[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm curious, robots: What is the state of your financials?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1423204023366.jpg (33KB, 394x388px) Image search: [Google]
1423204023366.jpg
33KB, 394x388px
I'm curious, robots: What is the state of your financials?

>How old are you
>Do you have a job
>What does it pay
>What do you do with your money

I'm 21 and just set up a Roth IRA tonight. Feeling pretty good man
>>
>25
>work for Uncle Benny on the benefit
>fuck all, cheap govt
>drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, occassionally food
>>
>>35509159
Why Roth, why not traditional IRA?
>>
>>35509224
Because apparently, according to my tax jew, it's better for small amounts. Like I said, I'm 21, and putting about 1,000 away a year into this account.

He said you switch to a traditional IRA towards the end of your working years and pull some trickery to not pay rich person's taxes, but still be rich.

it was kind of neat actually. My family has been using this guy for years, and since I'm not doing anything with my money, I thought why not get myself settled for the long run?
>>
>22
>engineer
>about 60,000
I spend very little and I'll probably die a rich man at 23.
>>
>27
>Technical writer
>70k
>I save it in a Roth, like you.
>>
>>35509257
So the thing with Roth IRA's is that they pay off over traditional if you have a higher tax rate when you retire, which is usually not the case (assuming income tax rates stay the same). I would need to look into it more and do the math out a bit, but there are cases when a Roth IRA can be traditional (such as if you buy mostly low dividend, high capital appreciation stocks and hold them for the long time).

Regardless, a fun fact I'd that if you retire at 65, every dollar you put in today will be approximately 7x as high when you start withdrawing if you invest in a stock market index
>>
31 and spent $125k of my savings the last year

I was suicidal
>>
>>35509159

>How old are you
>Do you have a job
I did, then I got laid off. Now I collect unemployment insurance.
>What does it pay
$266/week
save it mostly. Sometimes I buy beer.
>>
>How old are you
>Do you have a job
Yes
>What does it pay
15/hr
Booze, drugs, and fast food
>>
>>35509754
oh, and cigarettes of course; can't forget those
>>
yes
37/hour plus 50 a day for live-out
mostly throw it into my portfolio
>>
>How old are you
>Do you have a job
no
>What does it pay
N/A
drink until forced to become homeless
>>
>>35509855
wtf do you do? How do you make that much?
>>
File: 1469961912511.jpg (488KB, 1538x2050px) Image search: [Google]
1469961912511.jpg
488KB, 1538x2050px
>22
>work for mummy and daddies business
>$20 AUD an hour
>"work" 10 hrs a week
>video games, miniatures for historical wargaming, LDR gf
>>
I have a low paying job as an EMT but I enjoy it and have some money. However.. I think the company may be instituting a new rule tomorrow at a company wide meeting: no long hair for guys, among other appearance changes.

If they make me cut my hair I'm actually going to quit. Is it normal, to quit a job for the sake of your hair?
>>
>>35509159
Congrats, Anon. Saving early and often is the key to financial security. Check out le plebbit at:
https://www.reddit.com/r/financialindependence/

Also, make sure you follow pic related.

Also, try to take advantage of what they call the "Savers Tax Credit".

https://20somethingfinance.com/savers-tax-credit/

As for me:
>35
>Yes
>120K/yr
>Equities. I'm looking to retire in my early 40s and live the NEET life... but retired with dignity.
>>
>>35509159
American 23
Got laid off a month ago and am unsure if I even want to go back to work
It paid 12.50$ an hour
I was paying off the 1500$ I owed the kike landowners for breaking my lease but have give up.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.