[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw got caught torrenting >1000$ fine >Cant pay becuase

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 15

File: fuck.png (179KB, 600x511px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
179KB, 600x511px
>tfw got caught torrenting
>1000$ fine
>Cant pay becuase NEET

Well looks like Im off to jail. Goodbye pals
>>
how did you get caught

and come back soon
>>
>>35555120
Just deny it and tell your provider someone was probably using your wireless Internet unauthorized.
>>
>burn torrents on dvd
>sell them to old people
>???
>pay your debt to the society
>>
There's so many ways out of this if you end up going to jail for it you deserve the BBC prison rape
>>
>>35555135
My ISP found out. I only torrent 2 movies a week too
>>
>tfw have torrented tens of thousands of gigabytes worth of stuff since i was 16

>never even got a letter
>>
>>35555197
kek what the fuck? can they do shit?

>>35555201
fucking this
>>
>>35555201
this, where do you live OP
>>
>>35555197
What movies? If they're recent/popular, you are an idiot. Use p2p next time.
>>
>>35555223
Yes, they can find out. I got sent a letter once for pirating a movie.

The parties concerned can sue if they like or whatever and a judge can order you to pay. If you don't pay you can go to jail.

So, yes, torrenting really can land you in jail in America at least.
>>
File: 1489194516505.jpg (44KB, 331x489px) Image search: [Google]
1489194516505.jpg
44KB, 331x489px
>only download anime and music
>use IRC and mediafire/zippyshare
>no problems ever

Movies are boring as shit anyway, and all the good television shows are on Netflix/Amazon.

Should've asked mommy for 12 dollars a month for a netflix subscription, anon. Also, you can't go to jail for a civil offense, so I know your story is actually just bullshit.
>>
>>35555120
>you'll be neet at jail, change your ambiance for a while, try other foods

comfy as fuck, desu
>>
>>35555120
lol its been proven in a court case that your IP being in a tracker proves nothing. they would need to physically confiscate your HDD or SSD and find the pirated content, then verify that you havent bought a retail copy of it.
>>
>>35555239
I honestly got caught torrenting the first 3 seasons of Spongebob
>>35555224
LAND OF THE FREE
>>
>>35555285
>using netflix or amazon
fuck off normalfag
>>
>>35555285
You can go to jail if the judge orders you to pay and you don't. Then it can become a criminal contempt of court for refusing to follow the judge's order or whatever other charge.
>>
i have been torrenting for 10 years and have never gotten a single warning, then again i use private trackers

so lol
>>
>>35555345
Well, I guess you know what your jail nickname is going to be then.

Could be worse, I guess.
>>
>>35555355
I plan on telling the judge to suck my fat dick in my court summons.

You are all a mockery of America anyways. You stole my fucking rights from me.
>>
>>35555380
>thinking that most enterprise/infrastructure grade equipment can't detect torrent traffic easily

Do you even know how deep packet inspection works at the application layer?
>>
>>35555392
Well, enjoy being in jail for a month or so.
>>
>>35555512
Obviously, yeah. But why don't you say it because I think YOU don't know about the ketchup packet inspector.
>>
>>35555285
IKTF

I'll pour one out to all the NEETs who got caught.
>>
>>35555392
The Juj is going to make you show your dick so it better be fat or you'll go to jail for perjury. You spelled Juj wrong by the way.
>>
An ISP would never intentionally land a customer in jail. For one thing, it's probably bad for business if your company puts it's customers in jail. For another, they gain nothing from doing so. A thousand bucks? Who does that fine go to? The ISP? That's peanuts to any moderately sized company. The federal government? Why would the ISP involve the federal government to prosecute someone who isn't even distributing the pirated media? ISPs don't even send cease-and-desist letters anymore because they don't give a shit about anyone except distributors.

This whole thread reeks of "didn't happen."
>>
I just bought an amazon fire tv stick to run Kodi and stream pirated movies. Will i get caught or not because theres no download? Anyone have experience with this?
>>
I only got a letter after seeding like 60 gb of mirrors edge without a VPN, in high school.
>>
>>35555707
Nobody gives a shit as long as you're not distributing. So stop your downloads as soon as they're finished and don't seed and you'll never face any consequences.
>>
File: 1488849070589.jpg (396KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488849070589.jpg
396KB, 1280x720px
>>35555355
>You can go to jail if the judge orders you to pay and you don't
Only in America
>>
>>35555732
Not even torrenting it just streams shit from like putlocker so i guess im safe
>>
>>35555737
Does it not work this way in the rest of the world? What do people do in other countries if someone is legally ordered to pay to another party and refuses to?
>>
>>35555707
streaming is not illegal. Because you are not illegally reproducing any new copies of the movie. Stream as much as you want, no one can say shit. Use Turkish/russian search words to find the movie if you can't find by searching in english.
>>
File: Anon-kun.jpg (696KB, 1053x1070px) Image search: [Google]
Anon-kun.jpg
696KB, 1053x1070px
>>35555737

