[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do all vegetables taste like shit? It's not just the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11

File: 1457185440888.jpg (36KB, 632x738px) Image search: [Google]
1457185440888.jpg
36KB, 632x738px
Why do all vegetables taste like shit? It's not just the taste but the texture of them is gross too. I really want to eat healthily. I wish there was one vegetable that I liked. Anyone else know this feel?
>>
>>35498488
fatbot detected. Have you tried anything besides microwaved frozen vegetables?
>griiled squash
>corn on the cob
>tomato and basil
>stir fried bok choy with garlic
>lettuce on your burger
>baked sweet potato fries with paprika
How are these not enjoyable for you?
>>
>>35498488
Try grilling them or frying them until you can get used to the taste. Pick crunchier things, or the ones with more flavour.

The texture of squash can be pretty disgusting. Cabbage has no taste and is only slimy. Might be solved if you fry it, though.
Spinach is nice. Better than cabbage, and healthier, too.
>>
>>35498673
as a fellow fatty, this anon's suggestion isn't as shit as it may seem
i still wont eat peppers or tomatoes fuck them
>>
>>35498673
As a fatbot, this. Veggies are tasty. Just try different ways of preparing them.

I still find uncooked tomatoes gross. They are only tasty in ketchup, paste, etc. I'm also not a fan of mushrooms, pineapple, and watermelon at all, because of the texture. So, yeah, I get where you're coming from on the texture front.
>>
>>35498488
Carrot is majestic. So are cucumbers and tomatoes.
>>
>>35498488
if you go eat indian food, the vegetables are usually pretty tastey. i hate vegetbles too, the only time i eat them at home is if they are soaked in butter, or covered in mayonaise or ranch
>>
>eat broccoli you guys said
>try a big plate of broccoli at local resturant with salad bar
>its cold and raw
>take a deep breath and pop one in my mouth
>start to slowly chew, its tough and fibrous
>gag
>start to chew more the tough bristles on top start to tickle my tounge
>tears start welling up as I choke it down
>remember the times Chad would bully me and make me eat grass and start crying
>chew the rest and slam my glass of water choking it down
>cry more as I realize I only ate one
FUCK BROCCOLI what a shit meme you guys fooled me very funny you skelefuck normies.
>>
Because your fat ass has eaten so much salt and fat youve become attuned to the taste and consider it normal. So anything that isnt salty and fatty will taste awful to you. But yeah the key here is to smother them in the taste of something super strong but not unhealthy, ie garlic or onion. lightly frying some peppers or other greens in some oil with a ton of garlic and pepper will make them all taste rather similar. If you dont like the texture, use a blender and make a stew. throw the mixture in with some cooked beef with onion, cook a huge batch of it so you can freeze some for later. Have it with some light rice or brown pasta for a good turd afterwards.
>>
You're so entitled, thinking that food should always be enjoyable. Food is not an entertainment, you just need it to survive.
>>
>>35498918
Don't eat it cold and raw, then. Broccoli is nice, but you've got to fucking cook it.
>>
>>35498913
Because its drencher in sauces and fat...
>>
Your American junk diet with its fat, sodium, additives and sugar has literally altered your DNA and fried your tastebuds so now you can't enjoy actual natural foods
>>
>>35498488
Try cooking them. Also, always eat them with some sort of sauce. I prefer vinegar. No one eats fucking RAW vegetables, and people who hate vegetables tend to assume that.
I love muh veggies.
>>
>>35499137
If I'm going to have to do something ever fucking day for the rest of my worthless, miserable fucking life, then I want to at least enjoy it.
Shitting food out is already unpleasant enough.
>>
File: 3.jpg (67KB, 540x534px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
67KB, 540x534px
>>35498488
vegetables taste like shit to you because you're used to stuffing your face with endless sugar. you ever notice how sweet stuff doesnt taste as good after a binge? its the same concept, your insulin level alters your perception of taste. its the same reason lots of kids wont touch vegetables, because they are so used to have sugar for every other meal/snack
>>
File: 4.jpg (28KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
28KB, 500x281px
>tfw love vegetables

>can eat an entire can of spinach in one bite

>love steamed broccoli, steamed asparagus, steamed brussel sprouts, etc
>>
>>35498673
Not OP but as a fellow veggie-hating fatbot the few of those I've tried made me gag.
>>
>>35499140
Tell that to the dumb resturant! Doesnt matter thiugh im never touching broccoli again!
>>
File: 1479276199780.jpg (29KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1479276199780.jpg
29KB, 499x499px
>>35498488
USE SPICES

