[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>just be yourself Why don't people believe this works?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

File: a3a.jpg (29KB, 636x357px) Image search: [Google]
a3a.jpg
29KB, 636x357px
>just be yourself
Why don't people believe this works? Why don't you become the person you want to be and be proud of being that person?
>>
File: holy NEET.jpg (95KB, 409x500px) Image search: [Google]
holy NEET.jpg
95KB, 409x500px
>>35525957

I am the person I want to be. That person happens to be a NEET shitposter who lives with his parents.
>>
>>35525957
Seriously. Like, who else are you gonna be? Lol
>>
>>35525957
If you become a different person then YOU'RE NOT BEING YOUR FUCKING SELF.
>>
You r9k fucks ruined me. You guys are evil monsters!
>>
File: 1471566284707.png (932KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1471566284707.png
932KB, 1920x1080px
>>35525991
>parents tell me I can come back home and NEET it up so long as I get a degree
>>
>>35526016
Why is self improvement bad? Wtf
>>
>>35525957
I have no dream, hero or goal. I'm myself.
>>
>>35526016
By that logic, are you not being yourself because you're different than who you were when you were 5? You changed in ways that you wanted, but that doesn't mean you're not you.
>>
>>35525957
Becoming the person I want to be is too much effort, since I'm a lazy fuck. Being my self is being a lazy fuck, who is also not who I want to be.

Therefore fuck off.
>>
File: normals please leave.png (87KB, 1338x494px) Image search: [Google]
normals please leave.png
87KB, 1338x494px
>>35525957

>jus b urself xd
>but don't be yourself because the person you are isn't who other people want you to be
>and actually you shouldn't want to be yourself either, you should want to be someone else
>really, the person you are is garbage and you should change to be someone you aren't
>but you know, be yourself

kill yourself
>>
>just b urself and people will like you naturally!
>>
>>35526175
If you don't like yourself, why would anyone else like you?
>>
>>35526423

That sounds like a non-sequiter. How would other people know if I liked myself or not? Can they read minds? Many people commit suicide because of self-hatred. Many of these people have significant others. How do you explain that?
>>
>>35526159
>you should change to be someone you aren't
According to whom? You? Do YOU want to change anything about yourself? If yes, do it. If not, don't listen to normie propaganda.
>>
>>35526448
Because if you have things about you that you don't like, other people probably don't like those things either. They may not be able to tell what they are, but they can usually sniff out when someone doesn't love who they are.
>>
>>35526448

As someone with previous crippling self-confidence issue, I can tell you it's something that you can almost smell off of a person. I know because, now, having been through with these issues, I can "smell" it of of others.

It's an overall behavior and set of patterns. Someone who apologize a lot, someone who is afraid of taking space, someone who is afraid to argue, someone who obviously run away from confrontation.

When you respect yourself and have self-confidence, you fight back, you're not afraid to voice your opinion or be loud. Even if you are not a loud person, it's just about not being afraid of raising your tone or speaking louder than others.

You know, there are a shitload of different ways you can make an accurate profile of someone's personality without them telling you the full tale of their life.
>>
>>35526423
>>35526479
>>35526530

This is pretty ironic because I don't like myself very much at all, and even I still have a small handful of close friends who've stuck by me for close to 15 years.
>>
>>35526555

It's "ironic" because the self-dislike being a reason for loneliness is silly. They moved the goalposts by saying it's not self-hatred, it's character flaws. But then it becomes too ambiguous to be useful.

