[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've heard this is where the failures hang out. Personal

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: Stoicism - Marcus Aurelius.jpg (631KB, 3240x2102px) Image search: [Google]
Stoicism - Marcus Aurelius.jpg
631KB, 3240x2102px
I've heard this is where the failures hang out.

Personal Blog time, friends.

I'm 29. I had one serious relationship that ended 6 years ago and I still think of her nearly every day. I live alone, I have no friends. I have no money. I got sick of working shitty labor intensive nothing jobs so I quit and I won't go back to one no matter what. I got sick of the physical strain, the way everyone talks down to you and how you have to answer to them, your opinion and time don't matter, etc. They just add hours to your day for their mistakes, etc. No one cares. So i'm a welfare baby for now. I'm 285lbs, 5'8", I cant find the motivation to do anything. I've got a plan to get everything back on track, but I find it hard to commit.

Life just doesnt seem worth living. I've always been above average intelligence, I did okay in school but didnt further my education and instead fell into a well of entry level nothing jobs. I dont own anything. I feel like I can turn this all around but I dont seem to have the willpower to push forward. If I dont see instant results in anything I try then I give up. Sometimes I cant sleep, sometimes I sleep most of the day. Video games have ruined my life up to this point. I've spent countless thousands of hours playing them. I've come to not even enjoy games anymore. They feel like nothing, it's not the same as it used to be. Now the only thing I enjoyed I dont enjoy anymore and I still cant do anything but play games all day.

I want to get out of this. Im sure I can pull it off.

Is there any way out of this /r9k/?

Is there hope for me?

How do I better myself and where do I start?
>>
File: 1485506342870.jpg (20KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1485506342870.jpg
20KB, 500x375px
>>35526674
Very little response to this thread. First off, stop coming here. Its your best bet. Second, try and find a decent job. Get into better shape (unless that 285 is pure muscle, which I doubt) and get a talent other than sitting around being a god king at halo. Third, whatever money you get put in the bank. Take out enough to live off of, pay for a bit of leisure, and the rest foes away, at least 50% is my goal. Fourth, and likely the hardest yet most crucial step in this plan, is to get a strong supporting group of friends, whether they be work buddies or just guys at the bar, get some dads that can help you out if need be, get close, ham it up. Humans are social animals, and as such, they should be social (who woulda thought)
Fifth, and this is only if you feel lucky, find a life partner (preferably a significant other of the opposite gender.) good luck ok.
>>
Im 25, and in a similar situation if you telescoped everything

>last gf was 6 months ago
>slowly lost social life over the past few months
>work as a merchandiser for 16/hr
>have a useless polisci degree and 40k of debt

I stared off overnight stocking at target for 8 months. I have no idea how i went that long, but I just learned to become numb to everything. I applied for the current position im in now and got hired. Transitioned directly from target to this job.

Im gonna try to become a sales rep when this job gets cut in august. Being a liqour sales rep would be a dope job. I'm gonna continue to leech off my parents untill my student debt is paid off (hopefully by 2018-19)

Research what would conceivably be the next step in the hierarchy of the jobs you used to work. You're also gonna have to learn to embrace the suck.

>sick of physical strain
>the way everyone talks down to you
>you have to answer to them
>opinion doesnt matter

Tough shit. You have to "stay down untill youre up" so to speak. Id sell your vidya ( i dont have one). I endure that daily and am amused by it. They're equally as cucked as i am but just get paid more. The CEO and top execs are the only guys who aren't cucked in any business arrangement.

So in summation:
>stop playing video games
>tough shit
>embrace the suck
>learn to suffer
>become numb

When my job gets cut, I'm gonna go to thailand for a week for obvious reasons. In the meantime, I'm just gonna work 50 hrs a week to get overtime pay on top of fulltime hours, so I can pay off my student loans
>>
>>35527013
>>35527022

Cheers boys, thanks for that. You wouldnt believe how much better it feels just to have someone acknowledge this shit.

I really agreed with everything both of you said and already feel a little bit of motivation swelling in my mid section.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.