[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is no god. There is no life after death. We're living

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: 1482290348175.png (148KB, 645x772px) Image search: [Google]
1482290348175.png
148KB, 645x772px
There is no god.
There is no life after death.
We're living in a Matrix Simulation.
There is no morality.
There is no truth.
Nihilism is the only way out.
Religion is a fabrication made to comfort us.
Multiverse exists.
You're just a tiny speck of dust on this massive scale of universe.
Nothing you do matters.
We will all die anyway.

These are the things that keep me up at night.
>>
>>35590862
>college freshman just got out of his philosophy class
>>
>>35590862
>he fell for the nihilism meme

oh boy
>>
>>35590862
Why don't you kill yourself and out
>>
>>35590862
>Prove it
>Prove it
>Debatable
>Debatable
>Debatable
>Existentialism > Nihilism
>Yes
>Most likely
>Obvious
>True
>No shit

If nothing matters find create your own subjective reality and make it matter, I really don't understand why people who find no meaning in life use this as an excuse to become bitter and edgy, the realization of the things mentioned above is the ultimate freedom to do whatever since nothing matters.
>>
>>35590862
I kind of agree with you, but there is always life after death. No matter what you believe created the Multiverse, there is a higher power that we can't comprehend. Honestly if you want to believe in anything , be an agnostic theist, then you don't have to worry about what God or the higher power is, and you know one exists.
>>
Let's talk about elliot rodger and the columbine shooters instead.
>>
>>35590968
Yeah right faggot. Go kill yourself if there's life after death
>>
>>35590862
>he's still naive enough to think there are answers
>he thinks any ideology will make him feel safe

Very few people are willing to admit they don't and never will know the unknowable truth. It's how I judge whether or not someone is intellectually honest, which is more important than being intelligent in my opinion.
>>
File: Now that's what I call edgy!.png (190KB, 373x327px) Image search: [Google]
Now that's what I call edgy!.png
190KB, 373x327px
>>35591007
Woah dude, be careful not to cut yourself on that edge. Make sure that fedora you're tipping so hard doesn't fall off of your head.
>>
>posts a bunch of pseudo philosophical "facts
>"there is no truth"

I too remember being 16
>>
Welcome to "young adulthood"
>>
File: avorite.jpg (552KB, 1625x1117px) Image search: [Google]
avorite.jpg
552KB, 1625x1117px
>>35590862
Truth DOES exist though.
Its appearance is rarer in a subjective reality, but truth tends to show itself in one way or another.
Also, consider for a moment the idea that we are given no purpose or directive that makes life worth living so we must make it up as we go. This gives some people nightmares, but I think that if I was given a purpose by an entity outside of myself I would tend not to trust what it was telling me.
tl;dr create your own meaning and believe in whatever that is while allowing for changes to the system you created for yourself.
>>
>There is no god.
we don't know
>There is no life after death.
we don't know
>We're living in a Matrix Simulation.
we don't know
>There is no morality.
we created it, it exists within us
>There is no truth.
it's better that way, there is no need for a truth
>Nihilism is the only way out.
nihilism is arrogance, you know nothing. you're just a human.
>Religion is a fabrication made to comfort us.
religion was created to replace nothingness
>Multiverse exists.
every possible reality is happening, but you are in this one
>You're just a tiny speck of dust on this massive scale of universe.
we are part of the universe
>Nothing you do matters.
it matters to yourself, do you need any other reason?
>We will all die anyway.
and so will the universe
>>
>>35590934
>Absurdism > Existentialism > Nihilism
fix'd
>>
>>35590934
>>Prove it
That's not how it works
You first have to prove that God exists
>>
>>35591052
>everything that doesn't agree with my irrational spiritual views is edgy
>>
>>35591031
>>35591065
Absurdism is just too much conflict with the reality and yourself, the absurdist can never find peace of mind

>>35591072
If you make a statement saying that something does not exist, you better have evidence to prove the non existence and define your concept, God some might think of it as a source or creator entity and others might think of a bearded skyman
>>
>>35591060
>create your own meaning and believe in whatever that is while allowing for changes to the system you created for yourself.
Not OP but doesn't that just make it an exercise in pointlessness though? If you've created your own meaning then it's just arbitrary shit you've decided on your whims to follow.
>>
>>35591060
The Universe doesn't exist on purpose
The Homo Sapien's quest for truth stems from our own biological predisposition to establish patterns from outer stimulus
Pattern recognition is a mutation of our genome to ensure the survival of our species

There's a reason our universe is so paradoxical, Humans trying to create paradigms that we ourselves deem logical, but in the grand scale of the universe do not require definition to exist.

>inb4 cogito ergo sum
>>
>>35590934
>create your own subjective reality and make it matter
Literally what's the point
>>
File: escapism.jpg (25KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
escapism.jpg
25KB, 221x228px
>>35591268
>Not OP but doesn't that just make it an exercise in pointlessness though? If you've created your own meaning then it's just arbitrary shit you've decided on your whims to follow.

