[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Normie here AMA I'll try and give you lads tips on

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

File: OZf1qaN.jpg (51KB, 570x881px) Image search: [Google]
OZf1qaN.jpg
51KB, 570x881px
Normie here AMA

I'll try and give you lads tips on how to not be autistic
>>
File: dsdsadd.png (5KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
dsdsadd.png
5KB, 238x212px
>>35501316
Is there chance for me in uni.

I don't want to end alone again
>>
Should I focus more on my triceps or forearms when lifting? I'm satisfied with my biceps for now and trying to follow the rule of triceps being about 40% bigger than the biceps
>>
>>35501362
Triceps. Go for the Popeye look
>>
>>35501345
If you reinvent yourself and make a solid effort to engage with as many clubs and societies as you can.

If you don't do any sports, start now and get good at something. Even if it's just lifting, do it.

Also, go out during freshers whenever you can. If someone asks you if you're going out, say yes and if you can do predrinks with them. Never turn down an offer of a night out, until you have a solid bed of friends.

Which uni you going mate?
>>
>>35501371
Wouldn't /fit/ter forearms be more useful in day-to-day life? I'm not liftin' for the aesthetics.
>>
>>35501362
Triceps. You'll get larger forearms naturally. Of course you can always dl and do farmer walks for juicier ones though.
>>
>>35501394
Forarms are useless unless you jerkin off
>>
>>35501382
probably in the technical uni in my city
I am an east yuropean
>>
>>35501316
how i get a girlfriend if i don't know any girl, i can't use tinder and my few friends don't know a girl to present to me?
>>
>>35501420
>>35501429
Alright, now regarding triceps I have 3 exercises for my triceps:
One-arm extension
Bench dips
Dumbbell skullcrushers
Is this too much for a single day for my triceps or should I focus more on specific workouts?
>>
>>35501436
Nice one anon, are you 18? I start at Oxford at the end of the year.

>>35501438
Get more friends. What's your situation anon?
>>
>>35501463
Doing too many isolations is usually a waste of time, I prefer doing compounds but that's just me. I would add tricep pushdowns to that list though anon. Otherwise I'd say that's a good amount of work for one day, you don't want to overdo it.

What're your stats?
>>
>>35501469
yes but I was always too much of a sperg since 5th grade

I really hope I can make it good in uni.
Anyways do you know how to act around girls so they won't think you are a sperg. I was in a high school with almost no girls and hadn't talk with one in awhile
>>
>>35501438
i'm 21 years old and i go to uni, but i'm not actually going to class right now. At this moment i only have nerdy friends and i don't know how to make other friends. my uni is not in my town, so, even i start some relationship with people here it wouldn't work out. it's pretty bad, actually.
>>
>>35501497
>Otherwise I'd say that's a good amount of work for one day
Alright, just wanna make sure since I have a schedule set where I exercise my triceps and biceps on mondays and fridays, shoulders and chest on wednesdays.
>What're your stats?
I only recently got into lifting so I might not understand what you're asking for. I got tired of being a fucking twig, right now I'm 56kg. But I'm seeing progress since I've gained 2,8kg in the last month and a few weeks after starting my workout.
>>
>>35501316
I'm 20 years old and I have never had a girlfriend or been on a date.

Should I...
A) disregard females and acquire currency
B) desperately try every online dating option in the hopes of finding a gf
C) try to meet girls via volunteer work & social activities
D) hit the gym, do steroids, and get a haircut
E) become a homosexual
F) only have sex with prostitutes
G) buy a fleshlight/onahole
H) do nothing
>>
>>35501502
Treat them like you would treat a man. Be respectful and polite, but don't treat them like they're special. Remember that women are people just like everyone else, and often they are just as anxious about validation and fitting in as you are.

If you want to attract women, pursue your own interests. If you want to hit a 2pl8 bench, focus on that. If you want to write a novel, focus on that. Don't shape your life around women. Of course, there is no reason to becoming a hermit, but following your own path and carving a way for yourself is incredibly attractive to women.

