[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have any hobbies that wouldn't fall under the male

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 43

File: 1488788582187.jpg (2MB, 1680x1344px) Image search: [Google]
1488788582187.jpg
2MB, 1680x1344px
Do you have any hobbies that wouldn't fall under the male version of basic bitch hobbies? A male basic bitch hobby is something you either do it for attention or because you just follow the crowd to find a hobby. Tell me about your hobbies that not every lame ass normie does.

Male basic bitch hobbies
>videogames
>anime/manga
>cartoons/comics
>lifting weights
>any form of martial arts
>cooking
>being a 'foodie'
>being a beer connoisseur
>cars or motorcycles
>>
>>35560511
B.b.but Judo is a sport...

Miniature wargaming? Pretty sure that's not for attention, considering it's mostly 40+ year old men pretending to be either Guderin or Zhukov. Does seem kind of normie.

Is /out/ normie?
>>
>>35560511
I should have started in the OP.

>yoyo
>fingerboarding
>>
>>35560511
Sure. Why not?

I've been playing piano since I was five years old. I study math occasionally and lately I've been trying to learn French. My favorite hobby is composing music. I write music via music notation (I learned extensively about music notation growing up with the piano and I became well versed in it in college). I am currently writing a four movement piano Sonata as well as other piano pieces.

Walking is another hobby of mine too. But I guess that is basic.
>>
>>35560511
I write poetry and short stories, does that count for something?
>>
File: bonoto.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bonoto.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>35560566
Depends on what you mean by /out/. You might be normie if you go walking on a gravel path under some trees and call it hiking.
>>
>>35560566
Miniture wargaming is definitely normie
There are lots of people who play miniature gaming
/out/ is definitely normie
There are lots of hardcore outdoorsy people out there
>>
>>35560511
>don't play videogames
>don't watch anime, cartoons, comics since I'm not an autistic fuckboi
>haven't lifted weights since last year since I'm depressed asf
>martial arts don't work in real life
>>>'foodies'
>>gross
>>>beer connoisseur
>>what?
>>cars or motorcycles
What's basic about these honestly?

>music production
>art
>browsing male facial reconstruction boards
What else is there?
>>
>>35560597
You sound like you might be too smart to be here.

>Walking is another hobby of mine too. But I guess that is basic.

Believe it or not most normies probably only walk to get somewhere nearby. Walking to enjoy outdoors and relax is nice. If you walk more than 2-3 miles just to walk then you're not being basic about it.
>>
>>35560511
>videogames
>anime/manga
>cartoons/comics
>cooking

>A male basic bitch hobby is something you either do it for attention or because you just follow the crowd to find a hobby.

What? I do these hobbies for my own antisocial entertainment. Also cooking because I'm poor, but want decent tasting food. My basic bitch hobby would be more like guitar. I'll admit weight lifting and martial arts are basic bitch hobbies of mine though.

Beyond that my favorite hobby is tabletop. The finest form of escapism I've found.
>>
>>35560606
Your personality needs some sort of depth to have interesting poetry and stories to write. Not normie at all. Unless it's just blogging inane shit about your daily life.
>>
>>35560511
You forgot
>guitar
>>
>>35560781
I wanted to include that but it's dependent on a lot of factors.
>>
>>35560651
I usually monitor my walks via a device called a Fitbit. I get 10,000 + steps a day as my goal. It's helped me lose some weight. I'm trying to lose a great deal of weight.

That's kind of you to say I am "too smart for this board" but I am also a loner and I have self esteem problems and maybe undiagnosed depression/autism or something else. I don't know.

I've been trying to understand how one can just learn to shut off their mind and not overthink things. Some people have tried to tell me that what's holding me back as a man is my lack of confidence. But, I do not know how to become completely immune to my own insecurities. These are thoughts we're talking about. How do you shut them up if they're not helping you?
>>
>>35560810
Yeah but I'm sure a lot of girls really legitimately like pumpkin spiced lattes too.
>>
>>35560511
Mine would be technology and homeservering.

I like setting up my own servers for various things, and automate as much as I can.

For example, I have a dedicated torrent server (rtorrent + rutorrent) that automatically fetches new releases of currently airing anime I watch as soon as they get released, storing them on my ZFS based fileserver. Then my Plex server finds the files on the fileserver and automatically updates its library allowing me to watch it on either my computer, phone, living room TV or bedroom TV. It's not a complicated setup, but it's a lot of fun to set up and manage.

Right now I have 3 physical servers doing various things, one of them being a virtual host that has 4 virtual servers running.
>>
>>35560511
Model kits
>>
>>35560847
Maybe you're too smart to ignore problems in life. I always like to think that if I was dumber I could be more normie and enjoy life to the fullest. Normie hobbies are actually pretty good for fighting depression but sometimes I want to enjoy more loner hobbies like riding my bike 20 miles out into the woods or something.
>>
>>35560511
Do you count archery as a martial art?
>>
Is reading a normie hobby
>>
>>35560511
>>cooking
wew bro what kind of autism are you lol
most autistic list i've ever seen
>>
>>35560881
This sounds like something I've been wanting to do just to level up my career a little. I'm a sysadmin but I try to leave work at work. I have tons of old computers and parts laying around that I want to do something though. Been trying to mess around with automation and Linux more because my job is an all Microsoft environment. I can come up with shit tons of ideas of automating people out of their jobs at work but at home nothing comes to mind at all unless I wanted to automate my 4chan shitposting.
>>
File: tumblr_mjjfgx7mIF1qz7afco1_1280.jpg (187KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjjfgx7mIF1qz7afco1_1280.jpg
187KB, 1280x853px
Road Cycling. :) Most based sport.

Oreganoman!
>>
>>35560997
>unless I wanted to automate my 4chan shitposting

Look no longer, friend.

https://github.com/eon8ight/funpost-learner

I use most of my servers to de-centralize rather than fully automate. Torrenting and backup is the only things I have automated. The rest are mostly decentralized services like game servers, webservers, Hentai@Home, file storage.
>>
File: 1405635341317.jpg (211KB, 916x500px) Image search: [Google]
1405635341317.jpg
211KB, 916x500px
>>35560998
My niggity.

Been trying to get my base miles in this winter. Maybe like 20 mile rides on some weekdays and 40-60 mile rides on weekends. I like mountain biking better but haven't been able to with the rain in my area and the trails not holding up well under rain.

>cyclocross bike that I use for general road riding and urban exploration
>fixie for shorter rides
>160mm full suspension trail bike set up more 'enduro' for some gnar downhills
>>
Cooking
Hiking
Learning languages
Watching movies
Travelling
>>
>>35561215
How is travelling a hobby? I too enjoy throwing money in fires, is that a hobby now?
>>
>>35561237
He's specifically listing basic normie shit you idiot
>>
>>35560511
I think playing guitar is the equivalent of that. It's literally just to get laid
>>
>>35560511
>guns
>worshipping memes
>gardening
>collecting pictures of license plates that start with the letters GZV (WHY ARE THERE SO MANY WHAT DOES IT FUCKING MEAN??)
>collecting pictures of political bumper stickers
>>
>>35560511
modern dance. I guess it's a basic bitch hobby, but I'm a guy so it doesn't count, right?
>>
>>35561701
Your only cool hobbies are guns and gardening. Why do you like gardening? Do you have a cool looking garden or do you do it for food?
>>
File: squat.png (362KB, 679x680px) Image search: [Google]
squat.png
362KB, 679x680px
One of the few times it would be cool to blog about yourself and most of you are just listing your hobbies but not even talking about them.
>>
>>35560511
I like to read, non-fiction particularly. I'm really into history and continental philosophy
>>
>>35560597
Is it easy to tune your own piano I've found an old one at my grandmother's and it sounds horrible. And is it easy to get a tutor?
>>
I like doing this shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4wKWsCFAfU

