[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>24 years old >never worked >no degree Should I just

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

File: 1468345383421.jpg (105KB, 677x590px) Image search: [Google]
1468345383421.jpg
105KB, 677x590px
>24 years old
>never worked
>no degree

Should I just kill myself? I'm not working on McDonalds no matter what.
>>
>>35553386
Go work at a factory.
Make bookoo bucks doing retard labor.
>>
>>35553479
this ain't the 50s bro. Most of that shit's been either automated or outsourced. Factory jobs ain't unskilled anymore, you need experience and certifications.
>>
>>35553386
If you know a little about computers you could try and pick up a A+ certification. Probably get you a tech support job atleast.
>>
>>35553541
Spoken like someone that's never applied at a factory.

Don't speak about subjects you know nothing about.
>>
>>35553386
Get a job working in a warehouse to start. It isn't humilliating cause you never have to interact with customers and the other workers are uneducated blue collar idiots without any other good opportunities, just like you. What I'm saying is that nobody you interact with will be able to look down on you. After a few months, you can get a job reference out of it and try something better.
>>
>>35553562
my cousin and his wife work at a factory and they make just slightly above min wage. i dont know where you live, but here factories are for immigrants and dumb asses
>>
Gas stations have low low standards so usually they're desperate to find someone to stay longer than a month.
>>
go to community college or a trade school.
>>
>>35553886
>factories are for immigrants and dumb asses
You ARE the dumbass to an employer you know. No degree means no cream.
>>
>>35554008
what are you arguing here about? i thought your point was that factory jobs pay well
>>
>>35554028
I'm not that guy, just saying that no college and no work experience means enjoy your mcjob. You dug yourself in this hole.
>>
>>35553541

nah my guy motor part factories pay good for 8 hour shifts of standing at a conveyor belt
>>
>>35553386

Just look up jobs in the work force they're actually quite a bit of really good ones that you could get by with a highschool degree i.e. electrician, blacksmith, locksmith, etc.
>>
>>35553386
get a degree through some sort of helping hand for retards programme
>>
Start feminizing yourself and come be my little faggot fuckboi maid.
>>
>>35554028
i checked your dubs
>>
>>35554116
>pay good
A couple dollars (maybe) above minimum wage, is good pay to you?? I'd rather not have to work in a warehouse with degenerates and illegals that barely speak a lick of English. Not to mention how depressing and shitty most warehouse work is. Makes you feel like a complete retard doing the most simple task that a monkey could do
>>
>>35553916
>tfw cant get a gas station job because theyre all full of indians who are only giving jobs to other indians
>>
>>35554672

Warehouse work is notoriously miserable. Fast food is also utterly terrible.

Go to CC/trade school. Try to find a shit-tier job in the meantime. No work history mean you're sort of fucked.

If you're legitimately an autistic retard, go get the bux and live the dream.
>>
>>35554721
I'm not OP. I found my career. Truck driving is a great choice for a robot. I barely have to deal with people, can listen to music all day, and make decent money.
>>
>>35553386
>McDonalds
implying they want you.
>>
>>35554672
I work at a stamping plant that makes car parts for seat belts. Pay is pretty good $22.25/hour, union, benefits, shift premiums and all the overtime you want to work. We are hiring people left and right(all unskilled jobs with the only requirement being a highschool diploma). We also are looking for skilled trades people left and right but that evidently requires some amount of schooling.

Jobs exist out there that are decently paying that don't require schooling you just need to know where to look and get lucky. Plus I'm in a small town in Canada so there is is 2 non-white people who work here.
>>
>>35554028
triggered lol kys
>>
it's not too late to learn programming
>>
>>35554672
>complete retard
But thats what you ARE
>>
>>35555117

>Canada
You get free everything up there. What do you even need a job for in Canada?
>>
>>35555117
>We are hiring people left and right(all unskilled jobs with the only requirement being a highschool diploma)
I'm still skeptical that they wouldn't look askance at someone in their late 20s with no evidence of work history or schooling for the past five years
>>
>>35555192
Welfare/Disability only pay like $500/month so kind of impossible to live on your own unless you want to eat exclusively from food banks. Plus factory work is comfy as fuck, get to tell people to fuck off all day can yell and be rude and obnoxious as you want. Not to mention there is something supremely satisfying about running a machine that can kill or serious maim you.
>>
>>35553386
jesus man, what did you during summers when you were in school?
>>
>>35553386
Sure, unless you're a chick. Just sell yourself and make big buckaroos.

