[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is sending pictures that you can only look at for ten seconds

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: snapchat.200.png (16KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
snapchat.200.png
16KB, 200x200px
Why is sending pictures that you can only look at for ten seconds so popular all of a sudden. Please redpill me, because it sounds fucking stupid.
>>
because nudos
>>
>>35605346
It's fucking weird man. I use it for the Stories feature, just to update on stupid shit.
>>
>>35605346
You send something and its gone, no need to worry about it ever again. In this day and age, that's a virtue, knowing that the govt and the nerds are stealing all our GBs these days.
>>
>>35605346
There are methods to screen shotting nudes without that notie. Just search in the App Store
>>
>>35605346
>it sounds fucking stupid.
Probably because it is, just like every meme app that normalfags latch onto.
>>
Clearly people DO want to communicate with pictures, which is why snapchat is so popular. But why don't people just send normal pictures to each other in apps where they DON'T disappear after ten seconds? Because sending a picture to someone feels pretty heavy, so that weight is taken away by the fact that it disappears forever. Simply put, it would be weird if, at the end of a conversation, you both just had a collection of pictures of each other.

All communication apps have relied entirely on text chat and snapchat is the only app that has successfully made photosharing its main form of personal communication.
>>
File: 1467846761159.jpg (73KB, 543x549px) Image search: [Google]
1467846761159.jpg
73KB, 543x549px
Despite what the news and old people who don't use it will tell you, it's not just for sending nudes. It's a good way to send pictures to your friends of what you're doing or what you see.

For example, my friend saw this dude on a massive old-timey bike on his school's campus the other day and sent a picture of it to our friend group chat to show us.

The pictures delete after you look at them because I don't need a ton of useless pictures saved onto my phone and if I wanted to keep them I can just screenshot it.
>>
>>35605346
I use it pretty frequently.

It's good for attaching a facial expression to a sentence, makes it easier to make things unambiguous with fewer words.

Also it's the fastest way to send pics of whatever shit I'm doing.

Plus streaks mean I actually have to contact people every day to keep them up so I can't shut myself away from the world for days on end like a disgusting NEET anymore.
>>
As a avid user myself, it's mostly used for sending small, irrelevant events in your life

Take this as an example
>Teacher is being a fuckwit
>me be like: lmao, thats funny
>Take a picture, snap it to my friends
>They laugh at it
>good times

Or maybe this

>at my party
>lmao, sweaty greek girl on my lap
>friends put it on their stories
>can screenshot their stories and tell my friends I actually have a social life and can actually talk to females
>>
send closeups of your face back and forth with girls.
>>
>>35605346
Is it a red flag if a girl uses snapchat
>>
>>35605346
I agree with this anon >>35605860 being able to send and talk about pictures without it being awkward by having a collection of them is really nice. Sometimes I just want to show my friends a picture of some stupid shit cause it's an inside joke or some shitty meme. It doesn't mean anything, the picture isn't worth keeping, it's worth a quick laugh and that's all I need to keep in touch with my friends. Especially since I go to uni a few hours away it's nice because we don't get to talk all the time, a funny picture with a meme caption is just our wierd way of saying how you doing, to let all of us know we're still friends and we care.
>No homo though.
>>
Its actually kinda fun

Think of good reaction pictures and make em with ur face
>>
>>35605346
It's the evolution of social media

MySpace became to much work to update/check so people moved to
Facebook which became to much work to update/check so people moved to
IG/Twitter but you also have to try a little bit at least on those

For Snapchat, it's an easy way to send updates/funny shit happening without having to put any effort into it, knowing it will just disappear in a few seconds. Also, it's reeeeally good for fap material. Besides the "Snapchat is only for nudes" meme, bikini pics constantly go up on chick's stories.
>>
>>35606116
Not really but if you see she has more than 2 "best friends" that are guys I'd say that's pretty red flag. I thought me and this girl were hitting off and we had a good streak for a while, but then saw her Snapchat one day and her best friends were all dudes. Also filters fuckin work, as white girl as it is, the dog filter makes women hot as fuck sometimes.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.