[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets settle this once and for all: Is "smart but lazy"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

Lets settle this once and for all:
Is "smart but lazy" a meme or is "smart but lazy meme" a meme?
>>
Stop calling everything a meme. The term "smart but lazy" is just a shitty excuse parents come up with to explain why their child isn't preforming well in school but can grasp concepts easily. They just don't want to feel like they birthed a retard.
>>
It's definitely real and not just a meme, but there's too many people who use it as a scapegoat.
>>
Its real in a sense because while true, you dont see many smart people get lazy until they hit a certain point where their work guides itself and they're no longer needed to be there watching it.
>>
Being lazy makes you stupid. Period.

If you think you're smart use your time productively and seek out your goals.
>>
>>35524320
this. the smartest people I know don't go on and on about how smart they are. some of them are pretty lazy though. a true smart but lazy person wouldn't call themselves smart but lazy
>>
It happens. Just not on the scale that so many defensive parents would have you believe.
>>
>>35523632
Depends on if you consider book knowledge to equal being smart
>>
Smart people are smart enough not to be lazy because its not smart to be lazy

If someone is claiming to be smart but lazy its bs because if he would be smart he would know whats best for him
>>
>>35524380
intelligence is a pretty rigid characteristic, anon. not much you can do to change your intelligence other than drugs and straight brain damage. you can learn more stuff and garner a kind of contrived intelligence, but your ability to quickly grasp and add to the subjects you learn is limited by nature. I invite anyone who disagrees with this to teach a dog to speak english
>>
>>35524477
Doesn't matter if you have 25 IQ or 150IQ if you don't push your self to succeed

You can have a hard time understanding concepts and still find a way to make your self useful and be considered smart
>>
>>35523632

>Smart buy lazy
means that you get good grades without putting much effort into it.

But people use it to justify their poor academic performance.
>>
>>35523632
Intelligent people aren't just intelligent. There better at everything including managing their time. Smart but lazy is pretty rare and nonexistent. Lazy is something stupid people do because they can't think more than 5 minutes ahead. That's why their lives are o miserable
>>
File: 1489219348885.gif (499KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1489219348885.gif
499KB, 300x250px
>>35523632
Do you, personally, acknowledge the existence of people who have high IQ's, but underachieve in life? I'm sure that you do, because they most certainly exist.

Having said that, do many people who AREN'T actually smart use "smart but lazy" as an excuse? Absolutely. There's more of them than there are actual smart but lazy people.

It's NOT just a meme, but it's often a meme simply due to people protecting their fragile egos. If they didn't exist in at least some capacity, it wouldn't have become a meme to begin with.
>>
If you're truly, truly smart but lazy, you'd be smart enough to figure out how to be quite successful without taking up too much time.

So if you're not at least moderately successful, you cannot be 'smart but lazy'
>>
>>35524918
OK, make that smart and very lazy then
>>
>>35524606
/thread

Oregon trail 1234 anal cavity
>>
>>35523632

It's real. Advanced learners can either:
Use their intellect to push themselves ahead of their peers or
Use their intellect to cut corners and do less work than their peers
>>
Smart but lazy is definitely a thing. Everyone knows or is that guy who gets A's despite putting in very little effort. It carries over to work too. The guy who just seems to breeze through. Smart but lazy is another word for intuition.

By building a solid base of knowledge and having a little critical thinking ability anyone can be smart but lazy.

I'm sure iq is part of it, a big part. Iq can't be changed though so it's not worth examining by those who want what I have. I don't feel like I'm working when I strive for my goals. When you are interested in what you're doing it marinates in the back of your mind and occasionally pops up as inspiration. Seeing connections where other see two unrelated things is essential.
>>
Reminder that the only accurate judge of intelligence is IQ. The idea that it isn't accurate is only pushed by brainlets and leftists who are mad that it doesn't show minorities in a good light.

Thus, if you have a high IQ but are an underachiever, you are smart but lazy.
>>
>>35524562

It makes a huge difference. 25iq is profoundly retarded, like how does she remember to breathe retarded. They will never amount to anything. 150iq is high enough it can't be reliably measured. They would be able to do most anything with ease effort is important, but I'd say it matters when looking at results,what actually matters. You get special Olympics bragging rights for doing something easy while retarded, but that doesn't make the results any more or less useful.