Its intense and gives me motivation to make money and stay in shape
But girls think non-basic bitch male hobbies are weird or boring so whats your point?
>>
File: bunifus.jpg (646KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
bunifus.jpg
646KB, 2048x1536px
>>35561726
Food, My garden sucks though because animals love just fucking my shit up, Didn't plant anything this year because I've been too depressed. Everything's fallen apart here since I got a job.
Pic related is my long deceased bunifus under my fig tree with some cannas behind the fence, The dog that took him from me learned that the .45 stopping power meme is real.
>>
>>35561787
I only go to basic indoor ranges is it good to join a gun club and go outdoors
>>
>>35561787
ngl this video was fascinating
>>
i like to hike

i also keep a dream journal which will serve as my manifesto when the day comes
>>
>>35560511
I
>Play the tenor ukulele in FA#DG(idk if others use that tuning it makes my ukes sound like medieval lures)
>Collect coins from the British empire
>Practice firearm marksmanship(I enjoy trying to shoot far away things with rounds not designed to shoot far)
>Practice slingshot marksmanship

I'd recommend everything but coin collecting, it's addictive and expensive as fuck.
>>
File: Laika.png (18KB, 508x558px) Image search: [Google]
Laika.png
18KB, 508x558px
>>35560690
Not him, but do you like poetry?
>>
>>35560511
>this threads proves I am the coolest because I posted it!
>makes list with own hobbies off of it.
??????
>>
>>35560511
Lifting and cooking are patrician, sorry you're a pencil neck nerd who eats ramen.
>>
File: 1486642257266.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1486642257266.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
i play underwater rugby
>>
>>35560511
>do it for attention
>video games
What? I play video games because I enjoy them. Nobody but my mom, because I live with her, knows that I play,
>>
Why is cooking a basic bitch hobby? Hardly any young adults have any interest in cooking beyond what is necessary to survive. I feel it's a top tier hobby.

Also I was going to argue against motorcycles being one, but I guess the typical way you'd think of a biker could be seen that way. However, it can definitely be a robot hobby, one that is damn enjoyable
>>
File: 1483923427296.jpg (68KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483923427296.jpg
68KB, 600x600px
Just started collecting vinyls and will save up for a good speaker setup desu, also wanna try painting once I get going

Seems super comfy
>>
>>35560874
Kek are you saying playing guitar isn't fun?
>>
>>35560511
a play a video game, ive been playing for 7 years, 1% of players play at my level

from the age of 12 to 23 i rode my bicycle everywhere, id think motorcycles would follow

i like how drugs arent a basic bitch hobby because i do lots of drugs

guess im 2/3 basic bitch
>>
>>35562806
>calls them vinyls
make sure you don't touch them with your hands you fucking normie
>>
File: wewlad.jpg (173KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wewlad.jpg
173KB, 1024x1024px
>>35560511
The Crusher doesn't appreciate you posting pictures of his girl. :|
>>
File: sad-pepe-640x480.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sad-pepe-640x480.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>35560511
I solve problems from the Euler Project for fun.

Also do a lot of normie things like lifting weights and bjj but my autismo prevents me from making any friends.

At least I miraculously landed a gf that likes my autism. I wonder how long until I get cucked.
>>
There's no such thing as a basic bitch hobby. All of those are only 'basic bitch' becauase of normie automatons claiming that they are a videogame fan becauase they play shit like overwatch twice a week for example. Norman subhumans are too shallow to actually have hobbies.
>>
>>35561637
It's not, trust me. I have been playing for almost 12 years and no girl has ever heard me play, I don't go around telling people that I'm a guitarist. I didn't start playing to get laid also because what I play is so difficult that it would be a very inefficient way of getting laid.
>>
I'm really into revolvers, I play a lot of folk music and I collect electric coffee percolators. I don't tell people about my hobbies much.
>>
Is that Sarah from KKB?
>>
>>35560511
>rock climbing
>mountain biking
>archery

How'd I do?
>>
>>35560511
>My hobbies are all of those listed, except the last two
Surely it doesn't get more basic than sports like football though?
>>
>>35560511
>Lifting weights
implying that girls dont like swole and muscular guys.
Fuck off.
>>
File: 1485239004759.jpg (240KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
1485239004759.jpg
240KB, 630x420px
>>35563553
Contrary to popular belief, being a fan of football (a real fan, not just caring about the results) is turbo autistic. Actually understanding the ins and outs of football is the same thing as understanding chess, but with hundreds of outside factors. It's kind of like following an anime season, actually. Lots of characters, story lines, etc.
>>
File: Pepe Confused.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe Confused.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
>>35560511
>includes cartoons
>doesn't include sports or instruments
>>
>>35563585
But the OP has established that anime is a basic bitch hobby. I find that premise silly in itself mbecause presumably what he's suggesting is that they're traditionally masculine, widely accepted and predictable hobbies. There's every reason to expect that a typical normie follows football, but it would be quite a surprise if he was into moeshit. At most he caught a bit of DBZ and Bebop growing up.
>>
File: cover4.gif (19KB, 400x235px) Image search: [Google]
cover4.gif
19KB, 400x235px
>>35563627
There are different ways to be into things. Like I said, most normies who claim to be into football don't actually know anything about the sport. They just care about who wins. They don't know the first thing about pic related or what cover 4 even is.
>>
>>35563687
I'm not American, but I would say that the typical football ('soccer') fan over here does understand formations, line ups and the rest as well as the inter-club politics, hirings and so on.
>>
>>35561771
You can get it tuned by a professional for $90 (although, prices can vary of course. I paid $90 for my $5,000 grand to be tuned). You should get it tuned once a year.
>>
>>35562796
Cooking is a great hobby.

t. Guy with the piano hobby.
>>
I really like radio. I like to listen to the radio. I like dxing. I like owning a transmitter and running a pirate radio station out of my house.

I guess I have mostly normal male hobbies like watching sports and playing video games. But radio makes my autism come out.
>>
>>35563687
That's mostly because soccer tactics are inherently a thousand times easier to understand that football strategy. Not saying that either is better or worse, I enjoy both sports, but by virtue of it being turn-based, football is more complex.
>>
>>35563787
>>35563723
Fuck, responded to myself.
>>
Mine are
>magic tricks
>bonsai
>lateral thinking
>dnd
>growing and smoking weed (alone)
>walking my dog
>making compost
>>
>>35560969
nahhh dude and I dont even count it as a sport. Well depending on what kind you do. Like with a takedown recurve or a compound bow its more of like the hunting/sport style with traditional its more of like "martial art". Although neither really have a good fit
>>
>>35563794
>>bonsai
Truly the most patrician of hobbies
>>
File: supercell.jpg (301KB, 3000x1996px) Image search: [Google]
supercell.jpg
301KB, 3000x1996px
>botany
started out with growing weed, then moved to poppy, n. rustica, chili, betel etc
>hiking and fishing
month or another during summer spent wandering around in nature with few of my good friends

By trade I'm a machinist and sometimes I've got own projects, but those are vehicle related.

