[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It has been 5 years since I have been here, and I have been monitoring

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: Heroes collage resize hitler.jpg (387KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Heroes collage resize hitler.jpg
387KB, 900x900px
It has been 5 years since I have been here, and I have been monitoring this board for a couple of weeks, so I thought I would check in and give you a bit of an overview on how this place has changed.

Here we go...
>>
attention caught
>>
>>35467751
>that pic

Holy fuck lol Rest In peace to both of them
>>
File: 1481164699101.jpg (51KB, 750x404px) Image search: [Google]
1481164699101.jpg
51KB, 750x404px
Years ago, this place was a social gathering for people who, paradoxically, didnt like social gatherings. It was here we avoiders of society would congregate to confer our opinions about our situation and find acceptance for our different way of life.

It was populated by those of us who never went out much, never socialized and never had any friends or partners to begin with. Well, whats the difference now compared to back then? Were all still just losers, I hear you cry.

There are 2 major changes in peoples demeanors around here.
>We were happy with the way we lived and simply wanted to find others who also lived this way and connect with them in a no-hassle, no-commitment way.
>We had goals and dreams in life and were working towards them.

Sure weve always had our complete losers threads, but it has grown to encompass the entire board and changed what /r9k/ used to be about.

All the whining and longing for a normal life now is fucking pathetic and has irreversibly changed this board to say the least. These people are basically admitting they desire a normal life, for what purpose I dont know but I havent given up on you guys out there like me, us, like we used to be. I know there are some of you out there who are more than happy to live like this but you get dragged into the depressive state of minds by all the idiots around here and think you want that too, yet you only come here to find other individuals of the same mindset.
>>
>>35467819
/r9k/ used to be filled with 'gentlemen' and 'robot' didn't mean socially anxious loser until it became that

it used to be less crazy calmer /b/
>>
rjw
>>
>>35467882
i'm sorry i really have no idea how when and why i sent that
go on op
>>
File: 1481164392128.jpg (213KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481164392128.jpg
213KB, 1280x960px
I havent been here for a few years, so let me tell you my story. Maybe it will spark a memory in a fellow oldfag.

For the past 5 years I have been working on videos for a future youtube channel non stop. I got this idea from a user here who, when youtube was just starting to take it's content creators and making them massive high-paid celebrities

I have been incredibly lucky to have been able to devote so much time for so long to doing so. I have had a dream of earning a living from youtube because I love making videos, particularly of the documentary style I do, a dream which extends to having my own internet series one day. I dont plan on becoming a millionaire via youtube or anything like that, but Id love to be able become self sufficient for the first time in my life.

Problem is, Im an ausfag with terrible capped internet. Yes, still in 2017 the NBN is at least a year or more away. But that has not deterred me. I have been working on videos, day in, day out, for 6 and sometimes 7 days a week, 8 to 12 hours a day, everyday for the past 5 years. I have over 220 videos ready to upload right now and that number keeps growing by the week. But each one is anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes long and is between 3 to 6GB. I have just 10GB per month of data allowance of wireless internet because I am apparently just too far away from the exchange for anything else. This means monthly uploads if I were to upload, but even then the speeds are so slow it would take days to upload that one video.

So I am waiting on this NBN and when it comes, I may have my break. Such a large bank of content may mean I have the leisure to explore new avenues while my audience grows. I have been incredibly fortunate that youtube is still a feasible source of income and a sizeable audience still remains for the style content I create.
>>
File: 1481163809719.jpg (162KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1481163809719.jpg
162KB, 1024x768px
I have another thing to add what it used to be like around here. In case it wasn't bleedingly obvious, hardly anyone was depressed, or at least never showed it in their posts. It's like that's become a new fashionable thing.

Anyway, I am still the 'pathetic loser' that society would dub me as back in 2012, as I have no friends, no woman, no experience, sexual or otherwise, at anything other than making videos and am absolutely running on fumes financially at this point, but the point is, through a lot of hard work and sacrifice, great things are made and without that sacrifice and devotion to investment in whatever you want to do, you will be destined to live that boring normal life youve always wanted.

Now I want to hear about you guys. Whats been happening with you?
>>
File: CO4-rZkWEAAlqeI.jpg large.jpg (41KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
CO4-rZkWEAAlqeI.jpg large.jpg
41KB, 640x640px
>>35467835
Yeah I suppose that was a pretty good summary. /b/, to me, has now become a complete caricature of itself. It always was the forefront of idiocy and mayhem but now it's like expected, as if people there set a high standard of ridiculousness of themselves, whereas before it seemed a lot more relaxed, still great and retarded. Maybe just a new generation of fellow delinquents have migrated there and upped the game and posted traps and all that shit everywhere.

/r9k/ has devolved into this depressed mess which I don't recognize at all and just don't understand. It's sad becuase this used to be a great place for people who like to live like us.
>>
>>35468052
>without that sacrifice and devotion to investment in whatever you want to do, you will be destined to live that boring normal life

What's been happening to me is that I have had increasingly less motivation to do anything. I've never had dreams or ambitions, but ever since graduating high school I have lost the desire to do even the most basic things.

I've tried learning programming, drawing, making music, writing, and always dropped these things soon after starting due to losing interest or motivation. So, it is as you describe: I have a boring, normal life... Well, without any friends, or leaving the house, or a job, etc.
>>
File: 1433501733621.jpg (421KB, 2100x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1433501733621.jpg
421KB, 2100x1650px
>>35468220
I have been making videos for over 10 years. I started with my own movie and game trailers in movie maker. They sucked and never went anywhere. I revisited the idea and dream again and again and again but nothing ever come of it, my skills never seemed to get better and I just gave up too easy.

I also play guitar and piano and wanted to become a famous successful musician. For many many times I picked up the guitar or sat at the piano and failed or experienced that lack of motivation, creating shit songs and musical pieces leading to me putting it to the side for months at a time, neglecting practice.

But I always came back eventually.

You can fail. You can put things off. You can say you will never get good at it so why try. But eventually you can always come back to them.

No matter how much time you've wasted, no matter how many times you've failed. An immediate failure isn't the end of that endeavor, it's a bump in the road and an important part of the process of mastery, and recognizing this fortifies your resolve when picking it back up again.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.