[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagine you were the only person on some barren, distant planet.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: mera_hills.jpg (660KB, 2020x972px) Image search: [Google]
mera_hills.jpg
660KB, 2020x972px
Imagine you were the only person on some barren, distant planet. There's nothing around except the occasional mountain and thousands of miles of flat terrain. There's drinkable water in various places, but it usually takes you at least 6 hours of travelling a day to find it, and any source runs dry after at least three days.

There's berries to sustain you, but they taste like shit and aren't filling in the slightest.

What would you do?

Personally, I'd kill myself after two years maximum
>>
I'd build monuments.
>>
>>35470610
why did you write all that shit when you could have just said >what if u were in purgatory
>>
>>35470610
>implying I wouldn't just build wicked fucking sand castles
>>
>>35470909
Because the word purgatory doesn't have a universal, physical image to it. Plus the toil of having to search for food and water and still feeling physical ailments is imperative to my mother fucking question you goddamn fucking cunting fucking piece of goddamn fucking SHIT
>>
>>35470934
You need tons of water to build a sandcastle over like 30 cm tall.
>>
Meditate and read in my mind, get fit and wait for the hallucinations and insanity
>>
I think my instinct of self preservation and hope of one day finding something better would keep me alive and suffering for a long time. So pretty much like real life. Wew. Hope is the greatest evil.
>>
>>35471001
The amazing part is you can meditate while doing repetitive tasks, so you can do it while you spend all your time walking. If you do it correctly, like monks, you will find great satisfaction in very simple tasks.

With enough practice you could live a very happy life just walking around and doing your thing
>>
>>35471121
You'd go mental from the lack of visual stimuli. Monks on Earth have the beauty of nature and architecture which is naturally comforting to a human mind.

On this planet you'd go insane from the lack of shit around you
>>
Hit rocks with other rocks for tools.
Destroy a few berry plants if I can't find shrub to craft basket for berries. See if water wells refill or how long. Use rock tools and water to dig around water source for clay. Make fire from shrubs or berry plants to harden clay as water container. Gather up as much water and berries as I can carry and walk as far as possible in one cardinal direction as possible navigating using the sun and stars. Hope I find better terrain before supplies run out.
>>
I suspect the whole situation would make me happy. Source: reports from people who were in "hard to sustain your life" situations. When you have to concentrate on every daily task 100% (or else you die), your mind has no capacity to manufacture unhappiness.
>>
>>35470610
Build shit I guess. But what is the final demise here is probably suicide. Nobody anywhere wants to stay on a barren planet without sex.
>>
>>35471162
If it looks like that picture I am sure you could find plenty of stimulation. You are not living in some strange void where everything is a single color. There is beauty to be found everywhere if you are looking hard enough.

Regardless when you are practicing something like mindfulness meditation you want to focus on something completely, like your breathing, you shouldn't be looking out and trying to appreciate the beauty of nature.
>>
>swallow the berries like pills with the water
>get used to stomach being empty not being dangerous
>take a 6 hour walk every 3 days
>do some writing and painting on flat rocks with ink from sun dried berries
>collect stems and branches and weave into a hammock
>stare at the night sky and daydream
comfy life, yes please
>>
Crushing resource constraints, mindless repitition, constant fear. Sounds like what I've got going on now, honestly.
>>
File: bred.jpg (41KB, 420x515px) Image search: [Google]
bred.jpg
41KB, 420x515px
I already live in a desert, it would be just like home.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.