>>35553559
an*

>>35554044
No it's societies fault. Don't him for not getting loans for college.

>>35555174
That's for the almond eyes and Tofu munchers

>>35555192
The best bet would be to buy cigarettes in bulk here and resell in Canada
>>
>>35555249
>Not to mention there is something supremely satisfying about running a machine that can kill or serious maim you.
That does not sound satisfying at all, anon. Not in the slightest. That sounds frightening and stressful.
>>
>>35555314
I mean, cars can seriously injure or kill you every time you get into one. I guess what I was trying to say is that running big machines is cool as fuck.
>>
>>35555174
except the market has reached saturation for freelance programmers
>>
File: 1450639640547.jpg (54KB, 540x472px) Image search: [Google]
1450639640547.jpg
54KB, 540x472px
>tfw 26 and never worked
>Didn't finish school
>Haven't done anything since 2012
>If I tried to get a job now I would have to explain what I've been doing between then and now
>>
>>35555371
>implying driving isn't frightening and stressful
Maybe it's better up in Canadia, but here in the People's Republic of Burgers we have some real maniacs on the highways.

>>35555412
I've never seen a solution to this problem that wasn't "Lie! You're a great liar, aren't you? Sure, we're all normies here, that won't pose any difficulty at all. I bet you have plenty of friends that will happily lie for you too, so you can just say one of them used to be your manager at ABC Corp or whatever, if they ask for references."
>>
>>35555117
>Canada
Opinion discarded
>>
>>35555412
at 26 I still had 3 solid years of NEET life ahead of me
those were the days...
>>
>>35555249

Just tell the government to give you more money; they'll probably do it. Also, it's Canada, so you could just steal things and threaten the cops when they bother you.
>>
>>35553386
I was in the same exact spot as you last year at the same age. Work in a factory or warehouse. They take anybody. I work with like 20 illegals.
>>
File: iktfb.jpg (38KB, 610x614px) Image search: [Google]
iktfb.jpg
38KB, 610x614px
>>35555412
i'll be 26 in a few months, have GED but NEET since 2010. don't think we're gonna make it unless we get hired at 1 of Trumps job factories
>>
>>35553386

substitute teacher is the easiest job I've ever had.

It's so easy I forget that I even did it for a few months actually. Find a poor district that needs subs really bad. If you have a diploma they'll take you.

I have a bachelor's and they called me within an hour of applying.
>>
>>35555779
the post literally says >no degree
>>
>>35554817
is truck driving stressful? I've heard stories about difficult requirements for getting to places by a certain time.
>>
>>35555779
what do you have a degree in? did you do well in college?
>>
>>35553386
>>24 years old
>>never worked
>>no degree
how does this happen
>>
>>35553559
Not OP but I have an a+ cert and all people want is experience.
>>
>>35554721
>warehouse is notoriously miserable

It's the ideal robot job. It doesn't require social skills and the labor gets you fit, and because it's miserable a robot shouldn't have trouble fitting in.

I unironically wouldn't mind staying at my warehouse job until I break my back of something cause then I can just collect disability gibmedats on top of the money I've saved and be a permaNEET.
>>
>>35557151
>and the labor gets you fit
that's the reason it's bad though, it's hard physical work.

An ideal robot job would be something where you can slack off at a desk and shitpost on your phone all day.
>>
>>35557201
Like the nighshift at a hotel?