>tfw u will never be able to shout

> "fuck the kikes, the haulocaust never happened" at the top of your lungs at your random pleasure

get rekt, 3rd world faggot (inb4 i'm not 3rd world. if ur not american, u do not have the largest military budget in the known universe and therefore r 3rd world)
>>
>>35555737
>>35555775
They're not going to throw you in prison if you demonstrate that you're financially unable to pay a fine imposed. None of you retards know what you're talking about.
>>
>stopped pirating years ago
>have supported all the releases related to things I previously pirated with a few odd exceptions I'll eventually cover anyway
feels good man
>>
>>35555775
That's bad luck I guess
>>
File: 1488849370470.jpg (424KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488849370470.jpg
424KB, 1280x720px
>>35555775
Only in America they arrest people too poor to pay fines but Americucks will defend this
>>
File: 1477384130336.jpg (158KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1477384130336.jpg
158KB, 1500x1500px
>>35555355
>get ordered to pay $ to court
>have no job / income

Is it contempt of the court if I have no money to pay them with and they know this?
>>
>>35555120
>going to jail
sounds like robot heaven, you'll get to pretend to be a femanon every day
>>
>>35555934
Yes. You've been ordered to pay an amount that the judge thinks is appropriate and now the burden is on you to fulfill the judge's order, no matter what you think of it. Failure to do so can be easily interpreted as contempt of court. It's not that you didn't pay the money, it's that you refused to do as a judge has told you to do.

Maybe your family will give you $1000 if you ask nicely and tell them you'll go to jail otherwise?
>>
File: 1440482262024.png (32KB, 655x650px) Image search: [Google]
1440482262024.png
32KB, 655x650px
>>35555826
>fuck the kikes, the haulocaust never happened"

This can be construed as hate speech and you can be arrested / face legal repercussion for it. Land of the free amirite?
>>
File: 1393862322746.png (215KB, 297x292px) Image search: [Google]
1393862322746.png
215KB, 297x292px
>pirated a ridiculous amount of movies/anime/games in the last few years
>ISP doesn't do a damn thing because they don't care about what I do online and just want me to keep paying for their service
Better start whoring yourself out on the streets to pay that fine, OP.
>>
>>35555239
Torrent is p2p you moron. You should be using one click hosters instead.
You don't get sued for downloads but for distribution and tormenting counts as distribution.
>>
>>35555991

not in america, only in shitty euro/canada can u be arrested for freedom of thot
>>
>>35556289
>you get literally arrested for misgendering people in New york
>people were arrested for manspreading

Muh land of the fries
>>
You 100% did not get caught for downloading whatever it is you were downloading.

This is lies,. You are a liar. im gay
>>
>>35556289
nope you're wrong, if your speech is offensive enough, you can be detained by the police in america
>>
File: Maybe Chechnya.jpg (390KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
Maybe Chechnya.jpg
390KB, 1024x682px
>>35556379

how does it feel to wake up every day knowing your government is only allowed to exist bc it bows to the USA's whims?

oh boy, wat a strange feel that must be, i will never know this feel... kek
>>
I've torrented countless movies and shows for like the last 8 years and I've been caught twice, both times my ISP just suggested I stopped doing it.

I didn't even know "fines" were a real thing
>>
>>35556621
Detained is not the same as arrested is not the same as imprisoned
>>
>>35556653
That's because OP is lying cum gargling faggot. Ok dipshit

1. They can't prove it was you unless they physically take your hardrive as evidence
2. There's only been a handful of people that have actually had to go to court for this and it was like 10 years ago
3. You're not some hardcore pirate you're just some idiot and they don't care about you
>>
File: smug.png (28KB, 225x239px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
28KB, 225x239px
>murica, land of the free
>>
>>35555991
Hate speech is not illegal here, only calls to violence and slander (of specific people) in extreme cases
>>
The "fines" may just be blackmail from a shady website. They may not have any evidence/intent to sue you. My friend got an email like that and he didn't pay it and nothing happened.

t. not a lawyer so don't take this as legal advice
>>
>>35556912
They really don't have to prove it was you. If you're the owner of a certain network you're responsible for whatever traffic goes through it. It's like you don't know what you're talking about.

I've gotten a letter in the past regarding torrenting.
>>
>>35555991
Pretty sure you can scream that all you want. Just don't be surprised if a bunch of Jews kick you around and the police deem it "fighting words." Those laws exist in my area at least.

But no, you're not going to get arrested here for that.
>>
>>35555930
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time, faggot.

Also,
>nigger detected
>>
>>35555345
lel
i got caught torrenting season 2 of legends of korra
please send help thx
>>
I've gotten caught twice. Both times I just had to give them a call to get them to turn my internet back on.