>People don't like you because you have certain flaws

NO SHIT
>>
>>35526555
Why don't you like yourself, pham?
>>
I like being myself. My problem is that being myself makes me very incompatible with the people around me and it makes me lonely.
>>
>>35526694
Same. Love myself, but hate normies.
>>
>>35526632
>got a new job and naturally feel like having a panic attack on an hourly basis despite constantly reminding myself I don't know why I feel this way. It's not a matter of getting used to things I got this job a year ago and my blood pressure has been consistently high since then.
>quiet, unemotional, flat effect. Even my close friends say I don't talk.
>went bald by 19.
>have nasty fetishes and almost performed auto erotic asphyxiation dozens of times and I feel like just finishing the job one of these days. It's the only way I've gotten off.
>I have zero aspirations and I never know what I actually want when I make any decision involving myself
>feel like an observer rather than an agent just floating through life. Experience intense depersonalization occasionally when I sleep.
>feel subhuman as a result.

That about sums it up.
>>
>>35526826
If you have zero aspirations, why would making decisions be hard? If both options seem equal, you can legit just pick the one that has the potential for a greater reward.
>>
>>35526907
I don't think about making decisions for personal reward. I don't deserve anything.
>>
Bee thineself is cancerous because it assumes all people are equally socially competent and discourages people from trying to improve their personalities.
>>
File: 1393145769185.png (10KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1393145769185.png
10KB, 500x500px
>"just be yourself!"
>but I hate myself
>"stop being a negative nancy, anon!"
>>
>>35527020
Fine. B the U that you wanna be.
>>
>>35526963
You may feel that way but once you realize that nobody has the "right" to deserve anything because life is chaotic and doesn't assign any purpose to anyone, you might feel better. Know you aren't alone and if you need to, make existence itself your foe. It's not your fault. It's circumstance we all face and it's unfair to all who have had the short end of the stick.
>>
>>35527091
This post triggers repubIicans.
>>
>>35527044
This is precisely the attitude people need. People cannot control the vast majority of things that happen in their lives but one of the few things people can do is try to improve their lot, even if it means swimming against the stream.
>>
>>35527109
Because they're naive theocrats who, in their own hubris, believe that God actually has control over this world, or is it because they're the more blatant corporate shills of the two parties?
>>
>>35527147
I think the whole believing in God helps them feel superior while claiming they're no different than anyone else.
>>
>>35527175
I'm a Christian. Being religious should not mean having a superior attitude who thinks they know better than others who have actually experienced the things the "Biblical experts" have not. They always seem to conveniently ignore how "do onto others" is to be taken at more than face value. It should be seen as "Do onto others what you would do to yourself in that exact situation under that exact circumstance and background." Self-righteousness is a cancer and the Catholic Church made pride a cardinal sin early on. It's only human to err but I strongly dislike hypocrites who wear a veil that says "righteousness" made of false and flimsy cloth.
>>
>>35526031
>NEET
>degree
are you retarded by any chance ?
>>
>>35527272
Personally, I think that religion in itself makes people think they're unequal. The fact that some people go to a higher plane after death whereas others suffer because of choices we make here is horrible in my eyes.
>>
File: 1446972620335.jpg (65KB, 1194x674px) Image search: [Google]
1446972620335.jpg
65KB, 1194x674px
>>35527551
I'm talking about after I get the degree, numb nuts.
>>
File: 1386390734662.jpg (18KB, 400x528px) Image search: [Google]
1386390734662.jpg
18KB, 400x528px
>>35527272
>I'm a Christian
explain how god can have a will if he is a perfect being
>>
>>35527551
It's hard as fuck to get a job even with a fucking degree. Staying at home and not trying to get a job though is a mistake. Hopefully he's getting a degree that can help with government work.
>>
File: 5.jpg (13KB, 242x224px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
13KB, 242x224px
>>35527607
my nuts are far from numb
>>
>>35527631
we'll all be drone pilots in 20 years anyway
>>
>>35527595
I agree. I'm a believer out of pragmatism. I don't want to risk myself being one of the unlucky majority who just happened to be born into the wrong circumstances to make them believe the "wrong" things. All I can do is pray that God eventually forgives everyone because they're all victims of this world and of Satan.
>>
>>35527631
Political science. Unironically the best degree for government work.
>>
>>35528724
It depends on what you're getting into. A ton of stuff is administrative and doesn't involve politics.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.