[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much does the idea that you're going to die bother you?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: 1477362941586.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1477362941586.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
How much does the idea that you're going to die bother you?

If there's nothing after death and you won't be able to feel it, then what's the problem?

Edgelords "hurr I wish I was dead, death can't come soon enough" can stay away
>>
It comforts me actually. If there was no death all my fuckups would remain forever.

It's not like they will unhappen if I die, but at least it wont matter to me anymore.
>>
sometimes it just hits me that I'm alive, and I will die someday. makes me scared that I'm gonna spend my whole life being a scared virgin
>>
>>35540977
Well in a sense they will be undone. As you cease to live your universe pretty much stops existing
>>
File: Kaiji_27.png (598KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kaiji_27.png
598KB, 1200x720px
I have been thinking about death more than usual since I've finished college and there is nothing left for me to do but work until I die. This was accelerated by hearing that a friend from childhood had died recently (I haven't seen him in over a decade and he was younger than me. When I am fully awake, death doesn't seem scary to me. When I am about to go to sleep, the idea of nonexistence is horrifying to me.
>>
>>35540947
I guess the idea of me dying doesn't bother me that much, as I have little to no attachment to real life anyway: I know very few people aside from my parents, and I don't have any particular goal.
I still would not appreciate to know when I'll die, but as long as it comes to me with relatively little pain, I probably would feel fine about it. As for what happens "next", I have no clue, and I honestly don't really care: at that time, I feel like my consciousness would not be there anymore, and even if it is, does it really matter? I feel like life as we know it during that particular time is just a step in something bigger, but I don't want to go into spiritual bullshit here.

So in short, I would feel fine at the moment. Maybe in the future something will force me to care more about life, and if that happens, surely my assessment will change.
>>
>>35541065
Well put.

I'm OK with it. The thought of ever affording a life comparable to my fathers is alot more stressful now. Also dealing with my parents deaths.. since there's lots of funeral preparation. House clearance and things and having to deal with other people living in my childhood home.

I'm sort of Christian but i actually don't want and don't believe in an after life and even tho inevitability scares me I'm ok with being dead forever.
>>
>>35540947
>How much does the idea that you're going to die bother you?
Not at all, at least not as much as the very possible scenario that I will live a long time lonely, unfulfilled and sad.
>>
>>35540947
For the longest time I've 'known' I will die at 52 of heart failure. Not a bad age considering my life is shit.
>>
>>35541109
it should be the parents job to prepare their children for their own funeral
>>
Cuck orignals
>>
Anyone have a fear of their body decaying and maggots crawling in your guts and shit? I know you wouldn't feel anything but it still freaks me out the most about dying lol
>>
File: 1474934498003.gif (510KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1474934498003.gif
510KB, 400x400px
>>35540947
It's one of these threads again. Listen if you haven't opened your eyes yet and seen that the negatives HEAVILY outweigh the positives, you don't belong here. Edgelords as you call them are the only people that have awoken from the dream that we call reality. I yearn for the day I draw my last breath and bid farewell to this cruel and unforgiving world.
>>
File: 1489033294555.gif (190KB, 500x635px) Image search: [Google]
1489033294555.gif
190KB, 500x635px
>>35540947
It doesn't bother me. All things must come to an end, anon.
If you went on living forever you would eventually get tired or bored. Think of it a peaceful well deserved rest.

The only thing that's really scary is what will cause your death. Aneurysm? Cancer? Those are probably the worst ways to die.
>>
>>35540947

I don't have any problem with the idea of dying, my biggest problems is how, how I'm going to die, beyond that i don't care what happen or not with me.
>>
File: 8271506125.gif (969KB, 490x276px) Image search: [Google]
8271506125.gif
969KB, 490x276px
>>35543277
I think suffering from Alzheimer's is the worst
>slowly lose memory of who you are and everything and everyone you know
>don't even realize it's happening to you
>your mind is basically blank to whatever random idea it wants you to think
>slowly forget such basic functions like how to eat, shit and eventually breathe
>your brain basically becomes a fucking husk
i don't want to be old
>>
>>35543277
I like you anon

oraeeginnallllll commmmeeeeentttuhhh
>>
File: 1422561384644.png (93KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1422561384644.png
93KB, 645x773px
>>35540947
>How much does the idea that you're going to die bother you?
It gives me peace
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.