[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else suffer with horrific acne scars or something similar?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11

File: acnescars.jpg (20KB, 729x500px) Image search: [Google]
acnescars.jpg
20KB, 729x500px
Anyone else suffer with horrific acne scars or something similar? Is there any hope for us?
>>
I have scars on my forehead from misquote bites when I was really young. I used to claw at them. I also have a scar across my eye, all over my left arm, and a 10 inch incision on my leg from a recent car accident where I broke my femur.
>>
looks like someone shit on your chest and you didn't clean it off well enough
>>
>>35574934
>something similar?
I have regular scars.

>>35574934
>Is there any hope for us?
>Plastic surgery
>Tattoos
>>
>>35575090
Regular scars look badass though. Acne scars are laughable. :(
>>
>>35575119
>Regular scars look badass
Kinda true, but it's still an scar.
>>
>>35574934
permanently red face from scarring and my dad forcing me out into the sun when the medication clearly said avoid the sun
>>
>>35574934
I have pretty bad acne + scars on my shoulders and back. Also self harm scars because I was a faggot emo.
>>
>>35574934
you have that due to anxiety, take xanax or valium
>>
>>35575868
I had really really bad acne that only accutane could fix. Maybe my anxiety isn't doing my non scarred portions any favors but the gross looking scars are forever there. :(
>>
>>35574934
I've got a ton of little pockmarks on my cheeks. It's not bad now, but eventually I'll look like Edward James Olmos. I basically have a ticking clock more worrying than that of any roastie.
>>
My gf used to have dermatillomania. It's part of the reason I was able to pull her. She has little scars but they aren't too bad. I couldn't care less about them.
>>
>>35576252
I would be a-ok with getting with a girl with problem skin like me. Problem is the playing field is still a tougher game on my side.
>>
>>35574934
>Anyone else suffer with horrific acne scars
Yup.
I had cystic acne in my teens which fucked up my face and left it covered in scars.
There's no hope
>>
>>35574934
I have moderate acne scars on my back. Not anything near like OP picture though. The acne on my body tends to move from place to place as i get older. In junior high it was all back and face. In High school it was mostly just back. Now it's barely back and face at all and just chest. Feelsbadman.
>>
File: Happy_Pepe.jpg (25KB, 480x424px) Image search: [Google]
Happy_Pepe.jpg
25KB, 480x424px
>tfw accutane cleared up my shitty face
also someone post some pics of their acne
>>
>>35576196
dude, I had the same problem, had to do accutane too. How fucking bad were those dry lips?

These days my scares have faded (it was ~6 years ago that I did accutane) but I still have pitting in my cheeks and forehead unfortunately... that'll never go away.
>>
>23
>almost 24
>still have horrible acne on my back and minor acne on my face
God fucking damnit, they said this would end after high school, but the face acne is the same and the back acne is just getting worse.
>>
>>35576939
>How fucking bad were those dry lips?
Awful. I got called cum lips etc since they were white from being so chapped. No chapstick could help it. I have thick lips anyways so it was really noticeable. I told people it was the medicine I am taking but they didn't care.
>>
>>35574934
>tfw can't go on accutane because I have a liver problem
>>
>>35576939
I'm >>35576888
I never had the cystic shit or stuff that leaves scars, but it was all over my cheeks.
feels good that it's gone, and I'm sure you look fine.
>>
>>35576970
>I told people it was the medicine I am taking but they didn't care.
Normies are so cruel about appearance. Any explanation beyond being a burn victim or something is seen as insufficient
>>
>>35576970
That's fucked up... how old were you when you were taking it? I was older, 20/21, so nobody said anything, but god, no chapstick helped. I drank water all the fucking time and my skin was always so dry.

>>35576980
Thanks anon. For the most part I do, but when I smile it kinda crinkles, and in unflattering lighting, my skin looks pretty pock-marked. All in all, it could be way worse so I try not to focus on it. You were lucky! I had really bad cystic shit.
>>
>>35577059
I would never say I was lucky for what I had. It honestly covered every part of my cheeks.
I'll always be jealous of the people who never had to deal with acne.
>>
>>35577153
I'll always be jealous of them too.

And, you may not be lucky in general, but compared to cystic acne... I had ugly, reddish-purple swellings on my face, and on my chest, and on my back. I remember going on vacation with my family once and this ugly squishy cyst popped up during the plane flight... I was wearing a white shirt. When I had to put my backpack back on after the flight landed, the movement made it burst open and I got bloody puss soaking all through my shirt.

