[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best american cities >100K population. must

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: montana.jpg (346KB, 2200x843px) Image search: [Google]
montana.jpg
346KB, 2200x843px
What are the best american cities >100K population.

must be at least 75% white
>>
>>35557086
No way racist dumbass.
I live in LA and we have some of the best tacos you'll ever taste. Better than white """"food""""
>>
Minneapolis is great. Cold as the ninth circle of hell in the winter, but they've built this "skyway" system that lets you move around the city without going outside so that kind of mitigates it.
>>
>>35557140
>LA
>good tacos
>cali
lmao @ u pleb bunch of fake ass tacos come down to a border city and eat real mexican food faggot
>>
>>35557157
It's also filled with Somalis and refugees
>>
Seattle? Oregon? I like the northwest.
>>
seattle, although ive never been there, seems like a perfect city for me.
>>
>>35557227
i'v heard boise is nice.
>>
How is Des Moines or Iowa in general?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (109KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
109KB, 1920x1080px
>>35557227
>>35557258

Need text to post 573336765444
>>
>>35557140
I live in Socal. This guy is a dumb ass who doesn't know shit. If you want good tacos go to San Bernardino, but don't get shot. He's probably some manlet asian or something.
>>
>>35557360

>San Bernardino

You're probably some spic manlet, San Diego has the best tacos, and they only allow legal Mexicans here, so enjoy meth county
>>
>more than 100k population
>75% white

Doesn't work like that lad.
>>
>>35557360
>>35557406
>california faggots
Texas master race niggers git gud
>>
>>35557406
Nah I'm just a neet who lives in a shit city with a ton of Mexicans. I will vouch for San Diego though. Had some good fish tacos years ago. I just said SB since it's sorta in LA territory.

>>35557426
If I had the money I'd leave. I like to think somewhere in the US there's a place where you can just get a job and raise a family in peace.
>>
>>35557426

Literally every other nigger and cartel member is setting up shop in Texas, have getting ROBBED, BLACKED, and getting your bike stolen
>>
>>35557140
t. Hernandez

You can't turn a corner in LA without getting raped by niggers. It is an inhospitable wasteland.
>>
>>35557467
>Nah I'm just a neet who lives in a shit city with a ton of Mexicans.

You in East LA or Western Riverside?
>>
>>35557467
kawaii~~ Texas is best state
>>35557486
>cartel
i mean y-y-your not wrong
also depends where you live and id suggest living in the country tho
>>
>>35557211
>filled with

That's a meme, there aren't many of them. There are more Vietnamese than Somalis.
>>
>>35557227
>>35557258
Seattle is only 60% white
>>
>>35557157
>>35557140
>>35557227
>>35557258
>>35557426
>>35557486
ok so is anybody going to name any cities or are we just listing countries at this point?

please be more specific
>>
>>35557509
Riverside. It's a great city to be for a young (well not anymore) college grad. The environment is beautiful and the people are super nice.

>>35557531
I actually think pretty highly of Texas, but wouldn't know where to visit. My dad's a proto fedora so he loves Austin because
>they don't have to deal with the crazy people with GUNS*
>*are bad and should be banned :^)
You tell me anon. Where should I visit if I ever get the chance?
>>
>>35557509
>Western Riverside
hey we have an actual city name
it's moreno valley
>>
Colorado Springs

400,000 people, 80% white
>>
>>35557622
My brother lives in a nice area and there has two incidences where some n____ killed his GF in San Bernardino and drove all the way to Riverside and ended up locked up in his apartment complex, within the last year. Nothing in Santa Monica for me, yet
>>
>>35557626
How was your shift at the Fulfillment Center?

>>35557693
At UCR you get weekly emails about black people pulling guns out for like $10, climbing into apartments, and just vandalizing shit. It really is all black people too. They have to release a suspect description it's great.
>>
>>35557622
depends what you live if you want to visit mexico quite literally visit el paso, hipster liberal transplants go to austin, dallas is so-so, houston is full of niggers. I like san antonio personally
>>
Fairbanks, Alaska. Population 97,581, 77.79% white and more freedom than you could ever want
>>
Alternatively Greater Wasilla, population 100K, 87.55% white
>>
>>35557227
Eugene, OR is nice. Lotta stoners but the town is comfy.
>>
>>35557550
Not true, I used to live in minneapolis. Woodbury is were all the asians are, the fkin maplewood mall is 90% hmong. Minneapolis is over 100k people, more like 400 now.
And for op >>35557086
Two great under 100k person cities in Mn are Stillwater and Duluth
>>
>>35557859
Fuck forgot you asked over 100k, in thay case follow the rule were farther north = whiter untill you reach the inuit.
>>
P town was voted worst city 4 blacks so I guess you could move there. Oh wait, I'm not on >>/pol
>>
all i can say is every city in new england is a shit hole, do not go to any of them
>>
>>35557952
>P town
what
>>
File: 1.jpg (292KB, 1057x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
292KB, 1057x1024px
>>35557822
>Greater Wasilla
how hard is it to hang out with the palins?
>>
>>35558095
I have a gut feeling they would still have secret service around their house, and I don't have the balls to go find out
>>
>>35557140
Nice. I'm moving to LA now
>>
>>35558095
>those names
wht the heck
>>
>>35557767
My grandfather is from San Antonio and I visited it once as a kid but hardly remember it.
>>
>>35557622
I live in the Texas hill country and it's super comfy here. I live like 40 minutes from Austin and an hour and a half from San Antonio so I'm still close enough to the city if I need to go there for shopping and such, but not so close that I have to deal with city bullshit
>>
>>35557767
>houston is full of niggers.