Sucks for you.
>>
>>35555120
just plug in another wifi point to your router when the cops show up and turn off the encryption.

blame the 12 year old kid next door for leaching net
>>
>>35557237
>wasn't even for anything good
You're better than this anon!
>>
>>35557001
Exactly. You get a scary letter or maybe even your internet service flagged and turned off but never fined or taken to court. That just doesn't happen.
>>
>>35557386
But we know that many people in the past have been sued. It doesn't happen often anymore but it is possible without how our laws work. I think.
>>
lol i just torrented saving private ryan 1080p
>>
>>35555256
how fucking retarded do you have to be if you are going to confirm that you got a letter for PIRACY

nigger just tape your fucking mailbox shut
>>
>>35555256
You had to of gotten caught 3 times before this. You did it to yourself for being full retard
>>
How the fuck can they prove you did it anyways, can't you just delete all the evidence and take it to court? Say someone hacked your WiFi
>>
Does this actually happens in America?
>>
>>35557596
The person paying the internet bill assumes responsibility of all traffic on their network when they accept the ISP's agreements. Theoretically you could go to jail even if someone hacked your computer.
>>
>>35555120
Being caught torrenting is a sure sign you're a normalfag who watches HBO shows and downloads shitty trap music and other trash because those are the files worth crawling to catch the largest volume of offenders.

You honestly deserve it just for shit taste alone.
>>
File: 188KB_of_keks.png (188KB, 637x431px) Image search: [Google]
188KB_of_keks.png
188KB, 637x431px
>>35555120

Only in america folks.

The amount of stuff i pirate is staggering, pretty much every single piece of digital property including the os itself is pirated on my pc. Never had a problem with it or anyone i know. In fact i only know this is a thing because of anons like you who share your stories.
>>
>>35555826
Why do Americans act like their country is the only one that allows people to speak their mind?
>>
>>35555120
If I hide my computer can I just keep downloading and then when I got caught just blame someone using my unsecured wifi?
>>
>>35557657
Hi germany!
>>
>>35555197
What ISP?
>>
>>35556555
Trips!!! Kek agrees, this is all bullshit, OP is a liar, and Anon is gay
>>
>tfw u've torrented over 2TB
>nobody cares

if you're gonna dl something that someone might want to fine u over just use a private tracker or some shit it's not hard.
>>
>>35557497
Yes it's possible. But you'd have to be the most unlucky person in the world to actually have a corporation spend thousands of dollars in legal fees and tie up the courts because you downloaded Zootopia off of the pirate bay or something.

They did it to send a message when piracy took off in the early 2000s and it did nothing to stop it. They learned their lesson and don't like spending money on pointless lawsuits
>>
>first started torrenting
>get assassins creed when it first released
>isp found out and sent a letter to the house
>mom gets the letter first
>doesn't understand anything but took away "my son ordered an assassin off the internet" and "two more strikes and we fine you = you have two more targets left until we send you the bill"
>>
File: 1459641575492.png (255KB, 770x711px) Image search: [Google]
1459641575492.png
255KB, 770x711px
I've been torrenting for over a decade and last year I managed to get TWO DMCA notices, 1 for Batman vs Superman and 1 for Suicide Squad. Both very mediocre movies. Luckily my ISP didn't take any action besides forwarding the notices from Warner Bros and I've continued onto pirating. However, I will not be pirating any more DC content even though they produce the best capeshit in town
>>
File: 1488170667099.png (532KB, 800x584px) Image search: [Google]
1488170667099.png
532KB, 800x584px
Corporations and companies can't just demand money from you, OP. Letters like that are 1000% memes meant to scare you. Only a court of law can demand monetary compensation and then only after you've been found guilty.
>>
>Only ever torrent JAV, Anime or Music.
>Never been caught

Or maybe Time Warner just doesn't' care.
>>
>>35557302
No they aren't.
That's why they got caught.
>>
File: Stalin_Joseph.jpg (314KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Stalin_Joseph.jpg
314KB, 600x800px
>be me
>not a retard
>use XDCC like the /oldfag/ that I am
>get reliable speeds
>contribute shit where I can
>never have to worry about DMCAfagging
>even if I have to resort to "torrenting", it's never an issue because I use private trackers and I don't watch mainstream bullshit
>and I always use a proxy / VPN
K
E
K

Who is this "torrenting"?
>>
I stopped torrenting without a vpn, it's getting too dangerous out there
>>
>>35557255

It happened to me for torrenting skyrim dlc and they just told me to delete it and turned my internet back on. I didn't delete it.
>>
I just stream putlocker. Torrenting is a waste of HDD space and I'm less likely to get bitched at by my ISP. Been streaming for years and not one peep.
>>
>>35555285
>movies are boring anyway
How do you get through this bleak and dismal life without the temporary immersion in a world not like your own
>>
>>35558822
>streaming
>using your shitty web browser's video player
>a waste of HDD space
lol.
Go to kissanime
Find random anime
Watch the OP

Now, go to horriblesubs.info, download the same anime however you want, and then open it up in mpv or mpc-hc and see the difference.

Can you even adjust the panscan in your web browser's player?
>>
>>35558500
>DCucks getting fucked again
Fucking rekt.
How does it feel knowing that both BvS and SS were trainwrecks and that even Ben Affleck is looking for a way out already
>>
>>35555120
>going to jail for downloading pixels
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.