[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here /psychward/ and have any good stories? Maybe

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: isolation.jpg (5KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
isolation.jpg
5KB, 183x275px
Anyone else here /psychward/ and have any good stories? Maybe what it was like for you inside, what you were in for, what your life is like now, institutional horror stories etc.

I had a psychotic manic episode a few years back and pretty much ruined my fucking life (career, friends, any reputation i once had, potential relationship with oneitis). ended up getting blacklisted from my line of work as an educator because of it and currently live off of neetbux.
>>
>fail suicide
>public hospital has no beds
>parents get me into a cushy private hospital
>almost everyone there is there for extremely minor anxiety issues
>psychiatrist is a cunt
>call her a cunt
>wake up the next morning with a discharge form on my desk
They had nice cannelloni though
The moral of the story is don't stop taking your meds

I'm bipolar too, but bipolar two
Hah
>>
>>35489117
There's other stuff too
>get put into anxiety therapy
>don't have anxiety
>ask my psychiatrist why I'm in anxiety therapy
>no straight answer
>she starts trying to diagnose me with all sorts of shit
>asks a fuckload of leading questions
>I clearly don't have whatever she's got in her head
>she's having none of it, correcting me if I give the "wrong" answer i.e. the one she's not looking for
>tell her she's not listening to me
>she ignores me
Went on for like 2 weeks before she decided I didn't want to get better so I shouldn't be there

It was a pretty funny place. Everyone'd get up at 7, go out and chain smoke for 3 hours, group at 10, lunch at eleven, go out and chain smoke until 2, group again, go out and chain smoke until dinner at 5, go out and chain smoke until bed time
>>
>>35489023
The hospital was such a good place for me. Officializing a bogus diagnoses and barring me from my dream careers. Definitely come here if you want your rights stripped of you
>>
>>35489252
Oh I forgot where I was going with that anxiety part, I got taken off my lithium by that psychiatrist so naturally I lasted like a month before I was in again, different hospital this time with a pretty nice psychiatrist who got me on lamictal, anyhow I got put in anxiety therapy again and I was like wtf and my psychiatrist told me just to go in case I learn something, so I kept that up until I got into outpatient in an actually bipolar/depression group and did that
Well when I was getting a refill on my prescription from my gp I saw on his computer screen that I had an anxiety diagnosis from the first hospital, so the cunt psych had just diagnosed me without telling me (or asking me) just to dump me in the therapy thing because it was the only group they had there lmao
>>
>>35489329
Sorry if I'm rambling I just got on antidepressants and I'm a little hypomanic
>>
>>35489252
>>35489117
>>35489252
>>35489117
OP here, I'm also bp type 2. the first time i got put into place, it was this incredibly barebones.

Funny you mention worthless therapists and psychiatrists because they're all pretentious, useless cunts that don't actually offer any valuable insight because:
1. they've never been in your shoes and never will
2. their profession is pseudoscience bullshit
3. they get paid six figures for said bullshit

>>35489361
it's all good. what do they have you on? i've been taking depakote for bpd a few months and it's the only thing that works. they gave me some different shit at first and i had night terrors on a daily basis.
>>
>>35489497
forgot to finish that first sentence.

they put me into this incredibly barebones facility in gary, indiana that was filled to the brim with full on fucking psycho people.
>>
>>35489497
I don't think you can be type 2 if you've had psychosis, I think that's type 1 stuff

Lol psychiatrists are a real mixed bag, when I get a chance to sit down I'll go through a bunch I've had

I'm on 200mg lamictal and idk how much lexapro. My girlfriend gave it to me cause I wanted to get hypo
>>
>>35489684
Yes, you're correct, I'm type 1. I get them mixed up and have to google the difference sometimes. They're pretty similar though, just type 1 is the one with full blown psychosis it seems. I've never had a doctor actually tell me which one I am, not that I've ever asked.

