[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's that time again, anons. Who here is going to church

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 14

File: christchan.jpg (49KB, 680x435px) Image search: [Google]
christchan.jpg
49KB, 680x435px
It's that time again, anons. Who here is going to church tomorrow? Who else here /christian/?

Also general niceposting. Weebs tolerated.
>>
>>35463289
do theists actually post here?
>>
>>35463345
Sometimes these threads are successful. Once in a while they get a good number of replies.

Sometimes they flop and our posts will be the only ones.

I thought it would be a nice change.
>>
>>35463345
Religious people come here all the time. Religion does not have much of an effect on people. Even if we go Pence mode and force theocracy on people degeneracy will thrive
>>
>>35463289
I'm interested in going to church only to fuck the women in the church. Women are real touchy feely with me now. Always hugging and rubbingonmme
>>
>>35463289
Why would I want to goto heaven?
>>
File: americanpepe.jpg (49KB, 559x558px) Image search: [Google]
americanpepe.jpg
49KB, 559x558px
I'll be going to church tomorrow after I dispose of the dead bodies.
>>
>>35463455
I don't know. I'm not big on the Heaven deal myself. It's more about stuff like The Sermon on the Mount than wanting to be on some cloud chilling with St. Augustine.

Besides, I don't think they would have cigarettes in Heaven and that sounds like it would blow.
>>
>>35463574
Christianity honestly never sells people on heaven. Wow, sitting on a cloud singing praise to God, sounds exciting. The primary benefit to heaven is that it's not hell, which is a shitty argument imo, considering the Bible doesn't really go into detail on hell. Everyone gets their vision of hell from Dante's Inferno.
>>
>>35463574
I don't like seeing or talking to people other than on the internet, and blind faith is disgusting to me.
>>
>>35463289
Maybe someday,after i've fully hit rock bottom.
>>
>>35463634
I'm pretty sure if you were pretty fucked in life God might roast your ass but mostly you just kind of die if you don't make the cut.

If you do, I don't know what happens. For me it's a nice moral framework, Jesus is a pretty cool guy, and the church offers a support network of sorts. No, I don't hate gays and yes I believe in climate change.

We get a bad rap because of American literalists and borderline fundamentalists that occupy some political offices.
>>
File: 1487183451657.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487183451657.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
I want to go to church tomorrow but im incredibly drunk(broke my Lenten promise) and i know I am gonna wake up with a terrible hang over in the morning

I guess I'll just see what Im feeling at 7am
>>
File: Buddy Christ.jpg (27KB, 302x512px) Image search: [Google]
Buddy Christ.jpg
27KB, 302x512px
>>35463645
Well, OK then, have fun I guess. Just remember this dude's there for you.
>>
>>35463710
I thinking the Calvinists got it right. Your destiny pre determined and most people go to help. The bible even says most people are doomed to hell.
>>
File: 1487678660983.jpg (614KB, 800x609px) Image search: [Google]
1487678660983.jpg
614KB, 800x609px
>>35463814
Well, I guess you'd better go to church then tomorrow. Hell sounds like it is going to be super rough.
>>
>>35463849
You can't choose its chosen for you by god. That means go into church is pointless. Just live a life of degeneracy
>>
TL;DR at bottom

Question to the religious people here. Is being agnostic a guarantee to go to hell in your books? I'm agnostic because I just believe it'd be impossible for either side to prove themselves in any way. I don't wanna dedicate my life to faith in something that I only know through the words of man, not God.

I try my hardest to be the best person I can be for others. I want to help strangers by pushing for things that will help everyone. To be the shoulder to lean on when friend are troubled. To be the person that gives my partner meaning. I want to help others in every way possible. You know, that stuff. Its the only thing in life that actually makes me happy, when I know I've made someone else happy.

That being said though, I don't really agree with a lot of things that are in the bible. Like, I'm pro-choice on abortion because I believe death of the infant would be preferred over having it shoved into an impoverished, abusive, and/or disruptive foster home which are known for raising mentally unstable children. I'm supportive of gay and transexual people because I don't really feel like its morally wrong, and only makes you feel weird because its different. There's even scientific backing to defend them. So I kinda just say hey, live your life, you know? Do what makes you happy. But both of these things would be a sin, right?

TL;DR - If I try to be a good person but am agnostic, would God care?

This isn't really a pressing matter for me but I'm just curious and you guys seem rather approachable.
>>
>>35464206

>I'm pro-choice on abortion because I believe death of the infant would be preferred over having it shoved into an impoverished, abusive, and/or disruptive foster home which are known for raising mentally unstable children.

