[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so difficult to change yourself? I seem to be automatically

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

Why is it so difficult to change yourself?

I seem to be automatically doing roughly the same things that I did the day before.
>>
>>35501651
Because it's easy to do the wrong things
>>
the only way to produce change is to start a habit that will produce that change

you don't wake up one day and realize "oh yes, now i am the chad"

no, you work out constantly
you hit on stacies constantly
you get off the internet all the time
you smack bro ass and go wooo

and you do that over and over again until it's second nature

eventually all the cells in your body will be finely tuned to this lifestyle and continuing these habits will be enjoyable

congratulations then you are the chad
>>
>>35501718
How do I start these new habits if my mind is so deeply ingrained in doing the same things it's almost always done?
>>
>>35501651
Suffering is more natural.
>>
>>35501651
That was a good book
>>
File: ng.jpg (25KB, 524x400px) Image search: [Google]
ng.jpg
25KB, 524x400px
we got cucked by evolution that made us crave comfort and regularity. changing is literally going against human nature
>>
>>35501651
Because changing yourself either requires lots of willpower or a change in environment. The former isn't easy for us lazy robots, and the latter requires the resources to go somewhere new.
>>
>>35501651
Because comfort zone. Everyone fears changes
>>
Because there is no "you" there to change "yourself".

"You" are a pragmatic yet ultimately illusory construct.
>>
>>35501748
hire a badass life coach who will dog and shadow you constantly
>>
>>35501914
then what is my mind, what is my consciousness?
>>
>>35501872
evolution didn't cuck us. our own brains did. 300k+ years or whatever, constantly pressuring its host to invent chairs, air conditioning, and bedrooms.
>>
>>35501943

>what is my consciousness?

A consciousness, which is constantly becoming a different consciousness from moment to moment.

>then what is my mind

A computer which is constantly being reprogrammed and having hardware replaced, rendering it a different computer from the moment it was before.
>>
>>35501651
>Why is it so difficult to change yourself?
Alright i was going to ignore this thread but op image lured me in
In order for any changes you do to yourself be permanent you need to affect your sub-conscious. Imagine there are two parts of your mind, the conscious half and the sub-conscious half. These two halfs talk to each other and have their own language.
The conscious mind talks to the sub-conscious with words
The sub-conscious mind talks to the conscious with emotion
This means that every time someone say or you think to yourself "im worthless piece of shit" you are basically telling your sub-conscious how to feel.

What you say comes from and turns into what you feel (Important)

What you feel comes from and turns into what you say and hear. (Important)

Now that you understand this you can make effort into changing yourself by taking control of this mechanism.
There are two ways to do this, by controlling the conscious mind or the sub-conscious since the latter is advance work we will focus on talking control of the conscious mind.
You must pay attention to what you think to yourself always. If you catch yourself thinking something negative replace with words of encouragement. This must be a 24/7 thing.
Another thing that will help is Affirmations. Set aside some time everyday and tell yourself good things about yourself. This works best right before and after sleep since the wall between the conscious mind and the sub-conscious mind is weaker.
If even this is to much work for you just go on youtube and look for Affirmations videos, they are a shitton, just listen to these as you browse 4chan but chose a video and stick with it. It takes about 21 days for permanent changes to your conscious via video method but it is easy and reliable.
good luck from occultfag ( i stay in the thread in case anyone has any questions)
>>
>>35502683
How exactly would you control the sub-conscious?

I mean it's the part of you that isn't the part of you you normally control (the conscious)
>>
>>35502872
the conscious mind is what you normally should always control over (less so in todays world)

The sub-conscious is what most dont have control but it is possible remember sub-conscious=emotions and feelings
To control the sub-conscious is to take away the middle man and control how you feel. Its is a philosophers wet dream to do this 100%. it is being able to burn in hell forever and still manage to make yourself happy.
The only way i know how to do it is through the conscious mind as i posted above.
But if you are determine to gain some control of the sub- conscious i do know one technique you could try.

I want you to imagine the last you were truly confident in yourself and felt like you could take on the world. Maybe you just beat a video game or aced a test it doesn't matter just get a memory. Imagine that moment of time a s vivid as possible and remember how you felt, once you get it i want you to squeeze you left wrist as hard as you can. Do this for as many confident memory as you can do be afraid to repeat some as necessary.
Soon enough your mind will connect left wrist being squeeze = confident.
Any time you feel nervous or chad is in your face squeeze your left wrist and a jolt of power will rush into you
>>
>>35503358
> Do this for as many confident memory as you can do NOT be afraid to repeat some as necessary.
Correction sorry im a shitty typer
>>
>>35503358
That is seriously cool anon, I've heard about things like food and smells jogging old memories but manually putting yourself in a certain mood just by grabbing onto your wrist is some next level stuff. Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>35502683
How much of an occultfag are you? Ahnenerbe-tier?
>>
>>35503564

Smells have the strongest connection with memory because the smell center is right next to the memory center.
>>
>>35503564
Np but quick question, i been thinking about making threads similar to my post on the board but im afraid they might be to occulty for r9k and just be a waste of time. What your opinion on this?
>>
>>35502872
Actual scientist here. We don't know enough to answer that question, and anyone who claims to have that answer is lying or should produce extraordinary evidence for their claim.
>>
>>35502683
Heh that's not at all far off from what my therapist says. Not bad.
>>
>>35503735
They unironically might do better on /x/ but you can try here I enjoyed both of your posts thoroughly.
>>
>>35501718
working out won't get you girls
>>
You're trying change yourself for the wrong reasons or people.

And you haven't been subjected to enough real trauma or threat to make you value your life.
>>
>>35503821
>Having a better, more aesthetic body, higher self-esteem, a clearer mind and more confidence won't help with girls
wut
>>
>>35503660
>How much of an occultfag are you?
everything i learned is from others or self-taught through study
>>35503739
>anyone who claims to have that answer is lying or should produce extraordinary evidence for their claim.
I claim nothing as fact, i speak from personal experience only. However it is from though these methods i grew and improve myself
>>
>>35503739
What do you have to say about his actual post >>35503358?

Seems solid to me. To keep myself from laughing or smiling inappropriately/nervously I used to think of images I've seen on circa 2008 /b/ and the ED Offended page and bite my cheek, worked almost every time.
>>
>>35501651
You need to change locations. It's too easy to fall into your old habits when you don't change your environment.
>>
>>35503928
Find out what works for you, but don't expect actual answers that are generally applicable.
>>
>>35503800
thank you for the input, but since thread is here i could dump so more shit but if i do pleae be patent i am a slow typer.
>>
>>35503928
>To keep myself from laughing or smiling inappropriately/nervously I used to think of images I've seen on circa 2008 /b/ and the ED Offended page and bite my cheek, worked almost every time.
Holy shit that would do the exact opposite for me.
>>
>>35504024
So like first thing in the morning head on over to the place by the lake with the bench to open up the book you said were going to read 4 months ago instead of masturbating to lolicatgirls.exe again?
>>
>>35501651
It's easy to change yourself, but impossible to change anyone else, so why try
>>
>>35504112
>Looking at gore, dying animals and gross shit and inflicting pain makes him laugh
Edgyyyyy
>>
>>35504186
I wouldn't need anyone else if I became someone I'm proud of being.
>>
Protip: many of your bad habits are probably rooted in the amount of time you spend on the internet. Lethargy, weird sleeping patterns, eating too much, fapping too much, feeling like you're not going anywhere, etc. If you can't fix that, you can't fix anything.
>>
>>35504153
Basically yes.

preganal
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.