[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /r9k/ I want to make a movie, but I'm completely out

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: Geonosis.jpg (428KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
Geonosis.jpg
428KB, 1920x816px
Hey /r9k/
I want to make a movie, but I'm completely out of ideas.

I have a shoestring budget, so CGI and other special effects won't be possible.

If you have any ideas, please post them, thanks
>>
I had this crazy dream this morning.. I died in this real world and was sent to the underworld. Was in my old neighborhood/illusion? and these demons started chasing me. I thought I was alone but a van pulled up and picked me up before being engulfed. Turns out I wasn't alone. We drilled a hole through the ground and I reached the real world where I was pronounced dead. I had to start my life over. I woke up and thought... Damn this could be a good movie plot
>>
>>35490935
Itt: Hollywood fishes for ideas, yer again
>>
I've been trying to write solely based on the feelings I get from specific music and I try and make it cohesive later.

I'm wanting to write one now based on Folk Punk, which I roughly envision as four twenty-something assholes being chased across the US in a beat-up van. Lot of raging against people in general, ironically happy tone, lot of sunsets and pitch black humor.

It sounds indie as fuck but that's the feel I get from Folk Punk: happy music about depressing subject matter.
>>
>>35490935
Can you mimic a fair where they judge flowers? Because I have a great idea for you
>>
File: 1429551192545.jpg (448KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1429551192545.jpg
448KB, 1600x900px
All of my ideas are big budget type ideas and I wouldn't give them away since I intend to make a living off of them. I'm a good for nothing who wants to be a screenwriter/director. I'll probably be working at GameStop in a few years time but making movies is all I can see myself doing so I don't really have much of a choice here. All I know is that the entirety of Hollywood and Cinema in general stems from the same place: freemasonry. If you can understand the esoteric language of symbols half of your job is done already.
>>
>>35491054
I fukn love you and folk punk
>>
>>35491085
My fuckin' nigga.

A friend of my oneitis (who I'm giving up on) introduced me to Misanthropic Drunken Loner by Days and Daze and that's been stuck in my fucking head for the past 72 hours.

>>35491081
You gotta think about what you can do with what you have. If you have a guitar case and a turtle, make a movie with a guitar case and a fuckin' turtle man.
>>
>>35491081
>freemasonry
>Esoteric language of symbols
What? You should add me on Skype so we could talk about ideas together
>>
File: 1480296908032.jpg (85KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1480296908032.jpg
85KB, 680x680px
>>35491054
>>35491141

>anything folk

disgusting, acoustic guitars should all be destroyed
>>
>>35490935
A short film involving a serial killer.
>>
>>35490935
Hey, what do you think of a film about WWI?
Not in the big battle kind of thing, but the more laid back life in the trench. Only requires a shovel and some wood to prepare, and if you don't do battle scenes it doesn't require much effects. Also, I'm sure you could find a few uniforms to do the job.
>>
>>35491141
If you just want to make any kind of movie just for fun, go for it. If you want this to be your profession, like I do, things get more complicated. Success does not come to everyday people for a reason. You have to be "special" but not in a good way. Talent can be involved, but most of it comes down to how much morals do you as an individual lack and what are you willing to do to join the elite in society.

>>35491154
I'm talking about the truth. I've come to this understanding through a couple of years now of research but basically Hollywood is not about reflecting on society, it's about directly affecting society. The end goal of all of this is a New World Order where transhumanism is advertised as being the key to immortality. My ideas are for personal freedom, and I believe what they want will lead us all to slavery. You can see how this would cause problems for someone like me who wants a career in this system.
>>
>>35491199
>Acoustic guitar wielding chad cucked me with my oneitis
>>
>>35491199
Fucking fight me IRL you son of a bitch

>>35491279
I do wanna get into this as a profession, but I also just want to do it because I love movies and I want to make more of them.

I agree that joining the Hollywood Jews is difficult as fuck and you gotta suck a LOT of dick to get there. However, from what I'm seeing the bigshots in Hollywood are coming to an end. They're looking to directors of smaller, lower-budget Indie flicks to helm large franchises.

>Gareth Edwards
Went from directing and editing Monsters to doing Godzilla AND Rogue One
>Jordan Vogt-Roberts
From Kings Of Summer to fucking King Kong
>Colin Trevorrow
From Safety Not Guaranteed to Jurassic World

They're coming for the small fries (though that might be because they're easily manipulated). The future is in low-budgets, man.
>>
>>35491279
I'm gonna need to see your work. Any screenplay you have written would be good. Even better if you shot something
>>
>>35490935
Do a movie about a faggot movie director who can't come up with ideas of his own so he turns to a mongolian basket weaving forum for help
>>
>>35491508
JEJ My sides. Meanwhile all I have are ideas and I can't even flesh them out because I'm bad at that
>>
>>35491065
I can try, I think if anything that's probably possible
>>
>>35491434
I don't really care about proving myself anymore. I've abandoned all hope at this point. I'm a decent writer, posted the first page of a script I wrote for a screenwriting class a few years ago on /tv/ and got a whole bunch of compliments (while some people were being laughed at in that thread). But, it's not about skill or imagination, it's about what you're willing to do to make it. I'm done with that. I'll give it one more try, got an opportunity lined up this summer but if that fails I give up (and honestly I'll be relieved to).

