[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's life for you in the fly-over states? For me it sucks

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11

File: image.png (37KB, 1513x983px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
37KB, 1513x983px
How's life for you in the fly-over states?

For me it sucks
>cold as fuck
>no major cities for miles
>a few run down factories
>>
>>35579008

>Hawaii
>Flyover state

What the fuck
>>
Kansas here. I never leave my house and its cheap as fuck so i dont care. Also that image is complete fucking shit and you should feel bad for posting it
>>
Not my pic but all the other images are worse
>>
File: fixed.png (16KB, 1513x983px) Image search: [Google]
fixed.png
16KB, 1513x983px
I wouldn't mind almost never going outside and enjoying the low cost of living but there are literally no jobs here so everything being cheap is quite pointless.
>>
In Minnesota. It's freezing most of the time, but at least we have the biggest mall in America, and had Prince, I guess. That's basically it
>>
>>35579008
>texas
>north carolina
>Arizona
>michigan
>Ohio
>Iowa
>etc.
>>
>>35579504
Dont forget illinois (chicago)
>>
I always wanted to go over to one of these states. According to thread, it is snowing. Thing is, I am an asian/pacific islander from Hawaii. Will people cast judgement on me for being non-white? I want to play in the snow one day and build an igloo and snowman.
>>
Finding a job is really fucking tough here
>>
>>35579575
No one in America has issues with Asians,
Americas favorite minority.
>>
This area of the country is just so fucking depressing. Just a bunch of people the government has no idea what to do with. You can just tell by driving through some of these towns that no one here is going to make it.
>>
>>35579023
It should be in it's own class as transfer state, the only peeps wanting to go to Hawaii are milcucks, fat old people and hobo's. Everyone with sense just stops there on the way to the Slantlands.
>>
Should I move to the east coast or west coast I feel like I have no future in the rust belt anymore
>>
>>35579685
Depends on what you do/want to do. But if it isn't trade centered tb.h then either would do, hell even with trade but you'd have to go union.
>>
>>35579626
You forgot normies from all over the world thinking its some paradise. Also a must for chad and stacy for their honeymoon.
>>
>>35579575

Contrary to liberal propaganda, you would be hard pressed to find a group of people more generally friendly and welcoming than rural whites. On the other hand, try visiting a Democrat-run diverse paradise like Detroit and see how long it takes you to get robbed.
>>
>Nevada
>Hawaii
>these are not fly over state
what does Virginia, Delaware, Vermont, Rhode Island, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Pennsylvania,and Oregon have?
>>
>>35579008
Colorado definitely ain't flyover. Those faggots.
>>
Any Texas Panhandle fags? Specifically in the Dalhart/Dumas area?
>>
Connecticut here. Is there such thing as a drive over state?

>not jew york city
>not bawwwstin

Itsanabstractfeel.jpeg
>>
>>35579889
>Contrary to liberal propaganda, you would be hard pressed to find a group of people more generally friendly and welcoming than rural whites

Except I've lived among rural white people all my life, and what you're saying is patently false. My entire family is like something out of a Jerry Springer special.

Nice try, /pol/
>>
>>35579988

Nobody's flying over coastal states, dumbass. "Flyover" is not a meaningless term for shitty states. It refers to states in the middle of the country that people literally fly over while traveling to coastal states.
>>
>>35580058

Oh shit man you got me, here I was trying to trick some dumbass pacific islander into visiting Iowa as a tourist so we could lynch his ass and you went and ruined it all.
>>
>>35579575
>Will people cast judgment on me for being non-white?

You might be accused of being an illegal immigrant. Americans love to scapegoat minorities for their own personal failures in life.
>>
>>35579988
All we have in CT is rude people, heroin and the UConn Huskies
>>
I live in Minnesota. It's pretty comfy. People like to complain about the winters but I kind of like it.
>>
>>35579569
CHICAGO CHICAGO TST TST TST TST TST TST CHICAGO CHICAGO!
>>
>>35579597

Wrong, it's blacks, especially for white women, if you catch my drift
>>
>>35580062
>be Georgia
>be costal
>be blue in OP's pic
no one ever flies from florida to new york.
okay
>>
File: dumb.png (1MB, 1196x838px) Image search: [Google]
dumb.png
1MB, 1196x838px
>>35580062
so green is right and black never happens?
>>
I had no idea what a flyover state was until you posted that pic. Also I'm a boring nonhipster homebody so living here is fine.
>>
File: img000026.png (740KB, 1406x2000px) Image search: [Google]
img000026.png
740KB, 1406x2000px
>fags in this thread could never enjoy every state in the U S A.
>tfw every state in my view are beautiful in their own way. Especially when it comes to their outdoor activities, irrelevant history/landmarks and other historic/natural sites.

Then again, I am a person who despises everything the city has to offer despite living/working in one 7 months out the year.

Glad I spend the other 5 months traveling to every state I can go.

Picture unrelated.
>>
>>35579008
Texas is not a flyover state.
>>
>WI
>summers are mostly amazing
>winters are bearable but get too long

It's mostly the solitude and the overweight people. I'm a small framed manlet and women rocket toward 200+ pounds once they turn 20 here.
>>
>>35579266
>Idaho
>Montana
>Wyoming
My 3 favorite states. I wish to go there someday.