Pretty sure those jobs are all taken by sluts who use their massive downtime to fuck Chads in the hotel rooms they didn't pay for.
>>
File: 1433195895670.jpg (48KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1433195895670.jpg
48KB, 499x499px
>Be 24
>Got a job filming and editing womens yoga, dance, zumba, twerk classes for promotional purposes
>its literally my fetish
>jerk off while editing
>Fresh OC every week

fucking love my life
>>
>>35553386
what have you spent all this time doing? i'm honestly curious, no judgement. spent the past 5 years working on a degree that i never finished anyway. tell me all about what i could have been doing instead
>>
>>35557465
Thats sad anon. Happy you enjoy your time though m8, good on ya i guess
>>
>>35557563
>He's living the dream
>"that's sad"
End yourself
>>
>>35555473
Yeah, I'm not really sure what to do.
I feel like the best option would be to do something myself that wouldn't rely on other people hiring me, like learning how to program to make a game or something or learning how to write scripts and just hope for the best.
I feel like if I have to rely on other people deeming me worthy as a person for a job I'd be completely fucked.
>>
>>35553386
If you don't want to work a shitty fast food, retail, or call center McJob then the way I see it your options without knowing what country you live in are:

1) military 2) start your own business 3) go back to school (doesn't have to be university necessarily, could be trade school or apprenticeship or something)
>>
>>35555412
I know this feel my dude
>25
>never worked
>never finished school past the 3rd grade
>never completed homeschooling
>have never had a job
>almost never leave my house

Mummy supports me and we get along well, but once she dies I'm 100% fucked. Don't know how to do adult things like pay bills, taxes, etc.

I'm going to try to write books and hope for the best.
>>
>>35557604
I guess i was just comparing his way of living to my own criteria of judging lifestyle. Youre right, if hes living the dream and hes happy livng in accordance of what he values, then I should just stfu and leave him in peace.
>>
File: 1489378254605.jpg (15KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1489378254605.jpg
15KB, 320x320px
>>35553386
I'm 25, going to be 26 in May. I was in partially in special ed and partially in mainstream classes throughout grade school. Started smoking weed everyday around 18 and dropped out of college after a few months. I've gone through more retail positions than I can count on my hands. I eventually went to a community college and earned a certificate in dental assisting. I need money to take the board exam, I'll get the x Ray certifications and start my career. I ended up in the hospital in September. Stalled my life out for a bit. I cannot find a job that suits me even in the slightest. I refuse to be a cashier. I refuse to work directly with people and their money. I refuse to work another stressful restaurant job. I've finally ran out of money I had received as a gift, so no more cannabis. Haven't really been able to sleep well or feel decent in weeks... Not really sure If that's permanent at this point. I was on anti depressants about 6 years ago but stopped taking them. Didn't really help with the anxiety. I'm starting to realise I've been finished for a long time. I gave up eons ago. I'm starting to somehow enjoy the suffering. I used to cry but now as it gets worse and worse, I can't help but have a good laugh.
>>
>24 years old
>never worked beyond simply chores at grannies house
>basic community college degree
I still feel fucked desu wish I'd had the initiative to get a job moment I hit the legal age because hot damn does it feel hard now since I have to drive to get anywhere and I'm terrified of driving
>>
File: 1426513792038.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1426513792038.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>35557918
Yeah. I really want my own place, and having to rely on social services or whatever seems fucking ass.
My uncle had some kind of retardation so he had that shit paid for him, it seemed like such a depressing life to me, never really having any money to spend etc.
Creative worth seems to be the one way out of neetdom. I've been intending to learn how to program atleast, just gotta find some energy somehow.
>>
>>35555779
>If you have a diploma they'll take you.
What if you dont hmm?
>>
Just live off the land in your backyard or some area off-road

Society is a psyops. Countries and governments don't physically exist
>>
File: th.jpg (44KB, 520x406px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
44KB, 520x406px
>>35558301
I feel the same,
25 no job used to use drugs everyday
I just gamble now, if I ever busted my bankroll I would be homeless
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.