[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think it's important to recognize that "I" am

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 3.png (223KB, 522x276px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
223KB, 522x276px
I think it's important to recognize that "I" am not my thoughts or my emotions. I can detach from my thoughts/emotions and observe them. Once I started practicing this, I realized how automatic these processes are most of the time. How often are we really consciously thinking and feeling? This has changed the way I think, although I feel it's not so much a new perspective as it is a debilitating horror.
>>
>>35481307
how do you know that the bit of yourself you detached from is not itself another automatic process?
>>
>>35481331
Making a virtue out of the sense of disconnection and just accepting that the world is a soulless automaton may sound like a reasonable idea but comes, of course, with its own dangers, most notably a complete disconnection from the shared reality of the general population and living in a reality of one's own, i.e. a dream world. This may be unavoidable in order to maintain some degree of mental sanity in a world that does not understand one, but is certainly nothing to strive for.
>>
>>35481524
And yet the dream world is as soulless as the real world. I think one would believe he is the architect of his own imagination yet it is another one of these processes.
>>
>>35481682
How do you feel about asceticism? I disagree with the idea of taking desire as the enemy because I fail to see any good in a person deprived of desire.
>>
>>35481748
I agree with you. Any shame from indulging in desire is a result from others' judgement. Fuck em
>>
Aren't you that older dutch dude that was caught with eliza and erica sexting?
>>
>>35481962
What do you desire?

>>35481996
No, that was Doj.
>>
>I can detach from my thoughts/emotions and observe them.

I don't think you can actually do that.
>>
>>35481307
>tfw realized that after start taking the meds
>Make a mistake doing something
>Suddendly notice im already starting to think about how I should kill myself and how everyone would be better without me.

Took a while to realize that my mind is a part of myself and not my whole self, and like any part it can get sick if its exposed to enough harmful stuff.

>How often are we really consciously thinking and feeling?
Thinking, we dp it all the time, but sometimes we slip to automatic mode without noticing since it's easier on the mind.
Feeling not often enough, that kind of thing needs a good load of introspection.

>>35482032
Probably not in the way you are thinking.
OP means about examinating your thought process and how you manage your emotions from a neutral point.
>>
>>35481307
Isn't this the whole point of Buddhism?
>>
>>35482220
Do you know who you are? Reality shifts into this bizarre otherworld.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.