>>35580185
B-but muh South Windsor!
>>
>>35580870
>statewide delicacy is deepfried cheese curds
>wonders why women get heavy after 20
>>
>>35580231
Land of 10,000 passive agressive Hmong and Somalians (if your a twin cities faggot)
>Tfw north shore masterace
>Tfw minnesota accent still exists here
>Tfw twin cities fags will never know how much better life is up here
(PS St paul is better than Minneapolis in every way)
>>
>>35580987
Another thing st clous smells like shit and rodchester has nothing to do, only thing it has is 1 good raidi station incase you were a rual faggot
>>
>>35580231
>>35580987
>tfw MN
>tfw St. Paul at St. Thomas
>tfw north shore is godly but duluth is overrun with collegefags and tourists
>tfw waterfalls up near the north shore/border
>tfw state parks
>tfw everyone rags on the state fair but it's pretty comfy to me, lot of nostalgia
>tfw lakes fucking everywhere to do lake stuff on
>tfw plenty of fishing and hunting
i like it here but i still want to leave
>>
File: 1475119598156.png (165KB, 476x356px) Image search: [Google]
1475119598156.png
165KB, 476x356px
>>35579008
>Texas
>Flyover state
haha good one
>>
>>35581075
favorite places in MN are North Shore trails, Palisade head, St Croix, Stillwater, the Boundry Waters, and the country (also not a duluth faggot but I am near it. Dont mind the tourists but the college fags get annoying)
All in all a great state with good things to do for all ages and pleanty of beauty, only problem are the southies city life and st cloud
>>
>>35580837
>Especially when it comes to their outdoor activities, irrelevant history/landmarks and other historic/natural sites.
I am pretty sure everyone can visit a state and go "oh cool" at some landmark. Doesn't mean they're places that you'd want to actually live in.
>>
>>35581149
I've never been to St. Cloud because I've never had any reason to. Isn't there a prison up near there? I think my uncle is incarcerated somewhere around there
>>
>tfw live in mid-Michigan
>tfw literally nothing to do
>tfw have to drive for hours just to get to a mildly interesting city
>tfw the only mildly interesting big city within two hours is Detroit
>tfw Detroit is only interesting because it has scary black people and streets that give you an adrenaline rush

>tfw drove 1.5 hours there last week just to get tacos from a Mexican-run trailer
>tfw all the power was out because of a wind storm
>tfw half the fucking city was pitch black
>tfw had to go into a McDonald's to take a piss
>tfw all the black people inside were actually really nice
>>
>Georgia, North Carolina, Texas, Colorado are flyover states

KEK

Sorry you live in a shit state, OP. But don't lump is all in with you!
>>
>>35580925
>wyoming
why, the only cool thing here is yellowstone which is also in montana
>>
>>35580185
maybe on the west side lmao

east side has rude people, heroin, and FUCKING NOTHING
i want out fuck
>>
>>35580058
Go suck your wifes boyfriends dick, carl
>>
>kansas
>literally the epicenter of flyover
>shitty politics and meh everything
End me.
>>
>>35581473
yup, calling people fags. thats the kind of hospitality and open mindedness the midwest farmers are known for.
>>
File: 3200062557_fe0ab165fb_b-700x467.jpg (105KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
3200062557_fe0ab165fb_b-700x467.jpg
105KB, 700x467px
>>35581270
Michigan is beautiful with rolling hills and lush forests and a nice variety of people.

I live in North Dakota for work. 90% of it is just barren, treeless wasteland. 8 months of the year it's winter- and not like a peaceful "let's build a snowman and go skiing" winter. It's hell on earth.

Stop complaining
>>
>>35581385

jackson hole tho
>>
File: 1460261032959.jpg (45KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1460261032959.jpg
45KB, 500x500px
>80 degrees last week
>30 degrees earlier this week
>70 degrees today

I just want to know if I can put away my heater.
>>
>>35579008
>Texas
>Flyover

Spotted the east coast cuck.
>>
>>35581608

Michigan is beautiful with rolling hills and lush forests if you drive three hours north of where I live.

My part of the state is completely flat, featureless, and with an assortment of small towns and suburbs. It's very uninteresting, although I do apologize for your being stuck in North Dakota.

Heck, even the closest Great Lake is two hours away from me.
>>
>>35581609
>jackson hole tho
if you have the money I guess
>>
>>35581581
>impyling im midwestern
>imblying sucking his dick is gay, and not just an act of submission
>>
>>35579008
>texas
>flyover

