[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>know how to be happy and live a fulfilling life >literally

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (491KB, 532x684px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
491KB, 532x684px
>know how to be happy and live a fulfilling life
>literally 0 (ZERO) motivation and will power to take action

Where can i purchase will power? I want to escape this shitty lifestyle but i cannot get myself to do it no matter how hard i try.
>>
I would also like some willpower, please.
>>
>>35520354
Try this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/getdisciplined/comments/1x99m6/im_a_piece_of_shit_no_more_games_no_more_lies_no/cf9dz72/

I've gone from being totally undisciplined and unmotivated to having a 5 week streak of studying, guitar playing, meditation and a good bedtime routine.
>>
>>35520400

Looks like some good stuff there. Thank you
>>
>>35520949
No problem, shit has changed my life. If I could give you a tip, it would be to start super small. All my cards are 'do ... for 10 mins' when applicable, it's such a small goal that it's easy to do everyday just to get those X's. The main goal is to build habits, not do as much as you can everyday. 10 mins anon.
>>
>>35521256

Definitely a cool idea. May also adapt it to quit smoking/drinking
>>
>>35521783
>May also adapt it to quit smoking/drinking
A lot of people do that, it can definitely work! Try not to go too fast though.

Some clarification, when I say '10 mins' I don't necessarily mean just do 10 mins then stop (though if you want to then go ahead), I just mean to get those 10 mins no matter what, then if you want to carry on (which happens all the time) then you carry on until you feel like stopping.
>>
>>35522127

That's a good approach. I can see how the 10 minutes thing gets you moving without making it too intimidating.

As for quitting something, it looks like what they are doing is having a check box for each day you don't do it. Seems like a good reminder.
>>
>>35522667
>As for quitting something, it looks like what they are doing is having a check box for each day you don't do it.
Yeah that is a good system if you can stick to it, however I've noticed that some people tend to fail with the 'all or nothing' approach. If you find yourself succeeding frequently by having a 'no smoking at all' card then by all means keep going, but don't be afraid to lower your goal to make it easier if you're failing.
>>
>>35520111
How can I live a happy and fulfilling life?
>>
>>35523127
>some people tend to fail with the 'all or nothing' approach.

True. I was thinking about starting with "no more than two to three drinks per day" or something like that. I know for some people that's a lot, but recently I've been having a lot more, and I want to cut back. Also the smoking thing is more tempting after a few drinks.
>>
>>35523145

See:
>>35520400

>inb4 rebbit
It's worth a read.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.