A better comparison is -1 and +1 SD. A person with 85 can still function, support themselves, and be good at their job. They'd never become a physician or engineer though. Effort can only get you so far before you redline.
>>
>>35523632
If someone was actually smart and lazy they would still make good grades, and people wouldn't even know they're lazy.
>>
>>35524918
I work 3 days a week and make 60k. Overtime is available if I want it. I'm doing alright for myself. Half the night I'm shitposting. All my job requires is staying up all night and having basic math and time management skills.

Smart but lazy is best tier.
>>
File: 5643278067820946.png (116KB, 326x311px) Image search: [Google]
5643278067820946.png
116KB, 326x311px
>>35526036
I was able to bring up all my grades to passing in less than a week before the deadline, does that count? I had a literal 0% in my math class.
>>
>>35524562
>useful

Lol what a spook, go back to red*it you brain dead low iq turd
>>
>>35526036

They'd definitely know they were lazy. It shows unless you bother to hide it, which I don't. When I was in school I only cared about getting that A. Maybe it was cruel but I actually enjoyed the fact that I got my A while fucking around while the ones who actually care struggled to get a B.
>>
It is possible to be both smart and lazy as these two traits are not mutually exclusive, some people are just naturally inclined to be intelligent.

Most people, however, just use 'being lazy' as an excuse for their own shortcomings and stupidity.
>I could be getting good grades and doing all this great stuff and the only reason I'm not is because I'm lazy (i.e. choosing not to do it)
In most cases this is bullshit, but at the end of the day, people have to justify themselves somehow or another or we'll all just end up killing ourselves.
>>
>>35523632
I think that the "smart" in "smart but lazy" simply means autistic. When I was a kid my parents told me I was smart all the time, look where all that intelligence brought me. I was never smart, I only had those typical autistic traits (talking like an adult, making profound aka autistic observations and so on)... And of course I was lazy in school, I couldn't care less.
>>
>>35526133
Yeah, but colleges and employers don't know that you're lazy when you have A's in your classes.

And also it did feel pretty good in 12th grade when in my AP calc class our teacher would say who got the highest score on quizes and tests and I would often get the highest with minimal effort.
>>
I would get A's in school without studying or even really showing up to class but I never went to college or did any social activities, hence smart but lazy

If you actually got below C's in high school youre fucking retarded, you aren't "smart"
>>
>>35526245
Yeah, most highschool classes can be passed with an A just by doing the hw and classwork.
>>
>>35523632
"Smart but lazy" equals "High enough IQ to skate through elementary and high school easily but not high enough IQ to do anything really intellectual and wasn't prepared for real life"
>>
I'm a literal autist on disability check so I get paid despite being lazy. This is kinda how I imagine being smart but lazy is like. Do nothing, everything works out anyways.
>>
I graduated college with a BS in mechanical engineering and physics without trying with a 4.0 GPA. I'm lazy as fuck though and always stalled until the last miute to do assignments.

Because you are an idiot and had to actually try doesn't make it a meme.
>>
>>35526442
Yeah, but you did actually do the assignments to be fair. Some people use "smart but lazy" as an excuse when they don't even bother doing the work in the first place.
>>
I'm the only smart person in the world. Everyone but me is an idiot. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>35526356

You forgot the part where it means skating by through college and career effortlessly too. There is life beyond high school ya' goof.
>>
>>35526539

That's easy. Quantify your smartness, compare with others, then prove you wrong or right. I can't be arsed though, too smart but lazy.
>>
>>35523632
No it's not a meme.
A person's aptitude does not reflect their knowledge.
>>
It's not a meme. There is a difference between innate abilities and performance. This can be seen in a variety of psychological assessment measures... but the fact remains that they are correlated. People with a lot of inherent abilities typically do preform better and learn more information since it generally comes easier to them. People who claim they are smart but lazy might be, but it's usually indicative of them having other problems and using that term to safeguard thier self esteem due to being aware of thier lack of performance.
>>
>>35523632
of course its not a meme you dumb nigger, thet doesnt change the fact that brainlets use it as an excuse. im uber autismo with an 170+ iq if that counts as "smart" but ive wasted my entire life because of laziness. improving my life and getting of my ass now, things are looking up.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.