Also, don't speak too much. Women often use a lot of filler vocabulary (stuff like "so", "uhm", "okay", "right", etc). Typically, you should be saying stuff that is meaningful and confident, not rambling and not speaking too politely.

Finally, take initiative. If you're in a group project, take control. Don't be an asshole about it, but calmly assume that you're the guy in charge. Girls love confidence and feelings of security.
>>
>>35501584
That sounds good anon, and 2.8kg in a month is really impressive. If you want to make some initial gains and put on some decent mass I would recommend SS. Obviously don't overdo this or you'll end up looking like those fat t-rex mode idiots.

How tall are you?
>>
>>35501630
Your best options are C and D (with or without steroids, just make sure you know what you're doing before you get into roiding). B is something you should do in the meantime to hone your game and work on understanding girls better.
>>
>>35501699
I'm manlet tier, only 1,75m but I don't really feel insecure about my height nor do I care.
>Obviously don't overdo this or you'll end up looking like those fat t-rex mode idiots.
Yeah I've been watching some workout dudes (specifically Elliot from Strength camp) and he mentioned something about gorilla posture and shit.
Also I will check out the SS thing, thanks. Also regarding shoulders are lateral raises + arnold presses enough for a weekly workout?
>>
>>35501754
I'm by no means an expert on lifting, so don't take my advice as gospel (I'd recommend reading the /fit/ wiki, it'll really help with getting started), but hopefully I should be able to help you a bit.

For shoulders, my typical workout is:

3x8 shoulder presses
3x8 arnold presses
4x8 lateral raises
3x8 front plate raises
3x8 upright barbell rows

Arnolds are a bit of a meme but they're good regardless, and I enjoy doing them.
>>
File: 1482875862119.png (10KB, 576x347px) Image search: [Google]
1482875862119.png
10KB, 576x347px
>>35501727
I feel kinda bad about putting effort into getting a gf though. Because women just get to sit back and act entitled while their choices of men are handed to them on a silver platter.

...but on the other hand if I don't try then I'll never have one

fuck
>>
>>35501927
That's just the way of the world anon. It's not great obviously, but all men have had to work for their women from time immemorial.
>>
>>35501903
Awesome, I read the sticky on /fit/ but didn't pay attention to the /fit/ wiki. I'll make sure to read up on it. Last question, would it be beneficial to "increase" your reps every week or two? What I do basically is maintain the same weight on my dumbbells but increase the amount of reps. I started off with 6 reps and now I'm up to 12 on bicep curls and 11 on triceps extensions. Is there any point in continuing to increase it past 12, or is 12 reps + 3 sets already overdoing it?
>>
>>35502052
You want to be increasing weight, not increasing reps. A rep range of 8-12 is optimum for almost all exercises, any higher and you're just wasting time and energy. If you're struggling to achieve a lift at the 8-12 rep range, I'd recommend dialing back the weight and lifting until you're comfortably in that rep range before advancing the weight.

What's your bench looking like at the moment?
>>
Oh hey, some workout questions. I'll toss one in as well. I've taken to doing bodyweight stuff in my room every morning. Sit-ups, pushups, squats, leg lifts, etc. Currently I do four sets of 35 for a 140 total on each exercise. Is of worth it to continue with this or do I need weights to start getting more benefits (fwiw I am starting to remove the fat from skinnyfat and have some muscle definition now).
>>
>>35502152
Right now I'm benching 6.5kg if we're talking dumbbells. I tried a 30kg barbell with a spotter, managed to do about 4 reps. I fluctuate between 4.5kg and 6.5kg. I use 6.5kg for biceps, chest and triceps. 4.5kg are used for shoulders and forearms for now. I'm thinking of increasing the weight from 4.5kg to 5.5kg next week. Since the reps have been becoming more consistent and easier with the 4.5kg.
>>
File: Grenade Suicide Pepe.jpg (97KB, 1360x924px) Image search: [Google]
Grenade Suicide Pepe.jpg
97KB, 1360x924px
>>35501316
>Tfw I already know all the tips and advice on how to become a normie, but I'm too lazy, apathetic, and afraid to actually try them.
>>
>>35502250
You will find benefits in continuing with what you're doing, but they will be minimal and are more likely to aid with mobility and flexibility than actually building proper muscle mass. That's not to say they aren't good, but if you want to look good naked then start hitting the weights.

