[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey Anon. We're going to go see that new movie The Crow,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: goths.jpg (239KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
goths.jpg
239KB, 600x399px
Hey Anon. We're going to go see that new movie The Crow, play some Vampire: The Masquerade, and smoke some clove cigarettes tonight.

You in?
>>
File: 1488491735072.gif (13KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1488491735072.gif
13KB, 633x758px
>>35532897
what? m-me? are you sure????
i mean um okay i g-guess
>>
>>35532897
my childhood friend was like this, it was interesting in highschool. Whenever I hung out with her and her friends I stuck out like no other. They were all in line to try on clothes at this goth store and the girl working there was joking with me and she brought up how she would hate to babysit a little sister and her weird friends...People would commonly think I was her older brother/caretaker
>>
sure as log as there is a bisexual orgy aterwards
>>
File: 1487420126523.jpg (500KB, 1745x1231px) Image search: [Google]
1487420126523.jpg
500KB, 1745x1231px
>You will never go back to the 90's
>>
File: Acen 1999-2.jpg (42KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Acen 1999-2.jpg
42KB, 600x400px
>>35533023

You should have joined in, bro. It's not like the goths were some esoteric secret society. Just buy some black clothes and borrow a Siouxsie Sioux CD and someone's copy of Lost Boys on VHS.
>>
>>35533027
Good. The 90s were awful for the average robot.

Most of us didn't have the internet, which means that instead of being alone in our room shitposting with cartoons of frogs, we just sat alone our room being bored out of minds with no escape.

All of the alternative cultures like punk and goth and metal were also stolen by failed Chads who were totallly into limp bizkit and blink 182 and deftones and stole all the not-fat chicks.

>in b4 I was 3 years old in the 90s and it was great.
>>
>>35533100
>lost boys
You dont know how much they were into that. same with my best friend is a vampire.

Being a goth just seemed like too much roleplay for me. Also the fake teeth really creeped me out. I was a socal surfer dude. Shorts, flip flops, and tank tops.
>>
>>35532897

Fuck yeah. I wish I was that token Asian kid.
>>
>>35533142
>too much roleplay
I mean it depends what kind of goth.

Tradgoth in the 90s was mostly a "le wrong generation thing", the hot ticket at the time was Rivetheads or industrial goths, and also of course mallgoths.

Although you could find vampire fags in any one of those subgroups.
>>
>>35533114
>>35533114

I don't remember anyone being a total NEET in those days. You had to work part-time at least to get entertainment money since you couldn't just sit on YouTube. Even the nerdiest people I knew had some friends.

The days of paying hourly for internet access were brutal though. Some of my friends racked up massive bills for their families.
>>
And we'll listen to Lacuna Coil and Switchblade Symphony and play vampire Hunter.
>>
>>35533212
industrial goths have the most fun though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=207&v=cNAdtkSjSps

but they're also the most flamboyant and superficial
>>
>>35533212
true true. There were too many different groups of them. I havent seen a group of them in the wild in forever.
>>
And we'll read Anne rice to each other.

Let's rewatch interview with the vampire.
>>
That's me . Hey. I'm the token Asian kid in this group.

Hey. This is me.
>>
>>35533216
I said robot, not NEET.

I worked part time at a grocery store, some of my friends were already working full-time and living on their as soon as they graduated high school.

The one kid in our group of friends who never had a job until he was like 20 something years old was also the only kid to have internet at home and had his parents buy him everything.

Most of us without internet just wandered around on our bikes, those of us who even knew how to ride a bike, or we just threw rocks into the river or set shit on fire in the woods or read books from the library. I spent one summer doing almost nothing but reading Stephen King.
>>
Can we just stay home and watch Labyrinth on VHS or something? I'm broke.

Also, who has my Sandman comics? I'd like those back.
>>
>>35533326

Really?

Stories or proof would be awesome.
>>
>>35533422

Metaphorically. I'm not him, but I was like him.
>>
>>35533260
Yeah, I live in a major city and we had a whole bunch of goth/alternative clubs downtown back in the day. I did some regrettable things back there in the mid 2000s.

I looked them up a few years ago and they're all shut down except for the one big one that has been open since the 80s and is too big to fail. It's for all types of punk, metal, goth, indie, hardstyle techno, etc.

They peaked around that time before the mainstream teen culture warped into "emo" and then "scene" by the late 2000s, and then they were just regular kids listening to Skrillex.