>I wanted to get hypo
Hypomanic (or for me just manic) phases feel fucking great. I actually felt like a fucking chad I was so confident. I wish there was a way to maintain that elated feeling of just loving life for no fucking reason other than you just feel great and actually love yourself. Only issue is that for me it leads to me going full fucking crazy and doing dumb shit like thinking I'm an angel sent from heaven to destroy evil in downtown chicago. Nearly got myself killed by some nigger with a gun when I approached him while loudly telling him to "stop dealing drugs to the kids." Sure beats the depressive state I'm been in for the last couple months.
>>
>>35489023
>crisis team that I reguarly meet with visits
>tell them I feel like shit, meds aren't working
>they don't care like always
> don't do or say much like always.
>they say they need to leave the room
> they come back into the room and detain me under the mental health act.
>they tell me I need to be transferred up north (4 hour car journey) because I can't be trusted to be alone due to how I'm talking.
>Get call at last second that a room is available locally.
>get driven to psych ward.
>don't know what's happening.
>upset, defeated but also paniced and on edge.
>nurses everywhere.
>searched, they take away everything including phone charging cables (in case you try to strangle yourself)
>patients look visibly worse than I do, clearly insane.
>Get drugged so that I fall asleep.
>cant sleep, bright blue light above me.
>nurses check on me every 10 minutes to make sure I'm not trying to kill myself (what with?)
>next morning, only a few seconds of running water, can barely shower.
>most patients also smell/look like shit because of this, none of them have showered well in weeks.
>don't want to leave room
>nurses tell me if I don't leave my room it'll look worse on my record.
>this continues for two weeks.
>visually more depressed, fucked up and suicidal than when I came in.
>surrounded by nurses that belittle me, drug me, or think I'm insane.
>parents show up.
>demand to see me.
>get turned away.
>what the fuck is going on.
>I'm literally in a mental prison where my own parents don't have any impact.
>for saying I was suicidal, not even an attempted suicide.
>got out a week later due to constant contact between my parents and the "hospital" (jail)
>the stigma of being in hospital made me lose all of my friends.
>I never really left the mental prison.
>>
>>35489023
I don't have any horror stories, but then again, I was in a good place. I'll answer any questions that you guys might have
>>
>>35489895
I get it right up until the crazy part, glad that doesn't happen to me that sounds grim
Yeah the depression sucks ass, that's why I hated lithium so much, cut out the highs immediately but left me constantly depressed while I was on it so stopped taking it, went straight up, crashed hard, that's how I ended up in hospital

Anyhow these psychiatrists are a bunch of characters
>Dr. B
>first guy I saw
>south African, tribal masks and carvings all over the room
>spears and shit on the walls
>talks reeeeaaalll sloooowww
>spends half the sessions typing notes with one finger
>puts me on lithium on the first session
>seems like a nice guy, pretty helpful if a little odd, tweaks around my dose and sends me to get blood tests
>couple sessions later with absolutely no warning he sends me out of the room and gets my mum in from the waiting room and tells her I'm a manipulative sociopath
>his evidence for this is that I couldn't remember stuff like when my next appointment was and had to ask her
>"very manipulative behaviour "
>mum tells me all this in the car
>we're both like what the fuck
>never see him again

>Dr. F
>Dr B. Is off sick one day so he fills in
>talks real fast
>room is clean and impersonal af
>bunch of books on the binding profiles of antipsychotics on his desk
>tells me my dose of lithium is far too low
>doubles it
>sends me out of the 1hr session after ten minutes

Gonna keep going
>>
>>35490088
yeah, I had a psych tell me that I was manipulative too. The reason why was that I threatened to my friend that if he wouldn't answer my call I'd kill myself. Oh well. Such is life (I guess)
>>
>>35490088
>Dr. C
>the bitch from the hospital
>gets an idea in her head and runs with it no matter what I say
>ignores everything that doesn't fit with her idea
>decides I'm not bipolar cause I hadn't been manic once in the two weeks (lmao) that she'd seen me so she takes me off my meds
>kicks me out of hospital for calling her a cunt