Then why wouldn't it be okay to simply kill a mentally unstable child?
>>
File: 3361.jpg (131KB, 997x432px) Image search: [Google]
3361.jpg
131KB, 997x432px
>>35463559
Don't forget about those video tapes, anon.
>>
>>35464276
Thought provoking point. I suppose its because by that point, they're already in this world. We can work with them. We don't just throw away our problems, you know? Also, where do we decide that someone is too mentally unstable to live? When they have serious mental illnesses and what not, like schizophrenia? Or just general depression? Regardless, I just don't think its a good situation to put those kids in. A lot of them turn to drug abuse or fail to find a serious job or career pathway due to complete lack of support from a non existent and ever-changing "family", essentially setting them up for a lifetime of failure.
>>
>>35464276
Is this a serious question? Do yo u have a chimp brain?
Killing a child vs killing a fetus
Both are traumatic but killing a child is 100x worse.
Oh my fucking hell you are a retarded nigger
Do us a favor nigga, jump off a cliff
>>
>>35463289
I'm agnostic but I think if you modify the church a little bit, it would be more tolerable and totally acceptable.
>>
>>35464417
>modify the church
That's heresy!
>>
>>35463289
ITT mentally ill people enabling each others delusions
>>
File: 1488680619099.png (2MB, 1444x1141px) Image search: [Google]
1488680619099.png
2MB, 1444x1141px
>>35464451
How's that fedora feel, lad?
>>
Original plox
>>
>>35464491
Hws that stick in your ass laddie
>>
File: 1489246163864.png (25KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1489246163864.png
25KB, 650x650px
>>35464491
>stating facts makes you a fedora tipper

Begone religfag
>>
I genuinely don't understand how people believe in theistic religions.
Someone help me understand.
>>
>>35464543
>stating facts
What facts? I see none.
>>
>>35464526
Feels a lot better than your spelling and punctuation.
>>
>>35464576

there's side benefits to belief and cognitive dissonance exists
>>
Going to church tomorrow and the girl I've been talking to has been in a car accident. Makes me not want to go to church because everyones asking if I visited her. I've been raised Christian and Buddhist and I think I've finally had enough of Christianity. It never made sense to me and I am tired of keeping up this facade.

>>35463739
I'm also an alcoholic. Have you ever gone to rehab or tried AA/NA?

>>35463407
Are you going to be their Sampson to tear down the pillars of their loneliness? Most church girls will end up as cat ladies in my experience.
>>
>>35464451
Just like how people call trannies their gender in which they want to be called.
>>
I believe there is likely some sort of God or creator out there, but it seems pretty naive and small-minded to believe any of the religions on Earth have it even remotely right
>>
File: 1454793012307.png (766KB, 700x999px) Image search: [Google]
1454793012307.png
766KB, 700x999px
Can i meet cute Christfus?
>>
File: christchan2.png (185KB, 470x480px) Image search: [Google]
christchan2.png
185KB, 470x480px
>>35464745
Maybe not but here's a way early version of Christ-chan.
>>
>>35464396
Hopefully you're joking, but in case you're not, I'll explain. They're playing devil's advocate. They took anon's stance on abortion and used the idea of it in a new and more controversial context in order to draw attention to a flaw and give anon a chance to develop his argument. It's a tactic that helps develop arguments and debates as well as expose weaknesses and falsities. So to answer your question, yes, in a way it's a serious question, but no they're not saying "oh cool, let's go kill children"
>>
File: 2ff.png (188KB, 403x441px) Image search: [Google]
2ff.png
188KB, 403x441px
>>35464822
That's a nice Christ-chan, lad
>>
>>35464831
It's just common sense you retard. A fetus is not equal to a child. You shouldn't need some designated dimwit to help you come to that conclusion
>>
Churches are full of the meanest normies on Earth. They would crucify me if it was legal, just because I'm different from them..
>>
>>35464982
Most people in churches are pretty nice, anon. How are you so different you'd get crucified? What are you, Catholic?
>>
>>35465024
>Most people in churches are pretty nice
No, they are not. They assume you're an child rapist junkie alcoholic car thief because they have never seen you before and you try to sit at the back and keep to yourself.
>>
>>35464543
What makes you a fedora tipper is the arrogant asshole vibe. Whether or not there is a god cannot be proven, and while the concept isn't exactly logical, it can't be disproven. I'm not a Christian, and definitely am not about to go saying it's the best thing in the world, but there's a use to it. People are religious because in some way it improves their lives for them, helps them function or get by, gives them a purpose, or maybe they just were raised religious and just kinda went with it. Regardless, it's just a belief that someone chooses to have. What makes you a fedora tipper is being an edgy prick because someone chose a method you disagree with to go about their life. You can argue that there's more evidence against God than for them, and say that people should pursue truth and logic, but why "should" they? What makes it more "right" than being religious? In fact, you can even say that is logical for people to be Christian because it increases their functioning and allows them to better fit into and play their part in society, and it even encourages societally beneficial behavior like charity or general generosity. If there's no outside divine force to dictate right and wrong, that means that what would we "should" do would be what benefits the most people, because survival or whatever. Christianity even directly discourages negative behavior like killing or theft, and gives people a more driving motive to act in a way that benefits more people and the world around them. So this kind of "good Christian" behavior that the religion encourages would actually be competely logical, moreso than the behavior that YOUR beliefs encourage, which apparently is just acting like a pretentious prick on the Internet. Of course the "good Christian" thing ignores radicalism and the more negative ideologies in the religion, but in the end I'm just bored, and you annoyed me. Try being interesting if you feel like making it up to me, I like debates.
>>
File: alien.jpg (200KB, 1001x746px) Image search: [Google]
alien.jpg
200KB, 1001x746px
The only good christians are the ones who don't care about their faith enough to read the bible or analyze it.