Goths still exist, but they're a small % of what they once were.
>>
what the hell clove cigs? what? is it tobacco with clove flavor
>>
>>35532897

Middle-left: Reminds me of a girl I knew who was really sweet/outgoing but had a lot of mental issues. Single mother now.
Bottom-left: Super qt. I wonder what her ethnicity is.
Tophat/fedora: Looks like a total dipshit.
Wavy hair: Super gay.
Bottom-right: Guessing she's rich now. Looks very determined and has Stacy facial features.
>>
File: 1463813975735.jpg (49KB, 413x449px) Image search: [Google]
1463813975735.jpg
49KB, 413x449px
>>35532897
>that footslut on the right
>>
>>35533478
>what the hell clove cigs? what? is it tobacco with clove flavor

Yeah pretty much, it's a mix of mostly tobacco with some clove.

Here's a sad song about it that kids used to listen to back in the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_gIDrgzxXo
>>
In the last week I've realised I might be goth

>smoked djarum blacks til govt banned them
>ex-Vampire LARPer
>into Anne Rice, Clive Barker, old-school guro
>mainly go to noise shows
>wore all black for multiple years
>right now wearing creepers & oversized pastel cross

There are tons of people around who would be considered goth if it was the mid 80s-mid 00s but it feels like without the "goth scene" (clubs, stores, etc) there are no real goths.
>>
File: Sad-Frog-Meme-Gun-041.jpg (19KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Frog-Meme-Gun-041.jpg
19KB, 400x388px
>>35533587
IF ONLY PURE SWEETNESS WAS OFFERED THEN WHY'S THIS BITTER TASTE LEFT IN MY MOUTH
IF I COULD CATCH MY BREATH JUST TO EXHALE, I'D KNOW THAT I HELD IT IN FOR TOO LONG

WHOA X 15
>>
>>35533652

>ex vampire larper

Bruh
>>
>>35532897
NO! The last time you guys invited me to go see a movie you all ditched me.
>>
>>35533240
Damn I miss listening to switchblade symphony
>>35533382
the fuck like nobody over 20 rode a fucking bike anywhere anyone I knew around the 90's that couldn't afford a car was probably getting jumped for walking around anyway
I was just a snot nosed kid in the 90's
>>
>>35533868
>he fuck like nobody over 20 rode a fucking bike anywhere anyone I knew around the 90's

In the 90s, my groups of friends and I were 17 at the oldest, at the turn of the millennium.
>>
>>35532897
1000% in.

>tfw was never part of this scene but realize as a wizard that you should not turn down ANY social interaction when offered
>>
>>35533027
Man what a waste of genes... This guy had such handsome facial features... All diluted by fatness and ungroomed fur...
>>
>>35533652
I like some goth shit but i never liked goth music except christian death. I was and still am a metalhead. My hair is still long and i wear black daily. But it seems like all the cool subcultures are dead or extremely small and in certain areas that i'll never find people like that to hang with.
>>
>>35533114
There were no such things as true robots back then. Not like there are now at least.
>>
>>35533970
I was around 15 then. Usually hung around with a few friends or friends of friends usually older around that age group. If you didn't have a car around the 2000's girls would think you're a fag. Guys too unless you were drinking buddies.

>>35534177
Yes there was. Some kids never grew out of it they just never showed up online identifying themselves because they thought(correctly) they'd probably just get bullied more.
>>
>>35534177
>There were no such things as true robots back then. Not like there are now at least.

get the fuck out.

Back then you were truely isolated.

You weren't connected to your online Steam friends 24 7 to play games together. Most of us didn't even have the internet until the turn of the century and the few that did could only have a few hours everyday at most. Some of us didn't even have video game consoles or a computer.

"robots" these days are constantly talking to other robots on voice chat apps or chatting with each other through Steam or even just this board. They're never really alone, not for a minute.
>>
>>35532897
Tfw still play Vampire the masquerade
>>
>>35534233
>If you didn't have a car around the 2000's girls would think you're a fag

Maybe where you lived and your social circles, but I lost my virginity by 2000, and rode the bus & train everywhere. It was the punk rock thing to do, sit in the back and drink shitty 40s of beers.
>>
>>35534297
>2000
2002*

I mean not that it matters because normie ree get out
>>
>>35534297
Probably was just where I lived. Around the early 2000's on buses people would ignore me cause I was listening to my disc player or try to jump me.
Girls always went for the dudes with cars. I only really only met so many girls cause some of my friends had cars so I could third wheel and get hooked up with drivers girls friends most of the time.
>>
>>35532897
>chance to get a qt goth gf

Yeah I'd partake in their faggotry
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.