As a kid I was a pyromaniac and also made and blew up some explosives with the help of older friends. Got a few convictions out of that hobby, but hey, I can make some big bangs out of PETN.
>>
>>35560511
I wouldn't add comics there since comics are anything but popular, especially anything outside the big two
Also cars and motorcycles you can learn how to repair and mod
Also you forgot guns and swords I guess
Anyways the basic bitch hobby is not so much the hobby as the amount of effort they put into it, someone who spent 6 years learning martial arts isn't a basic bitch especially if they do it for exercise
>>
>>35560606
If you don't post them on Facebook then you are not a basic bitch
>>
>>35560646
Basic bitch detected
>>
>>35560511
> cooking

Most people don't really know how to cook. I can make cardboard delicious. Cooking is not basic bitch. If you suck at making food but you take pictures of it and post it on Twitter then, yeah that's fucking gay. Cooking for me is meditative and therapeutic. I put my heart into everything I make. I've been cooking for my parents every night for a couple of years now. I'm becoming exceedingly efficient at it.
>>
>>35562796
It is if you take pictures of your food and post them on Instagram
>>
>>35563975
>>35563988
What if you take pictures of your food and then post it on /r9k/?
>>
>>35560511
>watch girls every night before i sleep
>buy their pictures
>cheer them on messaging from anonymous accounts
>check out everything they do
>can't keep myself away from their cuteness

I'm an idolfag
>>
File: 12d.jpg (31KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
12d.jpg
31KB, 567x561px
>>35564012
That would probably reveal my mental illness ever further
>>
>>35564012
You are a basic bitch without friends
>>
I'm learning bass and drums at the same time. Both are fun, and practicing keeps me distracted from my crushing loneliness
>>
>>35564044
B-but I thought you were my friend senpai ;_;
>>
>>35560511
There's no such thing as male "basic bitch" hobbies because most men don't pick their hobbies like that, and have actual personalities and preferences.
>>
>>35560511
Anime is not a basic hobby.
>>
>>35560511
>>videogames
>>anime/manga
I do them not for attention but for entertainment. A good game and complex manga are good shit, I watch anime every now and then so it's barely even a hobby.
>>cartoons/comics
Nope
>>lifting weights
I do some workout but only because I'm tired of being a fatass.
>>any form of martial arts
Kek
>>cooking
Even moreso kek
>>being a 'foodie'
No idea
>>being a beer connoisseur
>>cars or motorcycles
I wouldn't visit r9k if I was that normalfaggy

I like shitposting, browsing memes, analyzing contemporary society's values and adjusting mine sometimes against or in their favor, intricate stuff that might be cool to show off but personally do to bide my time while maintaining focus. I read books, sing, program, love table tennis and badminton. I browse through heaps of shit on internet and that's significantly more thought provoking and amazing than some visit to the gallary normies usually do.
>>
>>35560511
>Vidya
>Motorcycle
>Drawing
>0 tattoos, but draw a lot of stuff I'd want
I can accept being a basic bitch.

What else is really that interesting that doesn't look completely autistic?
>>
>>35560511
I go to Rubik's cube competition.
Definitely not normie.
>>
File: 1488405515026.gif (2MB, 1200x672px) Image search: [Google]
1488405515026.gif
2MB, 1200x672px
I must be basic as fuck since I enjoy all those things. I don't practice martial arts but I do enjoy boxing and mma.
>>
>>35563085
His mushroom cock
Lel
>>
File: IMG_3595.jpg (28KB, 185x231px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3595.jpg
28KB, 185x231px
>>35560511

>videogames
Agreed, that's basic bitch as almost every guy does it.

>anime/manga
That's generally seen as more of a loser hobby, so doesn't really fit the basic bitch "make yourself look interesting" scheme

>cartoons/comics
Comics are definitely basic bitch, tons of hipster use those to make themselves look interesting in a youthful / hip way

>lifting weights
Basic maintenance, basic bitch if done as the only type of exercise you do but without doing powerlifting or having some competitive aspect to it

Agreed

>cooking
Somewhat agreed. You should be able to cook though

>being a 'foodie'
Classic basic bitch

Yep

>cars or motorcycles
Depends on how serious you are. Slightly modding your car or owning a motor-/ dirtbike is basic bitch. Having a nice car, working on it yourself, engine swapping etc. starts to be more of an actual hobby, though has some basic bitch vibes due to all the casuals

Also I would disagree on your definition of basic bitch, the best definition I've heard is: "enjoying the finer things in life - at a discount"

So things which are fairly mainstream and accessible, but are supposed to be used to make you look interesting or give you the appearance of having a personality

E.g. Playing football because everyone else is isn't basic bitch, but taking all-in-one vacations, taking surfing lessons there and then plastering the pictures all over social media is basic bitch

Here's some basic bitch hobbies I would add:

>mountain biking / downhill
>climbing
>"hiking" (the classic)
>any type of art that is done at an amateur level and used to make yourself look cultured
>vegan / gluten free / special snowflake diets
>maintaining an overly well - groomed beard whilst not looking masculine

There's many more I am sure, but I'm not American so I don't really know all of the basic bitch culture over there (where presumably it's most prevalent)
>>
>>35564390
Shut another cuber, nice. I'm only a solver, not a speed cuber. I have the dexterity of a fucking rusty broken down machine, so I'll never be a speed solver.

What's your favorite cube? I really like bigger cubes such as 7x7
>>
If canping hiking hunting and fishing/ice fishing count. Other than that, I guess looking at random things (like things from my body) under a microscope is not basic. I also like reading non-fiction, history and environmental science and zoology.
>>
ITT: if you do anything, it's "basic bitch", if it's not basic, it's fedora
>>
Magic the gathering
Occassional crafting work like knitting or sewing
Drawing and digital painting
Niche movies
Animation
Filming and photography
>>
>>35564561
>MtG
HA what a faggot
>>
>>35560511
My non- "male basic bitch" hobbies:
>hiking
>photography (taking photos, not snapshot dumping on social)
>watching movies

And there are plenty of people who have the hobbies you mentioned and enjoy them in a non attention whoring way.
>>
>>35560511
Shit thread.

Vidya is only a basic bitch hobby if you have 2500 hours clocked on csgo/dota/cod/generic multiplayer game or are an 2deep4u indie game hipster.

Anime is only a bsdic bitch hobby if you barely watch any/only watch popular shows so you can go to cons to attentionwhore and circlejerk with other morons there.
>>
>>35560511
>videogames
I've liked games since I was a little kid so I dunno if that qualifies as basic since I'm not doing it to follow the crowd or look good. Though the last year or so I've lost most interest in games.
>anime/manga
Don't watch much, I have a very high bar set for something before I start watching it so only end up watching things I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy
>cartoons/comics
Cartoons and comics are mostly aimed at children or teenagers so don't watch/read
>lifting weights
Fuck that shit. Weight-lifting's just for vanity's sake.
Don't see the point
>cooking
I cook if I have the energy but only very rudimentary stuff. I pretty much just throw together something that has enough calories to keep me going.
>being a 'foodie'
That's for fags and women
Again, for fags and women
>cars or motorcycles
Not really interested. Owned a motorbike for a while because it was a lot cheaper than a car in every way but hated the maintenance so didn't buy another one after I crashed it.
>>
>>35560511
Drums and juggling. Haven't juggled in a while, need to buy some more tennis balls
>>
>>35564702
Also research, although that will hopefully be more of a profession than a hobby
>>
File: 3x3x7.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
3x3x7.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
>>35564468
Everyone can be a speed solver, but it takes time and practice.

Due to college I don't practice much now, but I still go to competitions (and I'm also helping the organization of competitions in my city)

I would say that square-1 is probably my favourite with 4x4x4.
I also really like NxMxO cuboids, especially 3x3x5 and 3x3x7
>>
>>35564674
Weight lifting really isn't just for vanity's sake. Improving your overall fitness has a knock-on effect that mustn't be understimated. Higher energy, greater physical capabilities (it's nice not to be out of breath running for the bus) and greater mental sharpness. Not only that, it also makes you more motivated and confident. Add that to seeing improvements in the way others treat you, and vanity is not particularly high on the list.
>>
>>35564741
Haven't tried any cuboids yet, but want to look into some of them. Actually, another cube I like a lot are ghost cubes. Only problem is the mefferts one is shit, and it's hard to find higher order ones
>>
>>35564807
>running for the bus
We drive cars here in America, son
>>
>>35560781
There's a difference between playing 4 chords and actually being good and playing as a real hobby or passion though
>>
>>35564807
If getting fit and healthy is the main objective, why not focus primarily on cardio instead, which has greater health benefits overall?

