[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watching The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies >deus ex

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1866.jpg (15KB, 200x192px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1866.jpg
15KB, 200x192px
>watching The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies
>deus ex machina by The Eagles
>AGAIN
Really Tolkien? You're such a hack.
>>
File: --F6TrVM.jpg (32KB, 400x400px)
--F6TrVM.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
The eagles aren't really meant as a solution, the heroes of the stories have to overcome their problems on their own. The giant eagles originally were meant as a guardian of life, mitigating unnecessary bloodshed, basically what the Ents were to trees, but for animals (and humans by extension).
>>
>>35526224
>the eagles weren't a solution
Everyone would've died if it wasn't for the eagles. They turned the tide of the battle. Don't give me that bullshit.
>>
>>35526066
>Children's book writer writes himself into a corner and comes up with a shitty ex machina to solve it

What a surprise
>>
The eagles aren't just gonna let Sauron go where the fuck he wants. They're like dragons but good
>>
>>35526066
>watching
There's your problem
>>
>>35526368
>read shoddy fanfic
I can do that whenever I want. I'd rather read a book by someone with talent.
>>
Fact: Tolkien wrote The Hobbit and LoTR as a children book. Was never meant to be deep or even good for that matter. I regret getting talked into watching all 3 Hobbit films on release night. Total trash a lot of it is.
>>
>>35526291
Like for the Ents, the small events of their time had little interest for them. I don't remember how it was portrayed in the movie, but I don't see how the book implies that the Eagles were essential in winning the battle. As far as I read it, the other factions could have done it without, it would just have been much more bloodier, as it was in LOTR. So the eagles weren't essential to winning the battle, the elves/men/dwarves had to set aside their quarrels to unite and make noble sacrifices. Only that made them worth preserving in the first place.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.