[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say you hypothetically had an unlimited supply of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

Let's say you hypothetically had an unlimited supply of opiates. Would there be any adverse effects if you used them every day in a controlled manner? As the tolerance goes up, so does the lethal dose, so it shouldn't be dangerous, right? Just curious, not going to abuse opiates.
>>
extreme constipation and damage to the colon is possible
>>
>>35570343
>As the tolerance goes up, so does the lethal dose,
Not a linear function
>>
It deadens your nervous system.

Have you ever been high on them? They completely impair your cognitive functioning.

The longer the abuse the more pronounced these effects will be. Your brain can recover once you stop but while using it will only get worse.

People usually start to feel phantom or psychologically induced pain with long term opiates as well.
>>
>>35570343
Im also from Calgary. You should give me some of these hypothetical opiates and also let me fuck you
>>
>>35570670
I just got a random image from google, don't live anywhere near Canada.
>>
>>35570343
>As the tolerance goes up, so does the lethal dose

That is entirely untrue. How do you think people overdose? If the tolerance went up with the LD, no one would ever overdose.
>>
Nothing in your life will compare to the pleasure of opiates. It will drain the colour from your entire existence and then you will get hopelessly addicted to them like 99.99% of all humans who have ever done opiates for more than a week. There is no such thing as daily controlled doses.
>>
File: 00096what.png (309KB, 703x703px) Image search: [Google]
00096what.png
309KB, 703x703px
>controlled manner
Don't try opiates OP.
>>
File: 1486640616462.jpg (9KB, 200x267px) Image search: [Google]
1486640616462.jpg
9KB, 200x267px
>>35570445
You dont even know how tolerance works do you?
It is a linear function
>>
>>35571329
Not true
>>35571228
Fucking retarded
>>
>>35571329
I know I'd get addicted. But is it a problem as long as I don't quit?
>>
>>35571858
Are you a billionaire? No? Then you'll run out of cash for heroin in a year or two, if not a few months.
>>
>>35570343

not every day. That's 100% guaranteed to make you an addict.

You could feasibly use them in a way that benefits you though. Maybe you get high once every couple months.
>>
>Would there be any adverse effects if you used them every day in a controlled manner?
Yes you tard
>>
Your testosterone will go down
>>
>>35570343

as someone who used opiates every day for nearly a decade (clean now for 2.5 years) there aren't any really serious lasting health effects.

the majority of opiate addicts that have health problems get them from the lifestyle or from using the drug intravenously.

the main issues that result from opioid use (non-intravenous) are constipation and stress on the liver. your liver enzymes will probably increase but the liver is very resilient and it's not a life or death thing.

constipation can be managed if you make sure to get lots of fiber and use laxatives/stool softeners if you absolutely have to.

if your taking opiates that are mixed with APAP (acetaminophen) you need to do a cold water extraction though if you're going to be taking a lot of them. high doses of APAP can damage the liver.

>>35570482

this isn't necessarily true. i was a heroin addict and i functioned at a full time job for most of my addiction. only if you're using a huge amount or have a low tolerance does it have a pronounced effect on your cognitive functioning. it mostly just causes euphoria and drowsiness.
>>
>>35572716
it dulls your dopmaine receptors
>>
>>35572716
Lol. A job is exactly what the word implies. Rote behavior. Of course you can manage to exhibit the required behaviors while addicted. Alcoholics do this constantly.

But you're lying to yourself due to a myriad of causes if you don't see how, (and this is a really basic observation, requires minimal self-examination), euphoria and drowsiness are negatives on creativity and intelligence.

First of all. Euphoria. Great feeling. I know that. But what artist or intellectual do you know of has ever thrived on euphoria? None. Innovation comes from dysphoria. Euphoria is nothing but an illusion that prevents creative thought because a feeling that all is good is not conducive to improving the human condition.

Second drowsiness. Your nervous system is essentially trying to enter sleep mode. People don't have creative thoughts when they enter sleep cycle, they have delirious ones.

Consider the mental gymnastics you're performing to believe that a tolerance will prevent the loss in brain functionality when it's a) doing that to people with a low tolerance and b) continuing to do that to people with a higher tolerance with less euphoria. Tolerance doesn't increase your functionality, lmao, it decreases your perceived enjoyment and only that.

I have nothing against regular drug use but pretending it doesn't impair you is like getting thirsty and believing water isn't the solution.
>>
>>35571964
Fentanyl analogs are much cheaper, maybe $15 for a gram and you get high off 0.5mg.
>>
id give anything to have a steady supply of oxy again

granted i was addicted for about a year, but still i want to get addicted again, weed just doesnt cut it anymore
>>
File: tobacco.jpg (76KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tobacco.jpg
76KB, 480x360px
reduced tolerance to pain, brain damage to dopamine levels
>>
File: 1436772091450.gif (193KB, 187x314px) Image search: [Google]
1436772091450.gif
193KB, 187x314px
OP, never start. You think that you wont get addicted, but you will. I started off snorting opiates for fun here and there for the warm and fuzzy feeling it gives you. I never thought I would go through withdrawls or do it all the time.

Now i'm snorting 2mgs of straight buprenorphine every hour. Bupe isnt the most powerful opiate, but its 50x stronger than morphine and is used to ween addicts off of opioids. When I f irst tried it, I ingested 4mgs and threw my guts up for an hour, and slept for 25 hours straight. Withdrawls are also horrendous. Killer headaches, fever, pneumonia, mood swings. The mood swings are the worst, I can get furious over the smallest thing, it can be anything and I will full blown rage. I already have anger problems and it only makes it worse. You break out in random crying fits sometimes, it destroys your emotions. Not to mention the killer constipation, its even worse if you're taking other substances to potentiate your opiate high.

Never start, please.
>>
>>35574611
See my post regarding this matter
>>35571858
>>
File: 1436598382577.jpg (59KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1436598382577.jpg
59KB, 900x900px
>>35574753
i mean, like I said, you're going to get intense constipation, pupil constriction, whenever you are not high life will not seem the same anymore. increased appetite, sometimes appetite loss. stomach pains, pneumonia depending on your form of consuming opiates, headaches. many other symptoms that I am too lazy to list. its a bad idea, dont do it.
>>
>>35574753
you will have mood swings
>>
Not every day, take a day or two where you drink and smoke and not do opiates. You will appreciate it more. Used to do that with oxys and I didn't get hooked long term
>>
>>35570343
It becomes a problem if you continue to take more and more, and if you can't get any.
If you take the same dose every day, that's fine. That's basically a prescription. You'll be addicted, but you'd never notice unless you can't get any.
>>
File: 1483678969076.jpg (106KB, 1160x451px) Image search: [Google]
1483678969076.jpg
106KB, 1160x451px
>>35570343
you are retarded and should take some biology/chemistry/anatomy/physiology courses
>>
>>35570343
I think that's the fallacy everyone tells them self. I can control this, I am in control it's in a controlled manner. And maybe it is controlled, methodically so, but over time you become a slave to it
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.