I do recognize this; of course it is arbitrary as is anything else. I think the place to draw the distinction is in that just because it is made up, doesn't mean you can't convince yourself it is true long enough to get the benefits of that thinking. Take the process of taking red pills for example. People who take the "red pill" in one subject or another used to think something entirely different about the matter at hand, but were able to change and adapt their world view to coincide with the new information presented. Also, people that are capable of integrating new ideas quickly and dropping without sentiment ineffective ideas or ideas that fail to serve the end of their whim are MUCH harder to manipulate. When your world view can be so easily modulated with nothing but the brain in your head, suddenly humanity realizes it has been being told what it is for far too long instead of deciding for itself.
>>
>>35591492
To make this infinitesimal fraction of existence we call life more tolerable adjusting it to our standards, your interpretation of things is ultimately all that matters, whether you consider yourself to be right or wrong
>>
File: considerthefollowingpunpun.png (4KB, 298x302px) Image search: [Google]
considerthefollowingpunpun.png
4KB, 298x302px
>>35591492
You get to change the world in whatever way you desire. You become the avatar for change. The attitudes you hold within yourself change the systems around you; as above, so below.
>>
>>35591214
You can never prove nonexistence you idiot
>>
File: 1463495602484.png (14KB, 382x346px) Image search: [Google]
1463495602484.png
14KB, 382x346px
want to know something even more fucked? We're not in control of ourselves.

Our actions are constantly being determined by external forces. The external world effects our thinking but our thoughts are also external when it comes to consciousness. You may think you are making decisions on your own, but its the neurons that are effected by external events that make these decisions and your consciousness is merely an observer of the events that unfold. Your consciousness is like a leader of an organization who takes public credit for the group so this is why you 'think' you're making decisions.

Consciousness is also an illusion, because when we say we're conscious of ourselves thats impossible because of the 1/3 second delay until we become conscious of something, so we're in fact conscious of an earlier time in space which is also an earlier state of another time, but its never our current state. If we trace back all our moments of consciousness it will eventually lead to nothingness. The things we perceive don't actually exist.
>>
>>35590862
If we're living in a Matrix, who created the Matrix?
>>
>>35591064
>we don't know but we should believe anyway because it makes us 'feel good'
Not a strawman, this is not an argument or representation of any individual including myself and yourself, just a caricature of the thought processes of like-minded people
>>
>>35590934
>>35591065
Stoicism>All other philosophies
>>
>anything is possible
>but not here, not now
>doesn't matter anyway because none of it means anythings
I sincerely do not understand this
>>
>>35591065
my man

absurdism is the way out
>>
>>35590862
if life is a simulation i hope when i die i can reroll my character or something
>>
>>35592552
in this sense, a human being is simply a natural phenomenon

"free will" is just the ability of humanity to resist primal instincts for long term benefit, not some extraphysical force of a "soul", we are no more than animals that are strong adapters

determinism pill, take it
>>
>>35590881
Nihilism isn't a meme, life is ultimately pointless.
Giving up with life because of that fact is a meme though.
>>
File: 1483018250086.jpg (1MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
1483018250086.jpg
1MB, 1520x2688px
>>35594215
Can you sum up stoicism in simple terms please

I've read about it but I don't get it.
>>
>>35590862
>There is no god.
prove it and explain the implications thereof
>There is no life after death.
prove it
>We're living in a Matrix Simulation.
prove it and explain the implications thereof
>There is no morality.
show that relative morality isn't functionally absolute for someone in your position
>There is no truth.
show that axiomatic truths cannot be sufficiently valid to derive a set of truths from them
>Nihilism is the only way out.
are you 15 years old?
>Religion is a fabrication made to comfort us.
fair
>Multiverse exists.
prove it.
>You're just a tiny speck of dust on this massive scale of universe.
does it matter that you are?
explain why it does/does not.
>Nothing you do matters.
explain your reasoning
>We will all die anyway.
wow edgy
>>
>>35594547
It's not really a meme, if nihilism is true what you do is irrelevant
>>
>>35592437
You can prove nonexistence, by proving that it is not possible for something to exist.
>>
>>35594607
it's all in your head, pain, hurt feels, you can make it all go away by concentrating
>>
>>35594909
How do I do that anonymous
>>
>>35594607
It means that you don't want to base your happiness on external factors.

You can't base your happiness on your job, your wealth, your wife, your kids, or your hobbies. Because all of these things can be taken away from you.

While it does not say you must remain in poverty and miserable conditions, you must not allow negative emotions to control you. When you're poor, wearing old clothes, and working a shitty job, you still have to find some sort of peace.

But it does not necessarily mean you have to be happy WITH your situation if it's bad, only that you be able to control your negative emotions in such times.

There was a solider that fought in the Vietnam War, he, along with several others were captured by the Vietnamese. He knew that he might never make it out, and instead of deluding himself with the idea of being saved, he did all he could to hold steady despite his situation. He ended up surviving, of course, and came out nearly the same man as when he went in.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.