[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I move to a farm and agree to work as a farmhand in exchange

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

How do I move to a farm and agree to work as a farmhand in exchange for room and board and a small monthly stipend? Surely this arrangement exists and it seems 100x better than wage cucking. I'd do it tomorrow if I could.

This should be a thing for young men who can't hack it who are dropping out of society and shit.
>>
>>35605956
The job you're looking for is done by either machines or mexicans.
>>
You can't work on a farm as generic unskilled labor anymore. Not unless you want to pick strawberries with illegals, and good luck competing with their wages.

Just go be homeless in hawaii.
>>
>>35605956
What are your skills anon? Can you replace a tire? Or maybe change the oil in a tractor? Have you ever operated any equipment besides a car, built somethin with your hands or handled livestock?
>>
File: 2712953986_65a73a5b98.jpg (132KB, 500x244px) Image search: [Google]
2712953986_65a73a5b98.jpg
132KB, 500x244px
>>35605956
http://wwoof.net/ have a green thumb
>>
I have a small little farm, I'd employ you if we had room for you to stay. Those kinds of jobs definitely exist though.
>>
I remember a robot a while back who had a farm and wanted to employ robots. I wonder what happened to him.
>>
>>35605956
http://hismansion.com/

I did this
>>
It's 2017 op
That kind of job is pretty much non-existent in america
>>
File: 1475932726340.jpg (153KB, 462x435px) Image search: [Google]
1475932726340.jpg
153KB, 462x435px
>>35605956
>tfw you're about to inherit several thousand aches of land that you plan on selling indiscriminately, ending your family's several generation long tradition of large scale farming
>>
Wwoof and helpx are options. I'm going to do the exact thing myself soon
>>
>>35606257
this looks tight I wish I could go
>>
>>35606257
>we want to help those who feel unwanted and hated
>application process to weed out non normalfags

Into the trash it goes.
>>
This thread cracks me up.

Yes this job exists. I have it. Small organic farms all across the country are searching for labor.

Goes to figure that people on /r9k/ have no idea what they're talking about.
>>
>>35606326
hippies are fuckin dickheads huh
>>
>>35606300
No its a application process to weed out people who arent serious about changing their life. Say all the right stuff and you will get in. Its free. You just have to pay 200$ for in case of emergencies like medical bills or travel tickets. You get it back if you dont use it.
>>
>>35606326
How did you get it? Wwof seems cultish and I'd do the Christian one listed in here but I smoke cigarettes it's my only vice I can't give up.

Also would the boss tolerate me being in shit shape for the first month or so because I've been a neet for four years?
>>
>>35606353
Have you ever met someone who works on a small organic farm? How do you know that they're hippies or dickheads?
>>
>>35606380
The work at His Mansion is more about character building then anything. As long as you try they wont give you shit for not being in shape
>>
>>35606383
whatever, I'm calling you a dickhead
>>
>>35606397
Is his mansion Catholic?
>>
>>35606606
No its non denominational
>>
If your a white canadian living in saskatchewan i will hire you, minimum wage, 40-60hrs a week
>>
>>35606647
Not him but does his mansion accept schizophrenics?
>>
>>35605956
Bumping this to point out that WWOOF is literally the exact thing you are asking about.

I know a number of people who have done it and it generally breaks down like this: outdoorsy, internally motivated people love it. People who were just trying to "do something" with their lives for a period of time hated it.

There are lots of more abstract arguments about how WWOOF is good/bad but who cares.

http://wwoof.net/#wwoof-start
>>
>>35607283
How is the crowd? I don't wanna end up with a bunch of rich latte sipping faggots just filling a year before going to work for daddy's law firm.
>>
>>35606757
Yes, but if you ever act up they will kick you out.
Just dont forget to take meds if you need them
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.