Fucking christ. Why did I have to deal with that shit.
>>
File: ohman.jpg (55KB, 500x473px) Image search: [Google]
ohman.jpg
55KB, 500x473px
>>35577210
Oh my God, anon. I'm so sorry. That's honestly disgusting. When will there be a sure for acne? Goddamn.
>>
>>35577267
Some of this has to be a result of the hormones in foods, plastics, etc. Too bad I am too lazy to eat organic, avoid certain fabrics, etc.
>>
>>35574934
they're all over my back. i think i'd literally die of humilation if someone ever saw how scarred it was.

i want to die
>>
>start having those big acne that feels that are skin deep and when they pop they ooze brown pus for 5 minutes and leave a dark mark in your face
Should I use accutane?
I am 19,I thought acne would stop and not get worse
>>
>>35577969
That's cystic acne. That's the worst kind, and yes, you probably should use Accutane. It's brutal as hell and you're going to hate it, but my skin has been so clear and healthy for years since using it.

The ideal situation would be not HAVING acne in the first place, but if you have those pussy ones, Accutane is the best solution.
>>
>>35578019
Does shaving help?
>>
>>35574934
>Anon, don't worry about acne, it's just a teenage thing, it will go away eventually :)
>Leaves horrible scars
>>
File: 1489632367770.jpg (67KB, 559x558px) Image search: [Google]
1489632367770.jpg
67KB, 559x558px
>Went to dermatologist
>"Oh, anon, your acne is a bit bad, but use this prescription anti bacterial and this shower face wash and in 2 months you'll be clear. The scars will take time, once we're done with the acne we'll tackle the scars."
>Been doing it since I got it a couple months ago
>Nearly clear
You faggots are too dumb to think there's "no cure"
>>
>>35578245
>dermatologist waiting list is about a half year
>>
>>35578137
For some people, shaving triggers breakouts and causes a ton of new pimples to form.
>>
>>35576888
You all are lucky. I was on accutane for 3 years. Not all in one run obviously. But had to take it again after some months of finishing one cicle because i had issues again and do a full 1 year cicle again.
>>
>>35578394
This. Not shaving really helps. I used to shaved twice a week and one day i stopped doing it and breakouts were diminished
>>
File: IMG_2865.jpg (22KB, 729x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2865.jpg
22KB, 729x500px
I can't be the only one to see this in the scars
>>
>>35578463
When you have acne everywhere you can connect the dots to make whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>35576942
get accutane.
>>
File: 20170316_193453.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170316_193453.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>35576970
This bad boy is the only one that truly helps. All others make it worst. I tested so many.
>>
>>35576252
I wish i could find someone that wont care about my scars and still like me. Those are of my biggest insecurities
>>
>>35578354
Nigger where do you live? Took me like 3 days
>>
>>35578746
Some shitty port town.
>>
>>35578245
>went to dermatologist
>"Oh anon, your acne is pretty bad. Here, use this antibacterial prescription, and this foaming face wash. This should clear you up."
>diligently use both daily as directed
>acne stays bad
>go back to dermatologist
>"Hmm, let's try upping the strength of the tetracycline"
>months later, no results.
>go back to dermatologist
>"OK, let's try adding tretinoin to the mix. Rub this onto your acne."
>do that
>no results
>move, find a new dermatologist
>explain everything I've tried for going on two years now
>"Well, we can try you on Accutane, but it's usually a last resort..."
>Accutane fixes it

You fucking dumbshit, it's almost like everyone's bodies react different to different medications. I'm happy tetracycline and benzoyl peroxide worked for you, but we're not idiots and didn't try those options. That shit didn't work for me at all.
>>
>>35578514
The holly grail of chapsticks. I swear and pray for it, because it saved me from a pretty disgusting winter back on 2015.
>>
File: 1487359365044.png (573KB, 710x842px) Image search: [Google]
1487359365044.png
573KB, 710x842px
>>35574934
I've got something like you in my back,but all over it,and they aren't red, they're pink, in my chest is only in the middle.
>>35575868
>tfw I finished treatment but still have some acne.
>>35577210
happened that shit to me as well in a plane, 3 fucking inches of blood in my back
>>
My back looks ridiculous still and my biceps buy my face is fine now. Perhaps i should wash my sheets more.

Scrub ur face and back with water cuz soap only makes it worse. Its fucked up but true. I stopped using soap on my face and it is a lot better. My nose is still completely full of blackheads tho.
>>
File: 1476125517612.png (2MB, 754x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1476125517612.png
2MB, 754x1004px
I have several scars on my chest and arms, from self harm. Not the light, clustered scrapes like in pic related. Mine were much deeper and spaced out because I wasn't an attention hungry spastic.

