[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I really have to go to college and find a career? I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1467256585993.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1467256585993.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
Do I really have to go to college and find a career? I'm not very talented in anything or very smart. Can I just work some simple job for the rest of my life? I don't really have friends and I'm not very materialistic so as long as I'm able to afford living on my own I would be feel okay.
>>
Don't go to college unless you plan to excel in a specialized field. I went for bumfuck liberal arts degree and I'm still working retail.

Just find a job you can move up the ladder from within and live within your means.
>>
Work at UPS.
>>
save up enough money to construct a house or buy a cheap trailer for at least a 1000 and live out on the country side and learn to be radically self reliant. in exchange of being dependent on your wallet, you'll use hard physical labor to hunt and forage for food while also having a relatively stress-less lifestyle by living the comfy rural life.
>>
college is for doctors, lawyers, engineers, and others who actually do things with their learn'ins
going to college to be a data entry person is a joke. and since all shit show jobs like that require you to get scammed by a college, fuck those jobs. they will probably be automated by software in the future anyway.

go to trades. it's way cheaper, way faster, in high demand due few young'ins going in and all the boomers dropping like flies, makes you a decent-to-good living, and it's interesting work.
>>
File: truck.jpg (163KB, 800x526px) Image search: [Google]
truck.jpg
163KB, 800x526px
become a trucker, best job for robots. also comfy as shit
>>
>>35498785

essentially you'll be living a frugal lifestyle, whereas living in the city it'd be easier to yield to temptation of amassing massive amounts of debts wanting to keep up with the jones', you'll be saving money while you tend to your beans as you'll only be working for yourself
>>
>>35498916
truckers won't be a thing in 10 years. self driving car may not replace the average joe on the road, but companies are already jumping up and down for that tech. one flat fee, little maintenance needed, always on the road driving no stops needed save for fuel/maintenance, and gets in less accident than humans.
I give it 5 years before companies start rolling out some self driving trucks.
I feel sorry for all the young guys going to school for this or just now getting in the industry.
>>
What happens when you don't want to be promoted to manager because you know you won't be a good leader?
>>
>>35498602
What country friendo?

An apprenticeship might be what you're looking for
>>
>>35498891
What do you mean by go to trades?
>>
>>35500025

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.