[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I bought something with my credit card for $300 on March 3rd

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

So I bought something with my credit card for $300 on March 3rd (Yes it was a Switch) anyway I just looked and it said my due date was 3/14/17. Can someone tell me why I was only given like 10 days to pay off my credit card? Shouldn't I be allowed to make MONTHLY payments? It just says "Due date - 3/14/17" and where it says minimum payment it's just blank.

So my question is was I suppose to pay off my entire fucking credit card 3 days ago? Or was that like a due date for a minimum payment? Also I did return something on my credit card after I bought the switch, and some people told me that a return on a credit card counts as a payment on the credit card, so does that mean when I did the return it counted that as a payment? I'm just so confused and worried because it's saying the due date was 3 days ago but I bought the damn thing on the 3rd of March, doesn't make sense to me why I'd be expected to pay off $300 in 10 days, usually you can make minimum monthly payments. What's the point of charging it to my credit card if I was expected to pay it off 10 days later? Can someone explain to me what is going on? Or would it be better to call my credit card company? I just don't want to get in trouble or anything, plus I'm trying to build good credit as well.
>>
File: 1392971004208 - Copy - Copy.gif (320KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1392971004208 - Copy - Copy.gif
320KB, 300x169px
>>35584015
jesus christ nigger slow the fuck down. okay so you missed the payment, they're gonna fine you for that. Not sure how much, could be $30 or so. depends. now worse than that is your credit score is gonna take a hit. not a big one, but a hit nonetheless.

OR your credit card isn't even registering the payment since the debt was put on too close to the due date. In that case no worries. Either way just throw in like $20 a month, they don't expect you to pay the whole thing back at once. Kind of weird not having a minimum amount due but that makes me think the card hadn't accounted for the recent purchase. Regardless, really not a big deal. If there's like a single problem just go to your bank and they'll explain it to you. They're not gonna sweat you over $300 and if there's something fucked going on they'll adjust it.
>>
>>35584015
You shouldn't buy things you can't afford. I pay my credit card off in full every month. So consistently that my bank keeps increasing my limit without asking me. Banks are literally making a living off of stupid people like you.
>>
Ignore the other guy.

Payments are due the same time every single month. It doesn't matter when the purchase was made.

And this month's payment covers last month's activity.

Since the minimum payment is $0, you won't need to pay anything at all this month. The minimum you need to pay is $0.

Next month you'll have a new minimum payment and the due day will be one month since the last due date.

All bills work like this.
Welcome to adulthood
>>
I work at a bank and you're a fucking retard for using your credit card without knowing how it works. I hate people like you.
>>
>>35584162
Sorry I tend to get paranoid easily, and I'm anxious as well. I went ahead and made a $25 payment just now, just to be safe. But I'm kind of like you, I don't know why I wasn't getting a minimum payment showing up. And I really didn't want to have to pay a late fee, or take a hit to my credit score if possible. I'm hoping that's not what'll happen, but anyway I guess I might call my CC company tomorrow and speak to a representative, maybe they can tell me what is going on just to assure me. I know I'm getting worked up over nothing, like the worst thing that can happen is I just end up paying a late fee but I probably am making it into a bigger deal than it is.

>>35584224
>Hurr durr minimum payments are for poor people and retards

Fuck off richfag, the whole purpose of a credit card is to buy something you can't/don't want to pay in full right away. It gives you the opportunity to pay it off gradually which is a relief to a lot of people, just because I didn't want to walk in and drop $300 right off doesn't mean I'm poor.

Fuck off arrogant bastard
>>
>>35584162
^am this guy
>>35584258
^this guy's right. I just didn't articulate it correctly.

>>35584278
If you're looking to build credit you really should pay that shit off monthly though. Regardless just wait and see, you've got a month to figure out what to do whether you actually have to do anything or not. If you don't have a month then they'll be sure to contact you first.
>>
>>35584276
I know what a credit card is, and how the basic function/concept works. I just was confused because I've never had this happen before, also credit cards have a lot of nuances and variables. Calling me retarded is like calling half the population retarded because I can assure you a large majority of people don't know how to properly use a credit card, if you work in a bank you should know this.

Faggot.

>>35584258
I like how the bank just expects people to know this, not like they tell you. When I looked it up online it seemed to be a common question, lots of people didn't know what a $0 minimum balance meant and why they didn't owe anything for the month.

Alright so I'm guessing that refund on my credit card counted as a payment on my credit card, so I don't owe anything this month. I hope that's the case because I really didn't want to pay a late fee charge and have it affect my credit score, but I think you're right, sounds like I just didn't owe a minimum payment this month so I worried for nothing. It just said my minimum payment was due 3/14/17 but since I didn't owe a minimum payment it worked out. I only freaked out because it's 3/17/17 and I was like "OH SHIT!! I didn't realize I had to make a payment 3 days ago." So I started freaking out.
>>
>>35584377
Well like I said I went ahead and made like a $25 payment so I should be fine, I don't even think I HAD to make a payment but I did as a precaution. I'll wait until April 1st and see if anything changes like I know my next payment will be due April 14th, but I'll have to see if it says I owe a minimum payment for the month April, I'm sure it will. And besides like I said I might call my CC company tomorrow and ask them to confirm what is going on, and answer my questions.
>>
>>35584388
The bank expects you to READ THE FUCKING LEGAL AGREEMENT. Get a copy of your fucking agreement from card member services and educate yourself you literal mongoloid. Newsflash, half the population is retarded you fucking mouthbreather.
>>
>>35584535
AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!!!! CASH ME OUTSIDE HOW BOUT DAT?

No, but seriously I know most people are retarded and I expected you're included in that as well. Nobody is perfect.
>>
>>35584388
As long as your minimum payment is $0, there will be no late fee.

Your payment can't be late if you didn't owe a payment
>>
>>35584574
Yeah I figured as much, but it didn't really say "minimum payment - $0." It said "minimum payment - -"

Like it had two hyphens in a row where minimum payment digit should be, I'm assuming that means $0 though, or like you didn't owe anything.
>>
>>35584603
Yup.

So the payment you did make will still come off of the total owed.

You didn't do anything wrong.

I would seriously consider calling the bank though, just so you can talk to them directly and they can clear up any other questions you have.
>>
>>35584563
>reddit memes

The fuck are you even doing here kid.
>>
>>35584688
>Gets this easily offended by stupid reddit memes

Look at him, look at him and laugh.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.