Nigger, we don't even need the rest of you.
>>
>>35580837
>Minnesota
name please
original stranger
>>
>>35580837
>>35582029
does anyone know the name?
fuck off robot
>>
I live in eastern SD and its flat, cold, boring and windy as fuck.
But atleast there are no niggers.
>>
>>35581608
I can 1 up you, i live in central saskatchewan where 9 months of the year is winter and its all flat plains, and we have stupid natives who keep killing farmers and if a farmer defends himself hell get 20 years for muh injubs
>>
If I lived in a flyover state I'd spend all my time working towards leaving it forever. I could not even imagine living in that hell.I have driven and ridden trains across the US multiple times and middle America, while some places are gorgeous for outdoors stuff, and it is nightmarishly boring.
The center of America is endless plains, literally the great plains with nothing but dots of half-street towns that the train passes through in a blink.
I cannot even imagine living in a place like that, I'd have hanged myself in a barn by the time I was 14
>>
>>35579575
Only still snowing in midwest shitholes
In glorious Montana it's supposed to be 60 and sunny this weekend
>>
File: tmp_21083-7c9-1974774783.png (196KB, 680x649px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_21083-7c9-1974774783.png
196KB, 680x649px
>>35579008
>fly over states
>picture of 3/4 of country
That bretty dumb op. Nice bait
>>
>>35579626
>not scuba diving with 20 foot mantas
>not scuba diving with hammerhead sharks
>not scuba diving with whales

You don't know shit about Hawaii. It's lame as shit if you just want to sit on the beach like a bitch but it's got some of the best scuba diving in the world.
>>
>>35582275
i live in Montana also, I always see someone else on this board that lives here also but they never reply back. Is it you anon
>>
>>35582520
Nah, that must be someone else.
>>
>>35582542
I live in bzn wbu mate?
>>
>>35582644
Missoula area
/r9k/ meetup when?
>>
>>35582653
Kek I was just there yesterday, u in uni?
>>
>>35579008
Really comfy. Nice weather, and living in a flyover city near the southern border lets me have good food and city benefits, but with a really low cost of living.
>>
>>35582679
Nah, but I work there
>>
File: IMG_4891.jpg (20KB, 418x352px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4891.jpg
20KB, 418x352px
>>35580925
>tfw want to retire in bozeman with a comfy gf
>>
>>35579884
Normies go there because they wanna go to an authentic (tourist) luau and Stacie wants one of those cute grass skirts. Also not really a "must" it's up there but you could say Paris or some Europlace is generally higher on the totem pole.

>>35582452
Wow, scuba diving the ONE thing no other tropical area has.
>>
>>35582984
Bozeman is full of 10/10 rockclimber chads
>>
>>35581810
>muh guns
>muh grid
I can't wait till Austin and those border towns turn you guys blue. The ensuing chaos and one party dystopia will be worth the lel.
>>
>>35579008
Can someone tell me what a flyover state is?
>>
>>35579008
As someone from the San Francisco Bay area (the real california) Hawaii gets a pass because they didn't vote for Trump. Also no one fucking flies over Hawaii, they fly to it.
>>
Anyone live in Utah? I'm going to scout towns north of SLC around the AFB soon for a business idea
>>
File: 1488804941084.jpg (155KB, 479x640px) Image search: [Google]
1488804941084.jpg
155KB, 479x640px
Yes living in a smog choked city is the epitome of living
You are all so fucking dumb
>>
>>35583188
I just moved here for work in slc
Thank god I'm out in 6 months
Way too many people
>>
>>35583148
Confirmed for not actually being from California. Faggot.
>>
>tfw live in Nebraska
>tfw people think your state is just corn fields
>tfw live in Omaha with ~1 mil metro population
>tfw great job market and great local university
>tfw based Warren Buffett

We got all the amenities of a big city but you can still drive from one end of town to the other in under 30 minutes. Also we stuck all the niggers in one corner of the city. Great place.
>>
>>35579008
>Leaving all those states off the flyover map.
Just because you touch some salt water doesn't mean you aren't a flyover. If ain't NYC it's yokel country.
>>
>>35583422
oh look its the magic plant that allows people to handle the misery of middle America, now where is his cousin meth.
>>
>>35583022
It's not just the existence of scuba diving, retard. It's especially good scuba diving.
>>
anyone else from idaho here
>>
Used to live in Iowa right next to Omaha and it was actually pretty good. It gets cold as fuck but that's about it
>>
>>35579575
>I am an asian/pacific islander from Hawaii
GET OUT MY ALASKA RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1469906745672.jpg (131KB, 865x648px) Image search: [Google]
1469906745672.jpg
131KB, 865x648px
>>35579008
>Texas
What the actual fuck
Literally best state.
>>
WI here. It's quiet here, which is fine by me
>>
>>35579008
Life is great in the summer.
In the winter it's a frozen hellscape.
>>
>>35584758
Wow I never knew everyone went to Hawaii just to look at fish, wrecks and caves. I almost thought there was something else there
>>
>>35579008
>texas
>fly over

lol
>>
Lived in North Dakota for nearly 3 years.

Pros.
>Comfy but, harsh winters.
>Nice people overall.
>Nice summers.
>Nice springs.

Cons.
>Nothing to do but, get drunk.
>Sub arctic sausage fest. Hard pressed to get gf.
>Africans took dem jerbs no really.
>Food sucks. It's all bland and dull.
>Fields can get boring.
>Injun terriorty. I swear I only met one good native there.
>BORING AS FUCK.
>>
>Tennessee
>Get to enjoy all of Nashville's benefits without most of the traffic and none of the city bullshit thanks to rural home
>Winters are nice
>Cheap
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.