>inb4 you can do both
I've lost track of how many times I've heard people who mostly lift weights talk about how much they hate cardio, and how often I've seen them get out of breath just walking up a small hill.
>>
File: frog hat.png (59KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
frog hat.png
59KB, 658x662px
>get really into skateboarding a month ago
>fell a bunch, learned the basics and some tricks
>it turns 20 degrees F with 10mph wind and rainy everyday for the next two weeks
>havent skated since
>mfw

This is a fun hobby I wish I got into it back in 2006 like everyone else
>>
>>35564834
Well sure, but can you honestly say there's no situation where a basic level of fitness might not be useful day to day?

>>35564849
I used to pure lift and do fuck all cardio. As it is, I now do about half an hour cardio every time I'm down the gym. It is a big change and feels like shit at first compared to lifting, but once you get into it running is a lot of fun. Put the headphones in and away you go. I'm still not amazing at it - 5k in half an hour - but you can, and should, do both.
>>
I EAT AND BREATH VOLATILITY AND VOLUME ON THE STOCK MARKET
>>
>>35560511
>Video games
>Anime
>Comics
You mean the nerdy ew gross neck beard virgin hobbies?
No one does those for attention except women
>Cooking
Is a basic bodily need now for attention whores?
>>
>>35564885
I think he means the cooking where people post what they made everyday on pintrest and other social media sites for likes
>>
>>35560511
I grow flowers and go spear fishing. How do I fair.
>>
>>35564876
>but you can, and should, do both.
Exactly, and anyone who doesn't do both is likely just wanting to build muscle so people will be 'miring. In fact, even if you are doing both, I'd say the weight-lifting component is purely for impressing other people into fucking you or admiring you; and the cardio is for actual health-improvement, physical-conditioning, reasons.
>>
>>35564741
I used to speed solve but I gave up on it cause couldn't break 20 second
>>
>>35564833
Have you tried to put some lube in it?
I have the meffert ghost cube and the turning is quite good.

Unfortunately there aren't 4x4 or bigger version. The only way to have them is either build them by yourself or pay someone to do it.
Virust made a few of them, but the price was like 200$
>>
>>35564924
But it's nice to be strong. Not only that, you reduce those things to vanity. If you're in shape you'll see it pay off in your everyday interactions, in your career, even in legal proceedings. The positive effects on your life are just too big to overlook. In turn, having positive reinforcement from people around you all the time just for beeeing yourself improves your confidence and positivity.
>>
I like games, cartoons, manga and drawing.
>>
>>35564876
>tfw want to get into running but have one leg
Life is suffering
>>
>>35563041
Most record shop owners don't even care about the word vinyl. It's just a colloquialism.
>>
File: pistorius.jpg (93KB, 310x393px) Image search: [Google]
pistorius.jpg
93KB, 310x393px
>>35564999
He had 0 legs. What's your excuse?
>>
>>35564999
Trips confirms: your life is, indeed, suffering. Still, could you go down your GP and take advice? There must be provision for you to reach that point and get a blade or whatever down the line. There are runners without legs. Good luck anon!
>>
>>35564973
>But it's nice to be strong.
So you can impress grills? What real-world practical benefits do you get from being strong in the modern world that don't boil down to just impressing other people because you can lift a heavy object more easily than say, some other dude who doesn't work out can?

>If you're in shape you'll see it pay off in your everyday interactions, in your career, even in legal proceedings.
>having positive reinforcement from people around you
Isn't building muscle for that reason the very definition of vanity? You're doing it so people will admire and praise your appearance. So people will look upon you more kindly because of your appearance.
>>
>>35560511
>I collect colognes

That's it. For the rest I am pretty much a basic bitch.
>>
>>35565067
How is making your interactions and life in general better and easier, vanity? It increases your rolls on all persuasion and charisma checks. Points in those areas are never wasted, whether you're in IT, prison or education. The only people that don't benefit are those who don't interact with others, and that's pretty much just hikkis.
>>
>>35564956
I haven't lubed it yet, which is probably why it's turning badly. I might contact Virust and see how much it costs for a 4x4 ghost cube, but I'm expecting it to be expensive.
>>
>>35560511
>videogames
is it for attention if I play strictly old ass single player games?
>anime/manga
same as vidya
>cartoons/comics
not anymore
>lifting weights
nope. I do push-ups and sit-ups along with a run every morning though
no. was thinking of doing Judo though to stay in shape.
>cooking
I just like to save money by making my own food
>being a 'foodie'
Fuck no
All I drink is Fosters
>cars or motorcycles
No
>>
>>35565110
I'd say it depends on who you're dealing with. If you're dealing mostly with shallow fucks then sure appearance might be the prime consideration when assessing your worth as a human being. And I'll grant you that in prison having strength might be of value in and of itself rather than for vanity reasons but that's the exception.

But if you just did regular, relatively intense, cardio exercise and had a decent diet, you'd end up with a fairly well-toned body that may not hugely stand out, but wouldn't look bad by any stretch of the imagination. By opting to focus on muscle training, you're wanting a body that you can actively flaunt to the rest of the world. You're right that you'll get bonus points with the shallow cunts who'll rate you higher because you've been putting on muscle, but that doesn't make it any less vain.
>>
>>3556051
Does posting bait make you feel good about yourself?
>>
>>35565209
I think you underestimate the impact these things have, even subconsciously. The average person won't even realise they're doing it: they're just going to offer more favourable treatment by default. Same with naturally handsome people.
>>
>>35560597
>tfw you're mother wanted to teach you piano and did for a while but I didn't want to at the time, but in 12th grade I started really getting into orchestral music and could create beautiful music in my head, and wanted to learn piano, but now I'm in college and now I can't learn it.
>>
>>35560511
how are cars and motorcycle's a basic bitch hobby...I love working on my cars and motorcycles.
>>
>>35565232
I hear what you're saying. but just because lots of people do it doesn't make it any less vain and shitty.
>>
>>35565255
Cars are the true robot hobby. what you got?
>>
>>35560511

This list is absolute bullshit.

aside from video games (which really depends on the game) beer, and vehicles,

these are not basic male hobbies.

anime and manga is shunned by normies and chads. Remember that kid who read naurto in school? Remember what kind of attention he got?

i will agree that comics and cartoons have been "cool" for adults to get into, but there are still hardcore fans who ignore all the virtue singling.

lifting weights is very popular among young men, but doing it right, with consistently, and proper training is rare.

i wonder how many men are out there who lift who can't even 1234. not even to mention 2345.

Op you are a attention whore, but to answer the question i play video games and lift weights.

would you also consider jazz guitar to be normie as well?
>>
>>35560511

Video games and cooking desu
>>
>>35560597

how is your ear training, friendo?
>>
>>35560511

what the fuck is a basic bitch?

And why the fuck does cooking and lifting fall under it, is improving yourself basic then?

Stop using these faggoty terms and just say it clearly using the language you grew up learning you asinine fucks.
>>
>>35565267
Fair enough. The practical benefits just outweigh the reasons not to, in my opinion. I've been an anorexic skelly, swole af, and obese. Currently slightly overweight working back toward being in shape again. In each of the three the treatment you receive is radically different and the changes to your mental state are interesting too. I can't speak for everyone but when I was a skelly I had no energy at all and was always moody. People tended to either count you out, consider you fragile and weak or in the case of gays, want to fuck you. Obese meant I was lazy and couldn't summon motivation. Generally looked down on, faint air of contempt in interactions. In shape I was typically more outgoing, optimistic and vital. People would treat me well wherever I went - except on nights out, where they might feel like starting a fight. Feels like a clear benefit for the effort put in.
>>
>>35560511

Cooking?

