[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have psychosis. Dp/dr. Basically, sometimes, I feel like the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1381.jpg (40KB, 744x793px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1381.jpg
40KB, 744x793px
I have psychosis.
Dp/dr.
Basically, sometimes, I feel like the world is fake and hazy or I'm fake and hazy. It's scary when both happen together, that's when the real fun starts.

So I said to my doc, "please be honest, am I crazy?" He said no. He said that if I was truly insane I wouldn't even comprehend that these feelings are not true and it's just in my head. Which I indeed do, I don't believe the world is fake I just think my brain is fucked.

What do you autists think?
Do I belong in the loony bin?
>>
File: 1468281972333-1.png (108KB, 303x395px) Image search: [Google]
1468281972333-1.png
108KB, 303x395px
Acknowledgement is a good start.

You don't belong in the looney bin, yet.
>>
>"I have psychosis."

Nah, you don't. Self-diagnosing like that is tantamount to those tumblr users who purport to be afflicted with mental illness.

>So I said to my doc, "please be honest, am I crazy?" He said no.
>He said no.
>no.

There's your answer. From a professional. Not robots. An actual doctor.
>>
>>35477807
>Nah, you don't.

Yeah, I do.
Same doc who said I'm not insane.
I take zyprexa for it.
>>
lele ive had that shit for 10 years now. you get used to it its not so bad.
i did the meds and some helped but then realized dont wanna be on them for life
>>
>>35477330
>>35477807

I've had two psychotic breaks and both times I knew I was going psychotic. It starts with this "aura": colors bright, words take on new significance, you catch your name in crowds, subtle things like that. Then things just keep progressing, your thoughts get stranger and stranger, you still know you're going insane but you can't stop it, you might think you can come out of it ("I'll drink a fifth of liquor to make myself sleep tonight and tomorrow will be better" "I think I've felt like this before and it was okay" etc). Eventually your thoughts are too strange and you can no longer effectively "audit" them because they are racing too fast for language or rational processing, and ultimately you do lose the insight that you are insane, and sometime shortly after you attract the attention of authorities and get taken to the hospital and given haldol.
>>
>>35477330
I've had moments of derealization, shit is a weird feeling, but I can't imagine how it becomes pathological.
>>
>>35478677
That sounds absolutely horrifying
>>
>>35478716

Terrifying but also beautiful/euphoric. If you stay up for long enough you break the seal of duality and that's when you're truly gone. Every word of the thoughts in your head spins off on different paths of etymology, memory, emotion. It's like seeing the whole world at once. But you can't control it or contain your thoughts so your speech becomes incoherent.You literally cannot distinguish reality from irreality because you've reached this philosophical epiphany that is beyond those concepts.

The second time I really didn't want to end up in the loonie bin and did all sorts of stuff like make my bedroom light free, drink like crazy to try to get some sleep at night even if only an hour or two, but it was all for naught.
>>
>>35477330
Believing that something is wrong with you is your first mistake. You are the way God wants you to be. Don't let them take your freedom. Don't get locked up.
>>
>>35479166

Man it's all well and good to talk about freedom but if you suffer under a condition that causes you to randomly lose touch with reality and think you're being pursued by evil entities etc, it's probably best to suck it up and take your lithium. Not because you're dangerous to others, since most people with psychotic issues never are, but because you're dangerous to yourself, and going craycray is humiliating and can easily lead to losing your job/house. Not many people have the capacity to empathize with a psychotic person. Because they've never truly lost control of their thoughts, they think a psychotic person is someone who lacks control and is morally inferior. If you accuse your best friend of trying to rape you, it's hard to come back from that by saying "man I was having a psychotic break nothing personal".
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.