[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly does a hangover feel like? Also, is beer a lot

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: bar-1-1.jpg (40KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
bar-1-1.jpg
40KB, 500x361px
What exactly does a hangover feel like?

Also, is beer a lot unhealthier than wine or liquor? I know it has less alcohol content, but it seems to have way more sugar and carbs, so if you drink a lot of beer wouldn't that totally fuck up your heart and stomach?
>>
>>35601513
It feels like shit. Just tossing and turning in a sea of awful while your head hurts, your mouth is all dry, and you just can't quite throw up. Try it.

Hard liquor is the healthiest by calorie content and the most efficient way to get drunk.
>>
>>35601605

I ask because last week I had a lot of beer and in the morning I felt shitty. But there wasn't any "pain", it was more like just this feeling in my head that wouldn't go away. It's hard to explain but it felt awful; it didn't hurt, but it's like my mind couldn't get off this weird feeling in my head. Does that sound familiar?
>>
>>35601513
Beers are comfy, wine is a thing to have with food for me. If you're planning on drinking liquor you might as well do other more fun drugs like entheogens or speed base instead

A hangover makes you feel clammy, depressed, weak and tired. The worst comedown/ day after for any drug, that's for sure.
>>
>>35601513
when you sit up from your bed, you'll find the room still spinning with a right bastard of a throbbing headache, as well as any movement you make will trigger your stomach reflexes.

all good fun
>>
>>35601945

Is it true that sugary drinks trigger it the most
>>
vodka only = god mode
>>
>>35602040
haven't got a mate, but i wouldn't be surprised
>>
>>35602074
Clear drinks in general seem to produce weaker hangovers compared to an equivalent amount of wine or something.
>>
There are various degrees of hangovers.

The worst feel pretty much exactly like having a bad flu.

The weaker ones have symptoms like mild headache, minor nausea, maybe a bit of dizziness, feeling tired all day, etc.

That "weird feeling" you mention isn't uncommon. I've had hangover days where it felt like, I dunno, like the whole world was crooked or something. That kind of unidentifiable "wrongness."
>>
Flu like symptoms. Migraine. Racing heart. Aches. General sense of uneasiness. At least, that's how I feel, but maybe my body just cant handle liquor.
>>
>>35601513
like a bad flue, without the sore throat and congested nose.

A really bad hangover includes low bloodsugar combined with nausea so you cant hold any food down to raise your blodsugar.

Killer headaches and you cant really down a few painkillers as you can potentially make it worse with all the alchohol still in your system, though it helps after a few hours after you've woken up and most of the alchohol is gone.

How to avoid hangovers.

Know your limit, when stumble over shit, it's time to stop drinking. Most average sized men will have enough after 6-8 pints.
Stick to one beverage, combining various types of alchohol just creates a coctail of fuck that your liver have to get rid off.
Drink plenty of water before you go to bed.
Eat something salty as most of the alchohol depletes your sodium level and you just piss any water you drink out again.
If you feel really nauseous, go to the toilet and stick your finger down your throat and get it over with.
>>
>>35601659
I feel Like the hangovers get worse over time. When I was young I could drink a lot more and wouldn't really get that much of a hangover, but now that I've been drinking for a few years the hangovers hit a lot harder
>>
>>35602167
it's most likely anxiety, we even have a own word for it where I'm from, directly translated as drunken-anxiety.

Most common with blackouts.
>>
>>35602324
yeah, when you pass 25-30, hangovers get harder. Depends on how much of a beating you have given your liver in the previous years.

My hangovers are less worse now as I am a more experienced drinker and I drink less. The days of shotgunning beers and then downing 5-6 shots are over, now I try to keep myself in that nice buzz as long as possible.
>>
anyone else have absolutely mind blowing post-hangover wanks?
>mfw

it's almost reason enough to suffer through the drilling headache and nausea
>>
>>35602680
no, never been in a mood for a hangover wank.

Might be the rush of endorfins when you feel like shit. Must try it the next time I have a hangover.
>>
A headache and mild fever, same feeling as being really dehydrated. Not that bad just consume salt (from food) and water in the morning and you'll feel better as long as you aren't old.

Beer is very bad for you, since you need to drink so much. Each beer has quite a few calories in it and the calories are of no use to your body. It will not fuck up your heart and stomach unless you are a chronic alcoholic. The human body can take a lot of abuse.

I am assuming you're afraid to try alcohol or something. I would say just do it. It is fun.
>>
>>35601710
>worst comedown

Try MDMA.
>>
>>35601513
I spoke to a personal trainer for a gym in a bar that says beer makes you gassy and slows you down - he recommended spirits. But then he also said he got shot down testing an F35 over the middle east so I'm not convinced.

On a related note, anyone find their heart beats really fast and painfully after having alcohol? It only happens when I drink something sweet like toffee apple cider. Have to lie down until it goes away.
>>
>>35601513
>>35601659

No two hangovers are the same.

It all depends on what kind of alcohol you drink, how much of it, how much food you ate, how much water you drank.

On the spectrum of hangovers, on one end you have a headache and on the far end you have a pulsating migraine with extreme photosensitivity as well as constant nausea. If you've ever had caffeine poisoning or got really bad shits when travelling to a third world country, it's comparable to a strong hangover. You are seriously fucked up, you regress to the level of a toddler you can't even walk properly you just want your mommy and a bottle and to stay under your covers until the booboo goes away.

Sugar isn't really an issue with beer, there's very little if any at all depending on the type of brew and brand, and it won't "totally fuck up yout heart and stomach" but the carbs are carbs yeah, you're basically drinking liquid bread. There are low-carb beers if that's much of an issue for you.

Wine does have some meme nutrients in it that you can just easily get from grapes themselves. So it's hardly a health food.

It all comes down to taste. Beer is bitter and wine is sour, I prefer something like rum or vodka that just taste like good old alcohol.
>>
But in the end, it wont damange my brain or anything right? thats really all i care about. also, if i was allergic to hops, would i be able to tell?
>>
>>35603456

>But in the end, it wont damange my brain or anything right?

Chronic alcohol abuse over a course of years could damage your brain.

https://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa63/aa63.htm

Having a few drinks here and there (within reason) won't.
>>
>>35603456
>it wont damange my brain or anything right?

No, you'd have to be a chronic lifelong alcoholic.

>if i was allergic to hops, would i be able to tell?

It's extremely rare, and at worst you'll just get a runny nose and a skin rash after drinking. It's not like peanut allergies. You can get tested for allergies by just going to a clinic.
>>
if you drink liquor your liver takes damage in the long run, faster. otherwise it's a wonderful drug.
>>
What kind of alcohol should I buy if I want to

>get fucked up for very little money (high alcohol content)
>not have an intense hangover
>>
>>35603708
vodka.

>get fucked up
>not have an intense hangover
I dont think you know how alchohol works
>>
>>35603708
>>get fucked up for very little money (high alcohol content)
>>not have an intense hangover

I mean you kind of have to find a middle ground between the two because the cheapest shit will get you the most fucked up. A 40 oz of malt liquor or any sort of sugary imitation-vodka drink will get you fucked up for only a few dollars - but you will suffer.

On the other hand, smooth alcohol will cost more - some imported stuff can break the bank - but you can control how drunk you get with those rather than having it hit you all at once like those sugary drinks meant for underage girl or 40oz of beers. Sugar and carbonated water delivers alcohol to your bloodsteam much faster.

If you get hard alcohol within your budget, something like tequila or vodka or rum or whiskey, it'll come out cheaper in the long run and like I said you control the pace at which you get drunk.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.