How many men do you know that can actually cook a variety of restaurant level meals?

I'll agree with the rest, but cooking isn't basic. Hardly anyone can cook proper meals bro, it's a shame.
>>
>>35560511
I like to
>collect records
>play the bass guitar
>hike/walk
>occasionally build models
>>
>>35560511
My hobby is composing music for orchestra.
>>
>>35560511
Drawing
Collecting knives
>>
My hobby is collecting doo doo from the ladies' room and eating it by romantic candlelight. Is that basic?
>>
if you just did cardio you would most likely still be a skinny fat weak piece of shit. when you heavy compound movements you sharpen you CNR and develop fast twitch muscle fiber. There is a reason EVERY collegiate sport lifts.

the 100 meter wr has exploded ever since lifting became popular.

Anyone can hop on treadmill for a few hours a week and develop decent cardio.

there is a reason it only takes half a year or so to be able to run a marathon. it is easier to develop cardio than it is to develop strength.

Resistance training on the other hand, is a slow grueling process that ultimately improves both your looks(when did trying to be fit, healthy, and attractive become a bad thing), and performance exponentially.

this is coming from a former track athlete, and lifting was the best thing i did for my performance back is school

you sound like you have no idea about anything in regards to training.

pull your fedora out of you ass and look at reality
>>
>>35565506
did lifting get you a cuter boyfriend, which is the goal of every person who lifts weights?
>>
>>35564870
I used to skate like a decade ago, but I can still ollie, manual and kick a few flips. I'd say it permanently improved my sense of balance. A great hobby in general.
>>
>>35565545

no it did not, but it made me sprint faster, jump higher, and improved my single leg when i wrestled.
>>
>>35565438
Is it easy to learn to read music on the piano? I want to learn it but it seems so odd.
>>
>>35565609
that's fucked up, they really should only allow 2-legged people to wrestle. tell your not cute boyfriend to write a letter to the wrestling committee.
>>
I enjoy plating drums even though I have one leg. It's fun I'm also learning piano.
>>
>>35560511
How the fuck is reading comics a basic bitch hobby? Bestselling comics these days are comics that sell fucking 45,000-50,000 units.
>>
>>35565609
>Single-legs
Fuck you faggots, we're not allowed to use any leg grabs anymore because of the Olympics and as a manlet I'm permanently salty because those are good techniques
>>
>>35565506
>the 100 meter wr has exploded ever since lifting became popular.
Utterly irrelevant to anything I said

>Anyone can hop on treadmill for a few hours a week and develop decent cardio.
You'll get good at running on a treadmill, sure. There's quite a difference between proper endurance training and spending a few hours a week on a treadmill.

>there is a reason it only takes half a year or so to be able to run a marathon. it is easier to develop cardio than it is to develop strength.
And yet most people can't find it within themselves to actually train themselves to properly run marathon-level, and not just walk half of it. Maybe it's not that easy.

>Resistance training on the other hand, is a slow grueling process that ultimately improves both your looks(when did trying to be fit, healthy, and attractive become a bad thing), and performance exponentially.
Oh it improves your looks? So vanity then. Performance only matters if you're a professional athlete.

>you sound like you have no idea about anything in regards to training.
>pull your fedora out of you ass and look at reality
You seem awfully butt hurt about this. Sounds like I hit a nerve; might pay to examine your life and see where's it gone so wrong that you've invested so much of your identity into lifting heavy objects and putting them down again.
>>
>>35560511

>model rocketry (not much nowadays, though)
>cars (building my own race car from scratch apart from engine, trans and diff, chicks love it)
>researching how to build a plane after race car is done
>my HUGE sound system I made, running 6 bass horns with a 3.1 meter horn path and 15'' drivers. You can feel it in your chest from 5-6 houses away, running on 1/3rd of the power (any more trips breakers)
>designing and building anything mechanical, I have made wind turbines, neo subwoofer motors, a shitty concrete lathe and a manner of other things.

My basic bitch hobbies:
>muh gayming pc
>lifting
>fancy fuckhead coffee
>tried jiu jitsu but it got sick of getting raped by stocky manlets
>>
>>35560511
RC airplanes
original commient
>>
I have 0 hobbies and I'm 4chan 16 hours a day
>>
I play a hurdy-gurdy, it's fun but it won't get you any vaginas if that's what you want
>>
>>35565778
Nobody said you buy them nigger. You read them online
>>
>>35560511
I make sick beats and while doing that on fl 12 I'm learning how to play the piano w mike new

I can draw but that's a basic bitch thing
>>
scuba diving, nightwalking + urban exploration, programming, gardening, cosplaying

cosplaying got me laid so fuck you and fuck your gay thread OP, only gamur girlz play video games to fit in or be part of a crowd and they're hated for it.
>>
>>35565845
>6 bass horns

Just know you have the pussy pass for every dubstep/edm girl living

fuck me up
>>
>>35565845
Pls come back you're essential to our self-esteem
t. stocky manlet
>>
>>35566063
>man-lets are THIS desperate
>>
>>35566031

Cheers, most people intrested are like "heeyyy bro let's have a hectic party, you can bring the system and I'll sort out the rest" then it involves 2 trips to and from in a Ute just to get the gear there, and a whole lot of setting up. But the parties are indeed hectic so I guess it's worth it.

>>35566063

I will, once I put some more muscle on so I am less malleable.
>>
>yoyoing
>drawing
>writing
>sewing
>costume making(fuck cosplay though)
>>
File: smug grinning anime.png (113KB, 500x505px) Image search: [Google]
smug grinning anime.png
113KB, 500x505px
>>35566500
Build up all you like friend, your long and graspable limbs are welcome in the only environment where they provide a disadvantage
>>
>>35560511
Oh my god this triggered me. Well baited, my friend.
>>
>tell people i make music
>they immediately think im shit without hearing a thing

whats up with that?
>>
you know it's a basic bitch hobby when basic bitches are into it. For example, motorcycles. So many girls "loooove" motorcycles. Or Yoga.

Mine are
>hiking (basic bitch hobby, especially where i live)
>mountain biking
>woodworking
>>
>>35566693
People think music is some magical thing to make, like art. As if talent exists and music theory, color theory etc. don't exist.
>>
File: t01_132.jpg (75KB, 728x1085px) Image search: [Google]
t01_132.jpg
75KB, 728x1085px
Gunpla is cool
>>
File: Flint_03.jpg (197KB, 835x830px) Image search: [Google]
Flint_03.jpg
197KB, 835x830px
i have some really basic hobbies like eating, showering, and taking shits. wow what a fucking basic bitch. i also like to carve shit into myself and smoke pcp while listening to dark ambient. some of my other basic hobbies are cocaine and feminization porn, cooking food with my own blood, and writing satirical dystopian stories. pretty basic shit. dunno fuck it
>>
>>35560511
The only thing on your list that counts as the "male basic bitch" hobby is videogames.
>>
>>35560511
I used to play soccer, broke my knee, and couldn't every play after surgery. I used to be pretty normie until the accident, after that I didn't hung out with my old buddies anymore and slowly became a robot.
>>
File: asui.jpg (116KB, 859x1000px) Image search: [Google]
asui.jpg
116KB, 859x1000px
>>35565306
You're great, anon.
Are you an old fag?
Or are you just really jaded?
>>
File: IMG_20160115_102952570.jpg (444KB, 1632x918px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160115_102952570.jpg
444KB, 1632x918px
rail transportation. discussing it, photographing trains/stations, watching train videos on youtube, etc
>>
>>35565038
His excuse was having one leg. He like just said it man.
>>
>>35560511
I am an amateur pathologist. I read med school textbooks and perform autopsies on roadkill (since I don't have access to actual cadavers) that I collect to determine the cause of death. I also lack the equipment and chemicals to perform a pathohistology lab procedure so autopsy is as far as I can go at the moment. Still, I have lots of theoretical knowledge. At the amateur level, at least.
>>
>>35560511

