[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Around this vast timeframe, quantum tunnelling in any isolated

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0022.jpg (36KB, 274x237px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0022.jpg
36KB, 274x237px
>Around this vast timeframe, quantum tunnelling in any isolated patch of the vacuum could generate, via inflation, new Big Bangs giving birth to new universes.
>Because the total number of ways in which all the subatomic particles in the observable universe can be combined is [number], a number which, when multiplied by [other number], disappears into the rounding error, this is also the time required for a quantum-tunnelled and quantum fluctuation-generated Big Bang to produce a new universe identical to our own
>to produce a new universe identical to our own
>identical to our own

This has been haunting me for a while, I posted about it but just now realized...
IT HAS PROBABLY HAPPENED BEFORE
IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN
WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A NEVER ENDING CHAIN OF UNIVERSES

If the universe itself dies and gets reborn, who says that we don't? I thought I would find peace when I die but now I don't know anymore MAKE IT STOP. I DON'T WANT TO EXIST AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.
>>
File: rockbottom.jpg (338KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
rockbottom.jpg
338KB, 1280x960px
it's probably just oblivion and even if the same configuration was inevitable for some reason, we don't really know "why consciousness"
I wouldn't lose sleep over it
>>
>>35570012
You, as a collection of energy travelling between the neurons of your brain, will never exist again. Even if someone completely identical to you was born to the exact same world and lived your exact life, you will not experience that.
Your consciousness dies with your brain, it can't be restarted like a story.
>>
>>35570088

I believed that. But what If some kind of "souls" do exist and it just recycles that like it does for literally everything else? Like there's so much shit we don't know.

I need to go have a wank now and calm down and never read that fucking article again.
>>
>>35570012
you die and then literally wake up as a baby.

your consciousness is the universe's entire existence, all of its substance relies purely on the grounds that it is being observed by you. all time occurring after death passes by instantaneously because there is no awareness of it. eternal return and the absolute probability that there is an infinite-set recurrence of universes, ultimately one will be identical, and you would have to be born. so you wake up, no time has passed, the world is the same, but you have no awareness of it.

FUCK MY SHIT UP. why do i keep sitting in bed knowing i'm doomed to do this forever and i could do literally anything. anythingggggg.
>>
>>35570762

Because you're not sure.
You're scared as I am now because nobody knows for sure.
We just don't know.

I hope (and until today was sure) what the anon above says is true and there is nothing else, it's just this and when it's over, it's over.

But I keep seeing a pattern here. Everything repeats in this world. Infinitely. So why not us? Why not our consiousnesses?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.