[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. Spilled some molten plastic and burned my fingers.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: aburn.jpg (767KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
aburn.jpg
767KB, 2016x1512px
Hey guys. Spilled some molten plastic and burned my fingers. How badly did I just fuck my shit up?
>>
About 2 units
>>
>>35599070
They're called digits, dummy.
>>
Today the fucking italy volcano erupted

Mount Etna
>>
you are part plastic now. use your new found powers
>>
>>35599057
You'll probably get skin cancer, or something worse if the little bits of plastic somehow managed to go deeper in your skin and inside your system
>>
>>35599057
I've been burned way worse and it went back to normal eventually. If it hurts it probably won't scar at all.
>>
>>35599085
Cool.
How big of a deal is it?
>>
>>35599082
no, 2 units of bad
>>
>>35599057
you should probably dig all that out
>>
>>35599057
Why were you melting plastic?
>>
>>35599057
I got sprayed with molten steel and burning ethyl alcohol on 2 different occasions. You'll live. Most of that's not even gonna leave scars.
>>
>>35599095
Phew, that's a relief.

>>35599094
It doesn't seem embedded; it's more kinda caked on. Whenever I wash my hands, bits of it fall off, but I don't want to keep washing them in case it destroys the blisters.

>>35599302
We got a machine that separates oxygen from the atmosphere. I couldn't resist filling a balloon so I could light it on fire and watch it explode.

Unfortunately, oxygen is slightly denser than atmospheric air, so instead of exploding the balloon just shot a jet of flame and plastic into my hand. I should have seen it coming, really.
>>
>>35599094
Skin cancer? Not just an infection?
>>
>>35599057
Cut your damned nails
>>
I'd scrape that shit off, disinfect it, and expect it to hurt for a month and leave little scars.
>>
>>35600082
Don't you see the plastic bits are right on top of the burns? Scraping them off would take the blisters with them, causing a whole lot more harm than good. I think it's best to just let them shed along with your skin. If you've played with superglue before, you should probably know that skin sheds pretty fast.
>>
>>35599992
looks like trap fingers to me, the hairs on the lower parts of his fingers look shaved but maybe they were just burnt out of existence during the incident
>>
>>35601419
>maybe they were just burnt out of existence during the incident
Fuuuuck you're right; they were. Now my left hand has a bit of fuzz while my right is freakishly bare. Guess I'm not getting those back.

Also I don't cut my nails cuz I'm not a chick or gay. I pick them when I'm stressed like a real man.
>>
If you're all that worried, why not just go to a dermatologist and see if he can fix it?

Although I think eventually the plastic will just slough off, along with your old dead skin cells.
>>
>>35601543
>eventually the plastic will just slough off, along with your old dead skin cells.

That's what I'm betting on. I'm not too worried now because it's starting to show more signs of second- instead of third-degree burns. I'm just having a bad day and don't have the time to get emergency treatment, which I would need if it was entirely third-degree.
>>
>>35601525
Real men cut their nails so they don't rip them out during strenous physical activity you effete shrink wrapped idiot.
>>
>>35599094

OP is not going to get cancer from this. Stop trying to scare him.
>>
>>35599057
Your skin will blister and swell up, as it heals it will force out the foreign materials and you might get some scarring depending on how deep the burns went, but it doesn't look that bad.
>>
File: afingr.jpg (553KB, 1412x1059px) Image search: [Google]
afingr.jpg
553KB, 1412x1059px
>>35602790
Seems like you were right. Pic related shows what it looked like after a shower. Pretty sure it's second-degree all around.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.