NICE SPICE
>>
>>35498673
I add salad baby tomatoes and garlic with my rice and sardines, and no i dont cook the garlic first
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 400x400px
>eat like shit for years with little to no side effects or weight gain
>finally hit a wall at 25 and get fat
>continue eating like shit baloon up to 300lbs
>fast food everyday
>turn 30 last month
>start to feel a tightness in my chest and a dull ache
>massive stabbing pain in my chest/heart last night
Well i woke up and im alive. Did i have a heart attack? They werent kidding when they said you drop dead after 30 from obesity. Im scared guys is a massive one coming?
>>
Here's a secret most people these days don't know:

When someone tells you to 'eat better' or 'eat healthy' they really mean the opposite.

You see, it's because of the way that modern society produces food. There's an abundance of very calorie dense, very tasty food. This stuff tastes good because it's good for us, from an evolutionary standpoint tasty stuff like meat and sugar are very desirable. They provide valuable energy to keep you alive.

The problem is that this stuff is too available, we eat too much of it now and it's caused an obesity epidemic. That's why foods like vegetables, which don't have many calories and aren't very tasty are now considered healthy. There's been a complete reversal.

Unfortunately our bodies haven't adapted to find these shitty low-calorie foods desirable yet. Our tongues still love the high-calorie stuff that would keep you fat and warm through prehistoric winters.

It's really tough, especially since food is so vital to life, lots of people don't have the self control to control what they're eating the way that they need to if they want to stay healthy these days.
>>
File: 3khasnbk9r3y.jpg (19KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
3khasnbk9r3y.jpg
19KB, 225x225px
>tfw tomatoes are the most disgusting thing ever

>try to bite into a tomato

>the gritty yet slimy texture, the weird fucking taste

>immediately gag and spit it out

tomatoes are gross
>>
>>35499172
This. You sound like such a fucking retard/faggot for "not liking vegetables". You have the palette of ten year old.
>>
>>35499449
>>35499172
So the solution is to add sugar to the vegetables?

Holy shit I think you might actually be onto something. I love glaced cherries, which are normal cherries cooked in sugar. I never thought of this before. Thank you!
>>
>>35499172
Kids universally love sugar because it's GOOD FOR THEM. It gives them energy to grow their body. Things that taste good are good for you, that should be fucking obvious idiot. Why would we have evolved to like foods that are bad for us?
>>
>>35499496
No, no. Learn to love vegetables the way normal people to. Stick a carrot up your bum. Eventually you'll associate vegetables with good feelings.
>>
>>35499501
sugar is literally toxic

http://time.com/4087775/sugar-is-definitely-toxic-a-new-study-says/
>>
>>35499545
Everything is toxic.
>>
File: claspinghandsguy.jpg (7KB, 160x180px) Image search: [Google]
claspinghandsguy.jpg
7KB, 160x180px
>>35498488
It's pretty normal to hate the taste of vegetables, goy.

Here... Have a free hamburger!
>>
>>35499428
Why the hell would you just eat a tomato whole?
There's a reason they sell cherry/grape tomatoes fool.

>>35499496
This is why you are fat.

As for me, I love vegetables. But I fucking despise fruit.
It's either sticky or too messy and is normally too sweet by default. Plus you have to either peel that shit or have to deal with nasty chewy coating. No thanks.
>>
>>35499395
Jesus christ man go see a doctor
>>
>not liking fresh tomato
>cumcumber
>paprika
>spinach
>cabbage

Cant think of any else, but how do people not like those.
>>
>>35499566
yeah but only sugar can give you type 2 diabetes and fuck your insulin levels up so bad that you think vegetables are gross
>>
File: image.png (30KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
30KB, 384x384px
>>35499428
Go on, bite into me boy. peirce my plump roundness with your teeth. Open me up and ill fill your mouth with juicy tomato cum. Taste my wetness.
>>
File: daddy does it again.png (861KB, 960x505px) Image search: [Google]
daddy does it again.png
861KB, 960x505px
>>35499496
Not necessarily sugar but seasoning, yes, absolutely. Dump a bunch of oil in a pan, throw some diced onions in there, add a shitload of 5 kinds of powdered whatever you like, throw in some chopped tomato, add a little water to sauce it up a little, cook it down to thicken it and make it delicious, add some more veggies, maybe some more seasonings, dried basil, oregano, thyme, whatever you like, cook it up into a sauce. Lots of people hate plain tomato, but you make a tomato sauce and it's super popular, put it on pasta, pizza, tomato ketchup, etc.
>>
You know why vegetables taste like shit and most of them are bland and green?