>>videogames
yes
>>anime/manga
no
>>cartoons/comics
no
>>lifting weights
hell no
nop
>>cooking
no
>>being a 'foodie'
fuck no
nah
>>cars or motorcycles
I drive like shit
>>
>>35560511
I fix electronics, collect music, and im in a band. Nothing special but not basic.
>>
File: 8.png (558KB, 900x702px) Image search: [Google]
8.png
558KB, 900x702px
>>35567141
Found the serial killer

Ravioli ravioli this comment is originoli
>>
who else was hoping that was kerokerobonito girls tummy showing in OP pic?
>>
>videogames
very few
>anime/manga
no
>cartoons/comics
no
>lifting weights
very rarely, haven't for over a year
no
>cooking
microwave meals
>being a 'foodie'
no
hate beer
>cars or motorcycles
too spak to drive
>>
>>35560511
I box 3 times a week?

I've been doing since I was a toddler so I tend to feel uncomfortable if I dont go for more than a week, it's also my only form of social contact.
>>
>>35567440
what weight, you had any bouts? I used to box but the gym was not pleasant and I got knocked out about 10 times (all in sparring), had to call it a day.
>>
>>35567469
>you had any bouts?

Well, I fucked your dad's bout and made him eat out my bout. But I think you mean "butt," Anon. You know, it's the thing that spits out the smelly brown stuff into your diaper?
>>
>>35567505
It's my first time to this site and let me tell you, this is exactly the kind of post I was afraid I'd see
>>
>>35567469
How does someone get knocked out so much? Tuck your chin and glue your hands to your face.

Not the guy you were questioning but I boxed off and on with PAL and a private gym throughout my teens and early twenties. I miss the gym and sparring but not the strict diet and training schedule.
>>
>>35567544
i'm sorry. but no, i'm not, don't get involved here. nothing good comes from the vice of posting here.
>>
>>35567544
r9k was your first board? That I don't believe.
>>
>>35567577

I came to speak to Elliot rodger.
>>
>>35567577
Believe this you motherfucker.
>>
>>35560511
I write and keep it to myself on my computer
>>
>>35567571
I just used to get tired and plus I was in with super heavyweights who were usually pretty fit, would gas and then get bashed on the ropes, had allot of nervous energy. But the people were idiots they used to spar like they were trying to take your head off.
>>
>>35567606
pee pee go bye bye?????
>>
File: 1488901393406.jpg (43KB, 465x661px) Image search: [Google]
1488901393406.jpg
43KB, 465x661px
>>35567593
> I came to speak to Elliot rodger.

I lost
>>
>>35567623
That sounds like a really shitty gym. Not worth training with idiots like that.
>>
>>35560511
>Dont play video games regular
>i will watch an anime if it interests me, which is rarely.
>same applys to cartoons and comics
>lifting weights and martial arts are meme
>i only eat functional meals
>alchy is degenrate
>cars and motorbikes are inherently immoral
>>
Cooking and anime arent normal male hobbies
Anime is mostly male but it's not normal.
>>
>>35567714
Nigga you basic. That some basic shit right thurr.
>>
>>35562796
just about every guy ages 20-25 has at least a moderate interest in cooking
>>
>>35567349
How am I a serial killer when I have never killed anybody (or anyTHING for that matter)? I just like pathology, you fuck. Suck it.
>>
My "basic bitch" hobbies:
>anime/manga
>vidya
>cartoons/comics
>cooking
>lifting weights

Fuck off faggot, anime/manga is in no way normie tier, neither is vidya or comics/cartoons depending on what you are playing/watching/reading. Lifting weights is normie tier but most normies don't do it, and cooking isn't a hobby, it is what poorfags like me do to not starve.
My other hobbies are reading, running, and studying/doing homework(need to keep an academic scholarship). I am trying to draw more so that I have a creative release, but I'm not good enough yet to call it a hobby.
>>
>>35567782
Those aren't even my hobbies though. I'm just pointing out that OP is retarded
>>
Sports, anime, and punk rock. Kind of basic but don't care. My girlfriend thinks I'm cooler than you.
>>
>>35567886
I know dogg. Pointing shit out is basic. Jus wanna point dat shit out to yo ass, Faggit!
>>
>>35567904
Middle school relationships never last long. Dont get too heartbroken because nobody wants to hear you cry about cutting yourself
>>
>>35567922
Kill yourself.
It's bad enough when actual black people act braindead. Nobody wants to deal with you doing it too.
>>
>>35567950
Maaaan, tellin people to off deyselves basic as shit fool!
>>
>>35567937
I can taste the salt from that post.
>>
>>35568049
You talk like a middle schooler too.
Read the rules faggot
>>
>>35568049
Ew dude! Are you licking that post's sweaty dick?
>>
So manga is a basic bitch hobby but what if my hobby is translating manga into English? I work together with a small team where I write the words and they do the photoshopping. It's the only thing in my life that makes me feel useful and desired right now.
>>
>>35568074
>>35568071
Keep reaching

>Originallyacomment
>>
>>35568224
You're reaching for that pack of razors already arent you.
Remember what rippy the razor said
>>
>>35568224
How bout you reach for my sweaty dick?

Please?
>>
>>35561940
OP here. I lift and cook. They aren't my hobbies. Calling those a hobby would be like saying breathing or sleeping are hobbies.
>>
>>35568398
Lifting a fat dick to your face to drink of the sweet sweet semen within isn't the kind of lifting he's talking about, Chef Homo.
>>
I like making vidya games
>>
>memes connoisseur (I watch film just to use memes, I'm afraid of being called a poser otherwise)
>ricing gentoolord
>mechanical keyboard fetish
>/free/tard with persecution complex
>drugs
Yes, I'm quite a /g/ basic bitch, tho IRL everything is different.
>>
>>35568149
That's pretty cool anon, what translation team do you work for?
>>
>>35568850
Pussy be stankin' yo!!! Pussy B. Stanken
>>
File: 330821397abs3.jpg (864KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
330821397abs3.jpg
864KB, 683x1024px
>>35560511
I use gimp and other tools to make edits to photos to make women's breasts larger. I've done hundreds of these, but most of them are not very good.
>>
File: 1456968800959.png (746KB, 871x581px) Image search: [Google]
1456968800959.png
746KB, 871x581px
>>35560511

>professional athlete
>Master Angler
>3-gun
>distance shooting
>self study

All this while NEET
>>
>>35568942
Want to smell my pussy? I promise I made a doo doo in it.
>>
>>35568995
>>35568887
>>35568565
>>35568281
>>35568074
>>35567922
>>35567782

Go back to your punk rock, kiddo
>>
>>35560511
my hobby list:
>video games (but only with my bf since video games arent fun)
>drawing and painting
>anime (same with video games, only with bf since anime isnt very fun)
>playing with dolls and plushies
>collecting dresses
>cooking
>i like arts and crafts stuff, sewing and i want to get into knitting
>crossdressing
>cosplay
>>
>>35569052
Holy shit, 7 for 7. Stone cold nigga. OK, before that first post you referenced, I made 6 other posts, can you pick them out?
>>
File: fetch.png (12KB, 497x263px) Image search: [Google]
fetch.png
12KB, 497x263px
>videogames
Casually. My computer isn't so great.
>anime/manga
I've seen a few animes, but I'm no expert.
>cartoons/comics
not really.
>lifting weights
Soon, or so I keep telling myself.
no
>cooking
not really, though I might once I actually start lifting (which is perpetually two weeks away)
>being a 'foodie'
no
no
>cars or motorcycles
no