>>35491415
The jews are one part of a much larger group. Secret societies run the show. Those guys you listed have sold out to these secret societies and have no doubt been initiated, although they're far from master level at this point but they'll get there. Do you know what 2001: A Space Odyssey is really about? Or the Matrix? These movies are not made purely for entertainment, they are representations of the Hollywood belief system. I'd also like to make it clear that this isn't just about entertainment: business, politics, etc. are all linked by this same belief system: Neo-Gnosticism.
>>
>>35491565
The Contest film - A woman takes care of a flower as best she could to enter a contest. She enters the contest and is pit up against what look like two exotic flowers, they're fake flowers and still they win over the girl who took great care of her flowers. (Short.)
>>35491593
I was trying to find a writing partner, I pretty much can most likely get an agent to look at our stuff, I can't guarantee it but I have someone who probably has film business friends, if you don't wanna do it, that's fine but I offered.
>>
>>35491672
Thanks for the offer man. I'm the kind of guy who writes alone though. Good luck though. Just because I don't care for this world anymore doesn't mean I have to spread my cynicism to others.
>>
>>35491727
That sucks, I mean it would be better if I had a girl to write with me, but I was willing to drop that stipulation for you since you seem to have my same mindset aside from the whole freemasonry thing. I write a lot of synopsis' criticising Zionism and America though, shit like that but they are allegorical and not at all straightforward
>>
File: IMG_0074.jpg (100KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0074.jpg
100KB, 640x480px
>>35491208
>>35490935
I drew this.
I'm sorry about that.
>>
>>35490935
Alot of great stuff is made on a small budget. I'm not gonna give you any ideas because I need to keep them for myself.

The most important part is that you dont try to emulate some ninja shit while in your mothers backyard. Or pseudo meta-physical drug overdose movies. Accept that you cant go big. Keep this real and small.

A small social realistic drama usually works with a small budget. I bet you have something interresting and important to say about the world that doesnt involve death, lasers, spaceships, mutants or any of those things.

Anyways thats what ive been doing. I can show you some lowbudget examples of stuff ive done.
>>
>>35491930
Or because your ideas are trash

Everyone thinks their ideas are the best and able to get them into Hollywood or the film business in general but truth is mostly everyone's ideas are trash, it's about execution though because you can have a good idea turn out completely trash
>>
>no ideas
>no money
>want to make a movie
Why?
>>
>>35491930
>>35491953
Oke sure. My idea's are trash, or actually I don't have any ideas at all.

Anyways, it wasnt the point of the post.
>>
>>35491967
Because it's his passion, leave him alone, pham
>>
File: 1431383674898.jpg (302KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1431383674898.jpg
302KB, 1280x1024px
A satirical mockumentary about demons and devils blending into modern society.
>>
>>35491930
I'd love to see your work, I'm always open to inspiration
>>
>>35492598
He's not gonna show you because he has no work
>>
>>35492598
Budget: 800. spend on transport and food. Was a three-day shoot. Camera and lights were for free after a lot of begging. Location was given in trade for a promotional video.
https://vimeo.com/97541594

Budget: 5000, crowdfunded. No one was paid so its technically still no-budget. Was a 6-day shoot. Mainly food and transit costs. Larger postproduction as well.
https://vimeo.com/131910069

Budget 500. Spend on transport costs and food. The limbo studio was a discount from 900 a day to 150 a day.
https://vimeo.com/116869358
>>
>>35492912
Oh, you're THAT guy. Should have told people

You have some decent films, dude
>>
make it about fedoralords fucking shit up and have intentionally bad special effects
>>
>>35490935
Make a movie about a guy who is sick of society.

He walks down a remote road, and then just turns off into the wilderness.
>>
>>35490935
make a movie about a guy that comes across a 4chan archive website 10,000 years in the future
>>
Its the future
Where robots and droid is a part of our life
There isnt much hope for humanity
They corrupt themself and making themself androids to fight death
The rich feeding off the poor requires for body parts and cyber update
U cant seems to seperate human cyborg from a advance android
The world is in a dark age
Filthy and dark, freedom is fake and the only thing thats matter is anything thats profitable
Whats left of human is hiding fighting themself out
Stop the urge from going to th darker places of this deep dark world
>>
>>35493121
ye well. Not gonna just throw it around. Anyways as you can see it doesn't have to cost shit. Even Half Empty had a unnecessarily bloated budget. 1000 had to be spend on getting the crowdfunding up and returning the rewards.

You can do a lot with nothing. But you have to be willing to put yourself out there if you want people to help you out, because that is the main thing. ...Well that and lights.

Something simple, small and meaningful. Can get you festival hits as well. And avoid meta shit that only has any value to 4chan users.
>>
>>35490935
>Tfw if I go to Film school, I'll still have to do Science and Humanities classes
Unless they mean film Science and film humanities or just regular Philosophy because that I can do.
>Tfw haven't even done my SAT and I suck at Standardized testing because I can't do Math (even basic math)
>Tfw gotta give them film reels and don't even have a camera
Fug, how am I ever gonna make it, bros?
>>
>>35490935

Remake Ghost World with two NEETS and Eliza in place of Steve Buscemi.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.