Because your body doesn't want them, your body wants colorful fruits, don't fall for the vegetable meme
>>
>>35499611
I like veggies and eat them, but damn fresh tomato never, I just don't like the taste and texture, I can eat every other form though but fresh no way.
>>
>>35499611
I'll give you everything else but cabbage literally tastes like ass
>>
For snacking purposes
carrots>cherry tomatoes>red/orange peppers>corn=snap peas>cooked broccoli>green peppers>cucumbers>>>>dogshit>>uncooked broccoli>celery

For cooking/meal purposes
onions=potatoes=tomatoes>green peppers>everything else

If you add melted cheese or sugar to your veggies you are subhuman. A little salt is okay, but just a bit.
>>
>>35499715
boiled cabbage with salt on it is literally god tier. you could put it on a burger
>>
>>35499703
Take a slice of bread, spread butter, add 2 thin slices of fresh self-grown tomato, salt and pepper. Boom - best breakfast ever.
>>
>>35499703
Fun fact: tomatoes belong to the nightshade family and until recently were considered poisonous.

Some people just can't eat tomatoes. It's like being lactose intolerant.
>>
>>35499715
Mein neigger.

Cabbage is awful. Terrible texture, terrible taste.
I think people just eat it because it's cheap and it's considered a staple.
It's just a horrible legacy left over from when european food was always boiled.
>>
>>35499861
I literally sometimes eat like 1/3 of a decently big cabbage fresh by itself, no boiling, boiled vegetables taste like shit.
>>
>>35498673

>grilled squash
Fucking dank with some salt
>corn on the cob
also fucking dank
>tomato and basil
Only if they're homegrown or grown from a good grower. Store-bought beef tomatoes and vine tomatoes are shit. Really good with mozzarella and balsamic.
>bok choy
Fuck that shit. Just give me baked garlic cloves.
>lettuce on your burger
Nice, but I'd prefer to eat a romaine salad using the dark leaves of the lettuce.
>baked sweet potato fries with paprika
The ultimate fucking healthy snack.

Good taste, anon.
>>
Just smother that shit in hot sauce.
>>
File: broccoli_625x350_81422013691.jpg (60KB, 625x350px) Image search: [Google]
broccoli_625x350_81422013691.jpg
60KB, 625x350px
>>35498488
Broccoli is the tastiest food on the planet and I won't hear otherwise.
>>
>>35500023
How many sticks of salted butter do you put on it, you faggot?
>>
>>35499501
Holy shit you gotta be trolling.

Ripe fruits have sugar and fat is high in calories. When we were struggling to survive we craved high calorie ripe food.

Business picked up in our genetic cravings for sugar and fat and sodium and dumped increasingly more into food to comepete with each other.

Then, you get fat asses that can't eat vegetables cuz they're not deep fried stuffed with corn syrup and rolled in salt.
>>
>>35498488
fatboi here

carrots are awesome

not baby carrots, but carrots either peeled and washed and eaten raw or cooked in a stew

brussel sprouts are tasty too, i enjoy the texture/mouth feel
>>
File: 1489314923493.jpg (33KB, 541x541px) Image search: [Google]
1489314923493.jpg
33KB, 541x541px
>>35499501

>Kids universally love sugar because it's GOOD FOR THEM

https://healthfree.com/nutrition-sugar-immune-system-foods.html

"According to a 1973 study done by Loma Linda University, when you eat 100 grams of sugar, about as much sugar as you find in a 1 liter bottle of soda, your white blood cells are 40 percent less effective at killing germs. This can cripple your immune system for up to 5 hours after eating sugar!"

this is why so many people are fat and unhealthy, they go around acting like they know shit when they dont
>>
>>35498488
Spaghetti squash bro. It's delicious with butter and salt
>>
>>35498488
I feel you
vegetables repulse me
I love fresh pizza tomato sauce, but I hate tomatos
>>
Most people should be able to make vegetables taste good by their mid 20s wtf?

If you eat like shit just buy a blender, THROW some good stuff in there like beets, or something greener like wheatgrass. If you can't chug stuff in 5 seconds that might save you you're a faggot.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.