Browsing 4chan is my main hobby. I also read (philosophical navel gazing) and listen to audiobooks (poirot, discworld, other scifi/fantasy). I kinda like board games, although I'm limited since I have no friends, mainly to two player "strategy" games that you can play online casually (chess, 9 men's morris/mills, hex). Recently I've been trying to re-learn piano, which I quit when I was 12. I enjoy taking naps and feebly attempting to lucid dream, without much success typically. When it's not cold as fuck I like taking walks. If you consider linux a hobby, I have a home server that I mainly use for seeding a couple terabytes of shit (mostly porn).
>>
>>35560511
>Do you have any hobbies that wouldn't fall under the male version of basic bitch hobbies?
Yeah I do, my hobbies include-
>no videogames
>no anime/manga
>no lifting weights
>no any form of martial arts
>no being a 'foodie'

I-I... draw?
>no cartoons/comics

Nope, never mind, then I'm basic AF.
Most interesting thing after all that shit that I do is read books, and go to concerts; also I have a coin collection.
>>
File: niggas_should_bleed.png (3KB, 359x48px) Image search: [Google]
niggas_should_bleed.png
3KB, 359x48px
>>35569114
here you are, faggot
>>
I like to enjoy nature but other than that I don't really do anything besides read and play vidya and shitpost of course.

My dad spends hours watching videos about and collecting silver and gold that's not normie but probably not r9k either
>>
>having hobbies
LMAO don't be the cuck of your activities.
>>
Are guns a basic male bitch hobby too?
>>
>>35560511
>lifting weights
But what if you actually ENJOY lifting?
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 619x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 619x800px
>>35560616
>community nature trails
"I love the outdoors!"
>>
>>35565280
>Cars are the true robot hobby

Not him, but this so much. How can you be autistic and NOT be totally fascinated by something with hundreds of moving parts all working together in harmony?

I've got two cars: a 1991 Toyota Cressida, which I drive when I need to get somewhere and be reasonably assured I will reach my destination, and a 1994 MR2, which is sort of the perpetual project car. Right now I'm thinking of swapping in a 2GR-FE V6 from a newer Camry or Rav4 but I haven't managed to find one at a good price. Shame since I have all the other parts I need.

In my mind the V6 MR2 will get me pussy, but somehow I don't think girls are as thrilled with a 23 year old sports car as I am. And the Cressida, despite having an I6 (autistic engine if choice), is absolute girl repellant just because it's an old Toyota. They don't see the big deal with 200,000 miles and no major work. Means nothing, the fact that your car was basically a Lexus when new means nothing, it's just old now.
>>
Economics and politics.
>>
>>35568882
I don't want to dox myself and become infamous as a tryhard attentionwhore robot faggot. But we're just a small group with a small reader base who specializes in manga by a certain author.
>>
File: berryman.jpg (35KB, 500x405px) Image search: [Google]
berryman.jpg
35KB, 500x405px
>>35561893
this is terrible, no offense mate. really fucking obvious and cliched everywhere.

t. published poet

>>35560511
my hobbies include writing, reading philosophy, playing one of many instruments (primarily oboe and violin), taking long walks, composing music, tinkering with electronics.

but most of the time i'm too depressed to do shit and lay in bed all day and listen to ambient/drone music and sleep periodically! :D
>>
>>35563898
do you make your own opium? i'm really curious. how many plants would one need to collect if i wanted to maybe get high once or twice a week sustainably?
>>
>>35560511
>A male basic bitch hobby is something you either do it for attention or because you just follow the crowd to find a hobby
Are you honestly this fucking stupid? You say that what a basic bitch hobby is depends on the reasons you got into it, that means that all of the ones you mentioned have the potential to not be those.

How do people this retarded manage to find this site?
>>
>>35560511
I sing and play guitar. I'm recording songs atm. I also read books and am a film major for screenwriting.

It takes a huge ego to decide you want to be a writer and think you can be successful at it.

I lift weights and obviously watch a lot of movies.
>>
>>35566894

if 22 is old, then im old.

I just don't endorse shitty normie slang words
>>
You shouldn't use normie slang if you don't understand it, OP.
>>
>>35569381
It means you're an uninteresting person. You possibly have a learning disability. You're basically a normie.
>>
File: IMG_20170114_121752.jpg (74KB, 600x844px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170114_121752.jpg
74KB, 600x844px
>>35560511
You forgot any popular high school sport (soccer, basketball, baseball, football, lacrosse, swimming, hockey)
>>
File: stockhausen.jpg (8KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
stockhausen.jpg
8KB, 265x190px
>>35560511
>>videogames
Occaisionally. I don't have much time for vidya
>>anime/manga
I only watch anime when I'm sad or I want to get comfy
>>cartoons/comics
Rarely
>>lifting weights
Occaisionally
I do Judo. What's so bad about that?
>>cooking
I enjoy it; its calming
>>being a 'foodie'
I like food. So what?
I don't drink
>>cars or motorcycles
Never had an interest in them.

My main hobbies include Judo, chess, piano and 4chan. I would say math and physics too but I'm majoring in both, so its not much of a hobby
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 500x497px
>>35560511
In addition to

>video games
>lifting weights

I like to
>argue on the internet
>hammer out my arguments, opinions, and worldview with research and logical introspection
>read up on philosophers
>do medical research (it's for my major but I also enjoy it in general)
>cry about nogf
>>
>>35560511

I'm guilty of martial arts and vidya
>>
>>35571139
I also forgot to mention politics and philosophy
>>
File: FM-84.jpg (266KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
FM-84.jpg
266KB, 1200x1200px
>>35560511
>yes, but not autistic about it (don't follow most new stuff, play a lot of older games etc) I don't talk about it with normies unless they raise it etc
>yes, but not autistic about it (don't watch moe garbage, prefer old shows, haven't watched 1000+ like the average 4channer, don't even watch that much lately, prefer dubs)
>no
>no
>no
>starting to get into it
>what's that
>only drink on occasion
>if Initial D counts then sure

My favorite music is synthwave (can come across as general electro music to normies with the right artists) but I just prefer to talk about general stuff desu, I'm not defined by any particular hobby.
>>
>>35560511
History, mainly the middle ages..
>>
>>35560511
I have most of those except MA in common with you. I usually do various random shit for extended periods of time though. Like over summer I got really into making fermented foods, and beverages.
>>
>>35560511
Everything I've done has been for my own entertainment, never have I thought about other people when doing them. Why are you projecting OP?
>>
>>35560511
>videogames
used to, doesnt make me happy now
>anime/manga
nothing besides chihiro, flying castle and the like
>cartoons/comics
used to when i was younger, now im too ashamed to ask my parents to buy me some
>lifting
used to when i thought to apply for the army, but they rejected me so im a weakling now
never
>cooking
never ever ever
>being a foodie
wtf is that
>beer connoisseur
dont find anything wrong with it, would be comy, but still no
>cars or motors
nope, they are too large,loud and rough
>>
>>35560511
Guilty of Vidya and Cartoons

I don't really lift but I used to read about it and lurk /fit/ for the rare /fit/ girl thread, also because, If the starts align and I get a qt lifter girl I can use their lingo to break the ice. although I'll probably just look like a poser.

I also like to play D&D and Tabletop games, contrary to the normies around here I like to play them regardless if there's weed involved.

Finally, I dropped the guitar and focused on mastering the recorder, know a little programing on the side and had an interest in creating vidya till I realized programing is not for me and I'm planning to get into Voice Acting, althought that last is more like wishful thinking.

