342
islam

orgiinally original comment
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.