>Dr. R
>asks a yes or no question
>stares at me in total silence for a solid 30 seconds with a deadly serious expression after every answer before asking another one
>most awkward shit ever
>second appointment
>towards the end
>ask him to stop staring because it makes me uncomfortable
>stares at me for 30 seconds, dead serious
>I decide to stare back at him
>he keeps staring
>intense af staring competition for like a full minute
>burst out laughing
>he's still staring
>finally manage to stop laughing
>he's still staring
>"the session's over."
>never see him again

>Dr. H
>laid back 50 something dude from the next hospital
>seems nice
>puts me on this obscure af antidepressant called agomelatine
>when I go up to the window for my meds I see basically everyone in the hospital's on it
>makes me tired
>he comes into my room for a chat every weekday at about lunch time, asks me how I'm doing etc
>always does these weird hand gestures that make it look like he's rapping
>middle aged white dude
>choking back laughter every time
>get into the outpatient group
>go into see him after group just to tell him I'm going overseas and I'll miss the next couple of weeks
>raps about random stuff for like an hour
>gives me a valium script for no apparent reason
I still didn't know about the anxiety diagnosis thing at this point so when I found out it was like holy shit this explains so much lol
>>
why aren't more people posting?
>>
>>35490709
they're all in the psych ward
>>
>been in psych wards 6 times after turning 18
>been in a psych rehab for 2 miserable years
>no one talks to me anymore unless they want shit
>placed on a community treatment order where if I don't take the meds or don't go to appointments they chuck me back in
>live in a small town so of course everyone knows my business
>no job because no one will hire a nutcase
Don't fall for the psych ward meme. They do not give a flying shit about you and see you as a threat to society. There is no risk to yourself, only risk to others.
>>
>>35489023
next posttttttt
>>
>>35490709
I'm on my phone looking at /r9k/ before bed don't really have time to post much and been going through some shit irl I will be lucky to come out alive from. I've spent months in different psych wards since I was a teenager. I have probably hundreds of stories and have thought about making a thread or posting in one of these before. If there's interest I might try to sometime although I'm not sure how much it would appeal to robots because I'm a grill, and a lot of these stories involve me bullying others in them or dozens of horror stories of me being mistreated and abused in them.
>>
>>35491710
GTFO Roastie slut!
>>
>>35489023
>be like 13
>7th grade
>mom knows I'm kinda depressed, offhandedly mention suicide one day
>she gets scared, and gets the school counselor to meet with me
>Counselor tries to hop around the question and get me to admit that I mentioned suicide.
>Police gets called in, have to go under examination or whatever the fuck, basically says "Oh, he looks alright but I would put him in the ward just to make sure"
>Wait what the hell? I'm getting put in a fucking ward for a comment?
>Go to the local hospital, and while in the waiting room with a little girl and her mother, start ranting at my mother for sending me to a ward
>girl's mother gets scared and goes outside with her daughter
>Fuck, whatever
>Get in, mostly just depressed normos with pill-popping tendencies or bulimia
>we do an icebreaker activity, there's this one girl with dyed hair that seems pretty fucked up
>She apparently has mild schizophrenia, or some other mild psychotic tendency which allows her to "hear voices"
>literally have my head in my palms, trying not to burst out laughing
Looking back, I acted really terribly in that ward, sorry girl, didn't know what you were dealing with, now I do.
>Anyhow nothing happens, there's this one girl in blue yoga pants who I really wanted to fuck, but she apparently was molested as a child, major normo though.
>Psychologist bullshit happens, etc, I get pulled out of the ward after 3 days, told no one about it since I had no real friends
Sad thing was that their was another girl who went to a ward over that weekend too and had the school fawning over her, I mean she might have been more fucked up then me, but kinda sad to see how no one cared about me.
Also, it was a three day weekend, that was probably the worse part.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.