[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>extremely gifted in linguistics and composition, great reading

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1459801759020.jpg (5KB, 250x193px) Image search: [Google]
1459801759020.jpg
5KB, 250x193px
>extremely gifted in linguistics and composition, great reading comprehension
>can read through a sizeable book in less than a week with ease
>was at the top of my class in AP English back in high school, would get 90 or higher on even the most challenging essays
>can't into basic algebra
>brain almost hurts when trying to add or subtract triple digit numbers mentally

am I a retard who just happens to have a special gift or am I smart and just suck at math?
>>
>>35500483
Sounds like you're right brain dominant. Was this blog post just to humble brag about your reading?
>>
>>35501122
no I just want to be less retarded at math and know if I'm a retard or not

most of the stuff I said was just to show the contrast between my writing and math skills
>>
>>35501165
It sure sounded like a humble brag.

They are the worst kind of people.
>>
>>35500483
Its just two diff perspectives on the same shiet
>>
>>35501165
You just need to flex that part of your brain. Good and easy practice is to expand your multiplication table from 10x10 to 20x20 and onward. This is assuming you have up to 10x10 memorized.
>>
>>35500483
Just study math from a really simple point onward. Start with pre-algebra, and make sure to really get a feeling for the structures. Being bad at math is literally a meme.
>>
File: 1486871247732.png (208KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1486871247732.png
208KB, 327x316px
>>35500483
>he fell for the "gifted" meme
>>
>>35500483

Math seems to be way more important if you want to land a good job these days.
>>
You suck at math. Who knows if that's nature, lack of practice, or lack of caring. Does it matter?
>>
I was diagnosed in 6th as "twice exceptional". no kidding that's what they called it. My reading/verbal scores are off the charts but I have extremely poor math etc, due to ADD. I tried to get a bachelor's and couldn't pass algebra 1. Frustrating
>>
>>35501285
>tfw never memorised multiplication tables
>doddled through school using fingers and calculator until 14 years of age, after that maths grades collapsed into failure

Should I start now?
>>
Sounds like you might be Jewish

Go into law with the rest of them
>>
>>35500483
Sounds like you are a retard. Kind of like Rain Man except not useful in the slightest since reading and comprehension are LITERALLY the easiest subjects in school.
>>
math is literally just a language easier and simpler than common language though
>>
>>35500483
>being a brainlet
i got literally a perfect score on the SAT reading section, a 750 on the writing section, always aced english classes in school, but i can still do math as well and i'm majoring in statistics because english/literature is a fucking pleb tier subject

protip: you're not special for being good at that shit, literally anyone of above average intelligence is good at it because it's fucking braindead easy
>>
>>35500483
Yeah, me too OP, except I can function in math if I just pay attention. I'm still bad tho.
>>
>>35500483
Most people are good at either linguistics or mathematics, or maybe that's just a meme.
>>
>>35502216
multiplication tables arent important, only the abstract structure of multiplication (for instance, the fact that it is repeated addition, and the implication that has on how and why multiplication works)
so yes, if you want to into math, then start studying.
>>
>>35500483
>tfw decent in math and art
>terrible with languages, am monolingual and after trying to learn a language for years can only read around 70% of it, can barely construct sentences or listen to it spoken let alone speak it

feels bad mang
>>
>>35501122
languages and logic are in the same side of the brain dummy
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.