>>35502253
That's really good anon, keep at it. Make sure you're eating at a surplus above your recommended calorie intake to keep making gains. I started benching at 12kg dumbbells, and I'm now on 40kgs after a year of lifting. If you eat right and work hard you'll be incredibly proud of your progress, and that will drive you to succeed.

>>35502311
Then I cannot help you anon. It is up to you now.
>>
File: 1475382378404.png (87KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
1475382378404.png
87KB, 250x247px
>>35501903
>I've read the /fit/ sticky more times than I'd like to admit but I can't find the motivation to get serious with it
>>
>>35502469
>Make sure you're eating at a surplus above your recommended calorie intake to keep making gains.
Right now I'm trying to eat over 2800 calories, since I supposedly burn out about 2500 during my workouts, so during resting days I gain an even bigger surplus. What's the ideal amount of protein intake after a workout? I read somewhere there isn't a huge difference between 20g and 40g of protein after a workout. If I do the math right I should get about 80g of protein every day.
>>
>>35502491
My personal motivation was knowing that if I started now, I would be able to look back in the future and see how far I'd come. If I hadn't started lifting last year, I would still be the same skinny loser I was a year ago. That's what keeps me going now: knowing that the more I push myself, the further I will go, and the greater my feeling of achievement will be a year from now.
>>
>>35502529
That's a good surplus to be eating at. I would say that 500 calories is the maximum a surplus should be, so you're doing great in that aspect, and if you've gained almost 3kg in a month then you're doing something right.

The typical rule for protein is 1 gram per lb of bodyweight. You said you were 56kg, so technically you should be eating 123g of protein a day. To achieve that you should be eating protein rich foods (chicken, for example), as well as drinking shakes.
>>
>>35502628
Fair enough, is there any agreed upon "best post-workout" snack for protein? Right now I just munch down on almonds and milk, or chicken breast after a workout. Almonds because they're cheap where I live and 22g of protein in 100g is pretty good to me.
>>
>>35502720
Sounds good anon, I'd stick to what you're doing. You seem to have all the basic sorted, and you've got the motivation, so just go for it now lad.
>>
File: 1485462749074-vg.jpg (279KB, 780x481px) Image search: [Google]
1485462749074-vg.jpg
279KB, 780x481px
>>35501316

I am also a normie in need of help from both bots and norms.

How do you deal with the gnawing hatred and anger? I want to(and do) destroy something at least once or twice a week. Sometimes I take pleasure in causing other people precisely the pain I feel myself, and if I weren't so polite and such a coward I would do it as often as I could.

I'm so close to transforming myself into chad, solely for the purpose of spiting normies and the world.

It's not healthy, I know, I fight it every single day, but sometimes I lose the fight, and I'm beginning to lose more often.
>>
>>35502555
that's pretty good tbqh, I totally get that.
And I'd like to get into it, I really would.

Problem is, gaining weight seems to be such an enormous world with so many techniques, methods and stuff. Being the autistic faggot I am, I can't help but overthink everything and bury myself under useless details until I simply collapse and completely stop pursuing it.

That happened way too many times already and honestly I'm tired of it.
>>
>>35502875
Do you do any sports?

Whenever I feel angry and destructive I swim.
>>
>>35502909

I used to do martial arts.