I was self Concious for a while, but eventually they faded due to my adept medical skills.
>>
>>35576970
Fuck man, I'm sorry. I pretty much spent my entire time on Accutane constantly putting on Carmex, and being worried that someone would say something about how glossy my lips were.
>>
>>35579379
Not to trigger any tourists but I get a bit pissed thinking about how that bitch in your pic probably has no issue getting laid
>>
I think I have pustule acne. Compared to some of the awful pictures I've seen online it's better but it's still utterly defeated my self consciousness I've noticed when I jerk off it gets a bit worse so I have to stave that off for as long as I can

>tfw dilligently ate cereal with milk almost every morning
>tfw used to eat even larger portions of cereal with milk for dinner sometimes
>>
>>35578947
Do you think that stuff with help on me? Im in the same boat they pile smack in the middle of my chest.
>>
I've been getting weird painful redness under my armpits, bros. It's been a week or 2 and it is still there. I think if I stopped being an inactive fatness that maybe my shit will stop falling apart. I said I would stop binge eating MONTHS ago but maybe now I will finally put my foot down.
>>
>>35580014
is it cystic?
>>
>>35576939
Acutane isnf wirth your liver
>>
>>35580239
It's a gamble for sure. But when I was taking accutane, I had to do monthly blood tests to make sure my liver was still functioning, and you're not allowed to drink alcohol for that reason. The doctor OK'd the occasional one drink, but any more than that would be too hard on your liver.
>>
>>35580144
Im not sure perhaps. Its a mixture of blackheads, the really sensitive acne that pops with any irritation and these lumps that just kind of hurt. Im planning on seeing a dermatologist later this month.
>>
>>35580239
Well neither is alcohol and i would 100 give up alcohol if i can get rid of all my acne
>>
>>35580239
I took accutane when I was a teen. It was a high dosage too since I was an extreme case. As an adult I get wasted every weekend. So far so good. Too bad I have red-pink-purple knot scarring all over my torso.
>>
>>35580315
Definitely see a dermatologist. Let them try some other stuff first. Accutane is a "last measure" kind of drug. You don't want to take it if you don't have to.
>>
>>35575163
>>35574934
not true I have lots of scars from being a dipshit growing up and love them

I have a friends with acne scars and its frightening

how does that even happen is it from excess popping or are you just fucked by puberty and shitty genes
>>
>>35581187
A mixture of all those. When I get a pimple on my face it goes away. Whe I get one on my body it leaves a bump forever. I am not joking. It's a mind killer when you see a new one. Knowing it adds up and eventually knocks you from one level of gross to the higher level.
>>
File: 1442253010450.png (88KB, 804x960px) Image search: [Google]
1442253010450.png
88KB, 804x960px
>>35575704
>my dad forcing me out into the sun when the medication clearly said avoid the sun
Erylik? Also then my face will be red for the rest of my life? JUST
>>
>>35581284
sorry anon we all played the gene roulette and some of us stuck out hard

Im doin okay for most traits but I have tourettes so I lost that game too
>>
File: 1488035918865.jpg (65KB, 642x481px) Image search: [Google]
1488035918865.jpg
65KB, 642x481px
I look like your pic but worse. I bet if I got a god Spartan body and went to a water park people would still stare or laugh etc at me. I know that they're just bumpy marks of flesh. Shouldn't be a big deal. You could lick my scars all over and you wouldn't be able to taste a difference. You wouldn't get some disease. But that's how people view this shit with their monkey brains. I'd say acne scars are a mark of adversity. Too bad no one else does. You can't be proud of having bad acne in your teens.
>>
File: vPGwWzY.jpg (21KB, 400x361px) Image search: [Google]
vPGwWzY.jpg
21KB, 400x361px
>>35581618
That's scary. Are you the kind that would make a quirky character or are you the kind that people really don't want to deal with?
>>
>>35574934

Finally, something I can relate to. I have terrible acne scarring all over my body. I've had incredibly painful acne my whole life that has never been cured. I've seen multiple dermatologists and even tried laser surgery. I've been on a combination of antibiotics, anti-inflammatory pain killers, acutane, and some steroid that's supposed to reduce swelling. At the same time, I was getting regular injections in problem areas with the same steroid. Shit made my life miserable and I wouldn't recommend going to a doctor for this kind of thing. Just learn to live with the scars. The laser surgery is incredibly painful and doesn't work. It didn't work for me at least.

Anyway, I've found that the best way to deal with this problem is to be open about it with the people you know. Let them know about it and if they judge/avoid you, you know they weren't a true friend to begin with. In my mind, its a blessing and a curse because you can weed out fake people but you have to live in constant pain. Let me know if you need some more advice bro
>>
>>35581968
No the usual idea of TS is angry twichy people which is kinda right but were angry because were always twitchy

growing up sucked because I was that one kid from who made weird arm movements every 10 seconds and made loud noises (I couldnt help it) so I would get singled out at school by teachers, kids, sometimes my parents would punish me for it not knowing I had TS and thinking I was a dumbass kid so I spent most of my time alone sad and indoors. Kids are BRUTAL and having a bus driver screaming at you and putting the bus on silence while you're the only person making awful noises every 5 seconds really sucked. I think thats what caused me to be cynical and extremely antisocial as a person.

Between a childhood of in and out of therapy, lots of weed smoking in high school, and on and years of medication im 21 now and you wouldnt be able to tell but sometimes I blink 2 or 3 times or flare my nostrils repeatedly and it drives me insane

I only type like a retard because its 4chan not because im some twitchy shit of a person

thanks for taking some interest in me anon
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.