I also like to write huge walls of text in Le 4chinz to practice my english as well, being a spic and all...sometimes Anons kindly point out my mistakes while calling me a faggot and I get to improve, others, they don't even give me (you)'s
>>
>>35570238
underage detected

sddds
>>
>>35560511
>male basic bitch hobby is something you either do it for attention or because you just follow the crowd to find a hobby
You can do all of the hobbies listed without seeking attention or following a crowd and you can do most of the hobbies NOT listed because you want attention or you follow a crowd.

Lame thread, surprised it has so many replies.
>>
>>35570238
>lay in bed
>lay
You're not a poet, fucking liar.
>>
>>35560511
Yeah, nah 95% of guys can't even drive stick let alone know how to tune a fucking carb. They just like how cars and bikes LOOK. Also martial arts is basic???
>>
>>35564015
Would you mind telling me why Necronomidol is shit? I don't understand the hate.
>>
>>35560511
I'm pretty much a basic bitch but I don't do any of it for attention.
>lift weights but I fucking hate women, not gay though, well maybe
>i only watch and talk about anime with my best friends who I made through the mutual interest
>I'd love to have my own car/motorcycle someday but just because I like the idea of being in control of where I go other than just walking
But I can see how those could be basic
>>
Aside from my basic bitch hobbies of vidya-anime/manga-comics-lifting weights- and sports, I'm really into building model kits, learning chinese (4th year currently), geology, and blacksmithing
>>
>>35560511
Ah ha. Got this covered. I play electric guitar and listen to a shit load of metal.

I also read unironic actual western books.

Nice dubs videogame h8r bitch fampai.
>>
>speedrunning
>TASing
>african folk cassettes
>80s minimal synth cassettes
>central asian folk cassettes
>improvised music from japan
>short films
>video art
>korean language
>obscure hot sauce and hot peppers
>>
>>35560511
I love how playing guitar isn't in your list
>>
>>35560511
bouldering/rock climbing and hiking
>>
>>35560511
All I do all day is smoke weed, sleep, and contemplate suicide
>>
>>35564438

This was a high content post that deserves a (you). I assume you are from out west, maybe Colorado to say mountain biking, climbing and hiking are all basic bitch hobbies because that shit is not accessible to a lot of the world
>>
>>35560511
>Reading about history
>Tanks and guns
>Reading books (history and fiction)
>Drawing
>Game modding
I don't have a lot of hobbies, but those I do have take a lot of time...
>>
>gunspinning
>archery
>militaria, history
>going /out/ alone
>actually travelling and not just going somewhere to drink alcohol and throw parties at some all inclusive resort
>guitar, some other instruments

Used to have a pumpkin patch but my parents paved it over with concrete.

And by guitar I mean writing out tablerature for near forgotten Clem Tholet tunes about Rhodesia.
>>
>>35560511
Hobbies:
>videogames
>anime/manga
>Watching YouTube/Shitposting
>Drinking
>Vaping
>Walking
I used to lift but I got tired of muscle strains and fatigue so I might go back to doing calisthenetics soon, not sure if that counts.
>>
>>35573003
>>speedrunning
You're either extremely autistic or a tranny
>>
>>35560511
>warhammer40k tabletop
>vidya 8 hours a day or not at all (mostly offline rts)
>cycling on my racing bike (alone)
for the rest i sit in my room and browse internet
is this normie or not?
>>
Hobbies:
Play Texas Holdem No Limit ,although it is my job now.
>>
>>35560511
Skating the streets at night is dank
>>
My hobbies are
>cooking
>cleaning my house
>seasonal decorating
>container gardening
>alcohol (mostly wine)
>sleeping
>anime/manga
>old vidya
>watching videos of dogs on the internet
>internet
>mindless tv after work, usually involving junk food and me falling asleep on the couch
Hahaha my life
>>
>>35563440
CRUSHED
LMAO
>>
>>35572709

> I also read unironic actual western books.

Unless these are nonfiction books you are still a fag
>>
>>35564115
how's the drum going? i bought decent e-drums 2 years ago because i fucking love drums and i wanted these so i could play without being heard, but i don't seem to ever get better

i barely play though, i have no energy or ambition or motivation
>>
>>35575172
Nope scifi.
Nonfiction is so dry it's like reading boxes of crackers. It's even somehow less provocative.
>>
>>35564115
I've played bass for five years now and I'm looking for a new instrument to learn. Any ideas?

I used to play with a band too, so ama if you're interested
>>
>>35560511
I play video games and I drive a motorcycle. I have been doing both things for a very long time and never for attention. I play games only alone or with my idiot friend in his basement. I started driving a dirt bike at the age of 8 and I don't drive a Harley because those are for faggots.

My other hobbies include hiking, snowboarding, swimming, and golfing. I also used to draw and play the saxophone, but I stopped having the time for these since going to university and getting a job afterwards.
>>
>>35560511
I don't have any hobbies, everything I do is for college. I am sad.
>>
>>35576519
Also my main hobby is music in general. Collecting it, gathering information about stuff like lyrical themes, cultural context and shit. I have more than 50 gb of music on my hard disk
>>
>>35576519
Guitar, your dexterity will carry over
>>
>>35560511
on OP's list
>cooking
>Martial Arts
>vidya
I also like
>politics (actually getting involved not just shitposting on /pol/)
>obscure techno music
>fashion
>stand-up comedy
>collecting Mad Magazine issues
>guns
>bicycles
>Vietnam war movies
>documentaries
>stock exchange simulators
>>
>>35576609
Never really tried it, every time I hold a guitar it kinda seems to small and 09
I never the strings are way too close to each other.

So you think experience from playing bass helps with guitar too?
>>
>>35565730
It's is one of the most intuitive things I've ever learnt.
Higher on the page = higher in pitch
>>
>>35576728
I dunno what happened to this post on the way but somehow it got fucked up so have fun figuring it out I guess
>>
>>35576728
I did it the other way around and it worked for me. Played guitar for years, found a used freltess in really bad shape and bought it to try it out, I was playing with no problems the next day. It might be a bit harder to go from bass to guitar since you're adding 2 strings (obviously depends on the instrument but you get what I mean), but your fingers won't be completely retarded and it will be familiar enough
>>
>>35560511
Is throwing trees a non normie hobbie?

What about thinking of ideas for an RPG game I might make
>>
>>35560511
As hobbies or as genuine sports? That's a big difference. For example with cars and motorcycles, if you just drive one around it's entertainment, but if you compete it's a motorsport.
>>
>>35561893
I agree with what the other anon says, but I see what you're getting at and you definitely have potential.
>>
>>35576780
Differentfag here

I get this but I can never visually approximate how big the difference in pitch is

It's much easier for me to listen to a recording and approximate the pitch difference by ear and then visually approximate how big the gap is on the keyboard, then try a part of the song to see if it's correct, if not, correct it and move to the next part

It's fascinating to read about other people's learning patterns though

I could probably play the same way if I bothered to actually read up on what a note is, as in what it means
>>
>>35576579
>I have more than 50 gb of music on my hard disk
lol
>>
Programming.

Eat a dick
>>
>>35571689
A roastie has gotten toasty about the fact that she only has basic bitch hobbies and has been called out, so she's trying to apply a female perspective to male hobbies when that's not how it works at all. Women are fucking stupid, what do you expect?
>>
1. guitar / music composition / audio engineering
2. fingerboarding
>>
>>35577292
I've got a board you can finger
>>
>>35563787
If you think handegg is more complex than football you don't understand football. It seems simple at first, but once you start really learning about it you see how much depth there is to it. Guess that's why it's the number one sport in the world.
>>
>>35577316
Nice m8
It better be wood veneer, I don't fuck with that kiddy plastic-molded shit anymore
>>
>>35577379
How bout a board made of lustful flesh?
>>
>>35577476
What's the pop angle? How accentuated is the concave? Does it come pre-gripped or will I have to grip it myself?
Thread posts: 308
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.