Sometimes, I'll run or do pullups or climb rope to tire myself out when I feel the anger coming, but more often I scream and tear/smash something.

I really want to hurt people now.
>>
>>35502908
That's perfectly understandable, and nothing to be ashamed of. Fitness can be overwhelming, with all the different programs, methods and tips people give.

A quick and easy thing to remember for weight gain is to double whatever you eat. If you have one sandwich at lunch, make it two. If you have one serving of rice and chicken for dinner, have two.

As long as you're eating roughly 2800-3000 calories of food that isn't fast food or chocolate/sweets, you'll be golden.
>>
>>35501316
Is there a way to change the way people see at the uni? I haven't been a typical loner since the beginning of the year, almost didn't talk to anyone.

Now, I just can't handle to be alone during breaks anymore, too painful to see that everyone except me is sociable. Do you have advices?
>>
see me*

originalo
>>
>>35501316
How do I remember people's faces and names?

I've worked with the same people for years and they know my name, but I just can't put their faces to any names.
>>
>>35503122
I have been a typical loner*

God, I need some sleep, sorry for this.
>>
>>35503064
aight, and for the lifting itself, I guess I should just pick a program that sounds good and stick with it?
>>
>>35503122
Join a few clubs, start doing sports, and (at the risk of this thread turning into me just telling people to work out) go to the gym. You'll begin to see people regularly that you'll also see outside of your sport, club, or the gym, and you'll be able to sit with them at breaks and lunch. If you chill out, laugh at peoples jokes and are generally nice to people, you'll eventually be accepted into friendship groups and you can begin going out to parties and meeting more and more people until you have a well-established circle of connections.

This is exactly what people who move to new areas do all the time to integrate with the new area and find friends, and it will work for you.

>>35503152
I don't know if I can help with that anon, but often introducing yourself as someone that is bad with faces/names can soften the blow for someone in the future if you forget their name. If they remember that you are self-professedly bad at remembering names, then they'll forgive you for doing so and often just let you off as being a bit flaky.
>>
>>35503235
Begin with SS, as I said to the other anon, as it will give you a good base of strength from which you can work off. From then on, just watch YouTube videos of workout guides and follow those. Ultimately, as long as you are shifting weights, you are moving in the right direction.
>>
>>35501630
Fuck what the normal fag said, do A and D without the roids.
>>
>>35503271
Good tips I guess but I live in Europe and uni clubs are not really a thing here. I do lift and I don't meet anyone from it at the gym.

I really have no other place to meet people than uni. Is there a way to introduce myself without being a creep?
>>
>>35503306
alright anon, thanks for your help, really appreciate it.
If this is the year I'll finally start, I'll think of you.

n-no homo
>>
File: Rog.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rog.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
Why do you waste your time with women instead of fighting the armies of YHVH in the name of Lucifer's own glory?
>>
>>35503816
I'm happy to have made a difference in your life anon, may you find success.
>>
File: 1489445822019.jpg (1MB, 1440x1821px) Image search: [Google]
1489445822019.jpg
1MB, 1440x1821px
Can I get laid with this bod or am I too fat? I lost 50lbs and still going but I am worried I'll get laughed when I take my shirt off. Age 18 in high school.
>>
>>35501316
Tell me how to meet even 1 good friend in college. If it works I swear I'll leave this site forever.
>>
>>35501316
>he doesnt answer
>>35505328
fuck you normie
>>
I'm a really smart guy (psych tested Stanford Binet of 135) who has fucked my life up. I am picking up the pieces, but in doing so I have to attend a really shitty party school. Every single girl here is a fucking slut who just drinks, does drugs, and has a shit ton of casual sex. I want to date someone, but there are no girls around for me to date. I prefer girls who are more nerdy/intellectual.

What do?
>>
File: 1489331622711.jpg (21KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
1489331622711.jpg
21KB, 268x265px
How do I stop stuttering or pausing awkwardly when i'm talking?
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.