I left just in time, Katy got blacker the last five years
>>
>>35558368
>>35558368
all the nergos from New Orleans were bussed there after Katrina
>>
>>35558305
Lack of creativity. Two daughters named for locations, the third for a fucking plane manufacturer
>>
>>35558472
all children named for the place where they were conceived
>>
>>35558487
That's a possibility, but as someone who lives in Willow the thought of that skank being here disgusts me.

Probably did it in the crowd at the iditarod start
>>
>>35557086
My city sucks ass

>5K population
>45% black

There's nothing to do here, but housing is cheap. Also violent crime is really low, but theft is really fucking high.
>>
File: oh_a_book.jpg (507KB, 1420x949px) Image search: [Google]
oh_a_book.jpg
507KB, 1420x949px
>>35557157

In Minneapolis, the skyway system to which you refer is only in the downtown area. The downtown area is not the same thing as "the city".

I've read articles about urban planners who visited the area and absolutely HATE HATE HATE the local skyways (in other local downtowns, too, read on). Of course, those urban planners are wrong. The reasons for this is that designers generally hate the presence of something that they themselves didn't design, and also because these urban planners were (by context of what I read) from out of town, and haven't actually wintered over in Minnesota. The skyways are perfectly reasonable tools for large downtowns, and nice to walk through.

While on the subject: I own a book on urban planning which spends extended time on Minnesota "low" architecture, malls, etc, especially the Mall of America and Southdale, one of the first modern malls in the country. On pic related, the book purports to give a map of the Minneapolis skyway, but the figure (top right) is clearly the skyway of Saint Paul instead. Makes me question the research quality throughout the rest of the book.

Dovetailing with what I was saying above, you can just make out the phrase in the pic (excuse the glare on the page): "the system proves to be successful, but virtually kills actual street life."

What the above quote-context fails to understand, shockingly, (urban planners are supposed to be creative, imaginative people?!) is that the skyways /are/ actual street life, just as surely as what goes on one floor below. What, a street flooded with ads and trash and shit is somehow "more" authentic than the comfy equally ad-filled bustle, just one floor up? No, these people are idiots who don't live here.

>>35557086

Why the insistence on the 100K+ marker? Are smaller communities a total non-starter for you? If so, then why post a nice picture of Montana maybe?
>>
>>35558630
>Why the insistence on the 100K+ marker?
100K isn't a firm number. Just something large enough where you can be anonymous and still fit in.

Smaller, non-college towns are often filled with lifers who have known each other forever and there is no way they are letting you, a new outsider, into their cool little social circles.
>>
>>35558630
Just putting it out there, I've lived next to Minneapolis since I was 5 and both my parents teach there, can confirm it is a shit city. Hardly anything to do (everything to do can be done in 2 weeks in the TC 1 in the summer, 1 in winter) along with that, the people are passive agressive, it is filled with annyoing gooks and refugees, gets real fucking cold, had no street or night life, no good seafood let alone many good restraunts, a shit football team, pleanty of crime (had to call 911 a few times for crap I saw) and is unasthetic. The only pros I can think are its closness to wilderness and rivers such as the Minnesota and St croix, waterfalls, and cheap meth. Overall, it is one of my least favorate cities (I hate Pheonix St Louis, Detroit, and Miami more fav is Pittsburgh)
>>
>>35558941

Being miserably cold is a good though though, as it is both pleasant and discourages brown people.

The unaesthetic thing is objectively untrue. There's plenty of parks and green everywhere, a big river, the whole bit. By contrast, a Chicago is endless slightly depressing built environment without stopping until you hit the lake.

I don't have any serious objections about the passive aggression, annoying gooks/refugees, lack of nightlife, or the owl-less football team, those are all true. The other stuff is silly though, and the simple fact that you made a comment about the local meth market (could you have picked a scummier drug?) indicates that you're scum whose opinion can be safely discarded on everything in general.

A sympathetic possibility: you hated living here so much that you were driven to seek out the scummiest drugs possible out of sheer boredom. I'm told that other people in the midwest do so; I can't imagine why, I quite like it here.
>>
>>35558749
>Just something large enough where you can be anonymous and still fit in.

I live in a 80k town and people knew each other, if you wanna remain anonymous, it's gotta be a big city 500k+ , probably better if it's in the millions
>>
>>35558630
>>What the above quote-context fails to understand, shockingly, (urban planners are supposed to be creative, imaginative people?!) is that the skyways /are/ actual street life,
Not really. A street is public property, it is commons. This is private property, the commons stolen by the capitalist, and then resold to the people at a markup.
>>
>>35557086
Portland, MA if you're racist scum.
>>
>>35557086
Most of Maine.
>>
>>35557227
>>35557258
Seattle is fucking expensive. I still like it here, but housing prices are ridiculous.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.