[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I broke down crying after 27 years and confessed everything to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: CONFESSION_1.jpg (32KB, 400x355px) Image search: [Google]
CONFESSION_1.jpg
32KB, 400x355px
I broke down crying after 27 years and confessed everything to my parents. How I don't want to live, how I don't feel comfortable with life and how I cannot cope with it.
Nothing changed. This was my last fallback plan. I am even more desperate for death now.

Have you told your parents?
>>
nah nigguh but they know

but i also managed to get accepted to graduate/professional school as a 29 khv so i get one last chance
>>
don't worry mang everyone feel your way even your parent
now you can life without hope it has it own fun
good luck friend
>>
whatd they do anong
>>
>>35478110

The fact that they know but aren't helping you implies they're bad parents.

>>35478198

Told me that therapy can fix it. I've told them ten times how it's not a legitimate illness but a character flaw that I have.
I don't think therapy can help. It's only for attention whores and for people with legitimate illnesses.
>>
I formed a better philosophical and metaphysical framework for myself that doesn't allow me to despair to the point where I don't want to live.
>>
>>35478086
Never tell anyone anything other then everything is good.
First mistake.
>>
>>35478302

lol nigguh so did I in my early 20's

that shit lasted all of 2 years
>>
>>35478262

So to my post you tell me they're bad because they aren't helping me.

And to his post you reply that there's nothing that can be done to help.

Which is it, dipshit?
>>
>>35478262
you could have major depression, which is not a character flaw. of course, that doesn't mean you'll respond to therapy, but it couldn't hurt. just don't jump into medication right away

what's strange is you expected telling your parents to achieve something, but don't think talking with a professional life counselor will help anything
>>
>>35478341

I realized that. Because it's good to keep your edge and not open yourself up and become vulnerable or even lose respect.
But this were my parents, I thought parents are the exception.
>>
>>35478362
I had mine roughly defined at 18. 22 now and still not suicidal, I generally like the fact that I'm alive despite not having a gf or friends really.
>>
>>35478455

So did I. Give it a few years
>>
>>35478262
Therapy is literally there to help people who can't hope. Get over yourself and try it. Your life is already half over, quit wasting time and start moving.
>>
>>35478401

I don't see how that's mutually exclusive.
Yours is a general behaviour for parents. I assume that good parents would try to help their children.
The second post is subjective and in regards to my parents (which did offer to help) and my situation .
>>
>>35478473
Well considering I've lasted more than 2 years, I think I have a bit more going for me.
>>
>>35478429

>expected telling your parents to achieve something, but don't think talking with a professional life counselor will help anything
Because parents care more than anyone else. Talking to someone who cares should be more beneficial.

Psychologists obviously don't care about you. Despite their professional knowledge, I still find it hard to believe that they'd offer better emotional support than a loved one or a friend. Unless you have a legitimate mental illness, it feels like you're paying them to be your friend.
>>
>>35478455

There's more to life than a GF or friends. But eventually the lack of those will make you sad. You should utilize the current "high" and try to get one of those before it's too late.
>>
>>35478534
And his parents did the only thing the knew how to do, which is to try to be calm and soothing and offer practical advice. Love doesn't impart knowledge or wisdom.
>>
>>35478558
>There's more to life than a GF or friends
I know that, and it's why I'm not a suicidal, depressed wreck. I try to speak in terms that robots understand.
>>
>>35478086
>I broke down crying after 27 years and confessed everything to my parents.

Say what one will about the Catholics, but there will always be something especially cruel about their empty offer of confession.

All too many of the unwanted have no choice but to wear porcelain masks with painted smiles. If the lonely dare to show the tears staining their faces, they risk being branded criminals who have indulged in the vice of entitlement. They are unlovable and should be content with their lot, lest they inspire survivor's guilt in the actual human beings who take for granted what for an outcast is no less an impossible fantasy than Heaven itself. The repulsive ghouls who go down to the dead without having seen a smile on a woman's lips, let alone kissed those lips, are expected to rejoice in their condition. If they show themselves to be discontent, it raises the horrible specter of their humanity. A monster has dared to reveal that he has the same desires as a man. Overweening pride like that results in derisive laughter at best and chains at worst. So we teach ourselves to remain quiet, and we continue to wear our masks, regardless of how heavy they may be.

It would be lovely to remove that mask. To have someone acknowledge that you want to be desired even if you are an abomination and that you, though unlovable, wants to be loved. How amazing would it be for a monster, if only for a moment, to be regarded as a man!

It's a seductive fantasy, but one that could never be anything more. Not even the son of God would be capable of listening to the pain of one of his Father's mistakes without a grimace of embarrassment and disgust.

The practice of confession offers the promise of a moment lived as a human, something that should be infinitely more attainable than an eternity lived as an angel. The beginning of understanding for a monster is recognizing that the hope of the former is no less impossible than that of the latter.
>>
When I was 18 I broke down to my dad and basically said the same shit as you OP. Dad told me I was a disappointment to the family. I moved a few states away and somehow got a decent paying job. Fought the extreme urge to kill myself every day, am now 21. Wish I did it back when I had the guts to do it.
>>
Here you go OP. Sort yourself out.

http://pastebin.com/BiFE2fUX
>>
>>35478086

I think it's good you opened the lines of communication, but what do you want them to do about it? I mean, I'm sure they'll try to help, but only you can fix yourself.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.