[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got $2000 out of nowhere today, what should I do. It was supposed

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: 1489162233800.jpg (65KB, 770x702px) Image search: [Google]
1489162233800.jpg
65KB, 770x702px
I got $2000 out of nowhere today, what should I do.

It was supposed to be a part of a student loan but I have a 50k scholarship and after checking it's covered under that. My student loans are only about 10 grand.

Should I save it and put it all towards the remainder or blow it on fun shit? I legit have 1950 dollars in my wallet right now Ive never had this much money before.
>>
>>35579055
Put half of it towards your student loan and have fun with the rest
>>
Spend it on hookers.

Clearly not original.
>>
Loan me $6, some company fucked me with a bogus charge so I can't buy the thing I was gonna buy.
>>
>>35579055
>It was supposed to be a part of a student loan

Well OP you have 2 options:
>Blow it on stupid shit and owe $2k + interest
>Give it back to them

I'd personally give it back, but I hate being in debt.
>>
>>35579055
Save it. Poor people like you always blow their money on stupid shit
>>
File: 1431739059973.jpg (188KB, 1314x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1431739059973.jpg
188KB, 1314x1024px
>>35579055
Are you sure this isn't $2k you're going to own back later
If it is doing anything other than giving it back immediately is really stupid, especially if you're new to handling money and this is the largest amount you've ever had
>>
>>35579055
save it, maybe buy a switch if you really want something special then save the rest
>>
Dont waste it. Youll regret it
>>
File: 20170225_125944.jpg (874KB, 1439x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170225_125944.jpg
874KB, 1439x1080px
Buy a nice bicycle
>>
>>35579055
Buy drugs and alcohol. You're going to have to pay it back eventually. Or kill yourself if the whole school thing doesn't work out. Then you don't have to pay it back.
>>
>>35579109
collect change from around your house and car
>>
>>35579141
I thought about it but 300 just to play Zelda sounds p stupid.

I'm gonna save 1500 and probably just have the rest as living money. My parents want me to buy a car with it but that means the whole 2000 is gonna have to go towards plates/papers/insurance and I'm not about it when I can just metro everyhwere
>>
>>35579207
You can't put change on a credit card. I've got a whole jar of it but I can't use that to buy shit online.
>>
>>35579238
Pre paid credit cards let you buy shit on the internet
>>
>OP can't even answer basic questions

I hope the money ends up owed back later and you get to pay interest for assuming it was free
>>
>>35579238
Go to the bank and deposit it then
>>
>>35579306
I just wanted to rub it in your poorfag faces
>>
>>35579295
I'm using a prepaid one, but I got jewed by a fradulent charge and you have to send a fax to contest them.
>>35579308
My bank doesn't even offer credit cards. I've asked. I also don't even have enough to get out of the negatives.
>>
>>35579123

It's not even OP's money. It's a loan which will accrue interest. He'd be an idiot to blow it - but then again he IS asking advice on what to do with it on /r9k/
>>
invest it.
or buy some dank narcotics.
basically the only 2 things i do with my money
>>
>>35579354
Of course they don't offer credit cards, they're a bank. Get a debit card. If your bank doesn't offer debit cards you might as well keep your money under your mattress.
>>
File: 39512.jpg (25KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
39512.jpg
25KB, 350x500px
Buy a gun and a lot of ammunition

Compare yourself for something that really matters. Battle. Money won't mean shit when the war kicks off
>>
>>35579423
I have a debit card. But the debit cards from my bank don't work online. Again, I've checked.
>>
>>35579449
What the fuck kind of bank do you use? Get a real bank.
>>
>>35579496
I use the only fucking bank around because I don't live in a giant assfuck city.
>>
>>35579522
Do you live in bumfuck nowhere? Because even regular sized towns have a branch of a major bank. I lived in a town of 5k and we still had a citi bank
>>
>>35579552
>Do you live in bumfuck nowhere?
Yes. That's why I buy things online in the first place.
>>
Buy a gold coin and spend the rest on weed.
>>
Don't spend all of it anon, in fact don't spend it at all if you don't want to. It's hard if it's the first time you've gotten a decent amount of money to spend, but the worst thing you can do is go looking for things to buy. You'll convince yourself one way or another that you need/actually want [x item] and then you'll waste the money.

>>35579354
>you have to send a fax to contest them
The ultimate fucking scam.
>>
File: 1481993420379.png (497KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1481993420379.png
497KB, 1000x1000px
>>35579338
>$2k
>thinks he has any amount of money that matters

Here's your (You)
>>
Don't blow it all at once, but don't put any back. Save the money for unknown expenses for the rest of college. It's better to have the 2k now than later, even though you'll pay interest on it. It's mostly because 2k becomes pretty much nothing once you start your first job after college, but 2k is a lot when you're a broke college student.
>>
>>35579055
save it, one day youre going to need 2000$ out of no where.
>>
>>35579612
>The ultimate fucking scam.
It's infuriating. I've been waiting because it's a "pre-authorization" charge and will supposedly drop off on its own after a maximum of 30 days. But it hasn't, and the charge was on Valentine's Day. At this point I'm wondering if it's worth calling them up to harass them until they take it off. It's not even a big charge, but because our dollar is weak, it drops me too low to get what I was going to get. It's just a fucking prepaid card I got as a gift and I was saving what was left on it for months in case something I wanted came up.
>>
buy 2k worth of weed with it

you will be able to sell this to normans at your school and make even more than 2k if you price your product appropriately

make money nigga
>>
>>35579522
I use a small local bank a 7 minute walk from my house and can still buy things online with a debit card because they're not a bunch of incompetent morons.
>>
>>35579723
Good for you, that does nothing to magically improve my bank situation. What do you want, a fucking cookie?
>>
The true question is, what would the Jews do, and for that answer is up for you to discover
>>
>>35579739
I want you to get another bank. That's what I want from this conversation.
>>
>>35579785
So are you illiterate? Because there is no other bank around. Much like there is no McDonald's around. It is not here. It's not going to magically be here if I think real hard about it. God is not going to reach down and touch an empty plot of land and when I wake up tomorrow there's a bank there.
>>
>>35579808
Well, it's somewhere. Is there a giant wall around your town or something?
>>
>>35579833
There's water on three sides and nothing on the fourth one. When I say asshole of nowhere, I mean asshole of nowhere.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.