The christian god is cruel, the christian god is fickle, the christian god will torment all your atheist friends just because they have enough sense not to believe something without proof.
>>
>>35465269
Depends which church you go to. There are chill churches and there are churches where everyone in attendance is a fucking psycho who will lock their kid in a closet for a week because they read Harry Potter.
>>
I grew up a christian, and would I identify as a "Liberal Christian" (I believe much of the old testament is metaphor I.G. the flood, Eden, Moses, etc.) But I believe in the New Testament. I want to be a christian, but I'm gay... What should I do?
>>
>>35466216
>I'm gay... What should I do?
Not be gay
>>
>>35463710
So if you're a christian you get to live forever in heaven but if you don't make the cut, he kills you. That's better than roasting in hell for all eternity I suppose, but that's still something a tyrant would do.

You won't resent god for butchering your loved ones like pigs, for letting them disappear into nothingness? Won't you mourn their loss?
>>
>>35466216
Go to one of those anti gay camps. Cry when it doesn't cure you of gayness. Or try to convince yourself that the bible totally doesn't say that gays are an abomination and people are interpreting it wrong.
>>
>>35466305
I mean it says gay sex is an abomination, mostly within the context of Judaism. Jews are strictly forbidden from sodomy. Leviticus is their law, not ours.
>>
>>35466216
Plenty of Christian churches are accepting of gays. It's pretty easy to believe Jesus would have accepted homosexuals had he been born in today's day and age.

Find a church which is pro-gay rights. Shouldn't be hard at all if you live in a decent-sized city, particularly a church many young people attend.

I'm an atheist now but I used to go to (and still very occasionally do go to) a catholic church which made a big deal out of accepting gay people. The priests eventually got excommunicated for a variety of reasons (and everyone baptised there is apparently un-baptised, which made it pretty easy for me to become fully atheist) but it was good while it lasted... I really loved that place.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 126x159px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 126x159px
>>35463289
>walking to class
>guy stops and asks if I want to join a bible study
>keep walking
Stupid christfags dont you know im /devilish/?
>>
so, i just wanna rant for a second if that's be okay. i was an atheist since i could rationalize my own thoughts on religion, as my parents didn't really instill any religious values in me growing up.
anyway, shortly after doing lsd and the death of loved family, i had a mental breakdown and began to believe in God. it really helped me out and while i still struggle with stuff, i'm better. i still get bouts of paranoia and stuff but whatever

anyway, i read the new testament first and was sold on it, but then i started reading the old testament and it didn't really have the same effect on me. now that i'm more mentally stable i question everything in it and stuff.
idk where to go from here desu
i've only been to church like 3 times

>>35466216
i know the feeling anon, i'm pretty much in the same boat
>tfw gay
>>
>>35466428
This has happened to me 3 times the same guy asking on my campus. Do people really do this on uni campuses?He usually singles me out and b-lines it for me. I have been incredibly rude to him each time so I am surprised he doesn't recognize me by now. Do I just have a christian face? Or do I look degenerate enough that I need a bible study. I went to catholic school for 10 years and I am a non practicing catholic but theres no way im going to a bible study.
>>
>>35466499
Is there a branch of Christianity that rejects the old testament wholely? If there isn't we should start one. Say shit like the old testament has been corrupted and is no longer annoited by God.
>>
>>35466567
Marcionism, Gnosticism, and Manichaeism I think
>>
>>35466567
before i was a christian i wanted to start a cult lol, stop appealing my devilish side you butthole
but in reference to a few things in the old testament, when being 100% logical and not looking at things from a spiritual perspective, things seem a lot different to me. for example, the books of Moses seem to be about an Egyptian noble who leads a slave revolt and forms a new religion around a war God, causing ethnogenises and creating the Jewish people. and then dejected and desolate are God's people, hence why they were all slaves beforehand.

>>35466606
honestly i seem to fall more in line with gnostoicism, based on a few things i've read
one thing that boggles me is how complex a lot of spiritual stuff is. maybe i'm just retarded but idk
i really feel like God should've made this a little easier ;__;
>>
>>35463289
I've tried religion 3 times. Never again.
1. Lots of hypocrisy especially from the preachers kid.
2.Dubious evidence for claims
3.Adding things that were never there. For example about 20% of Christians believe in reincarnation
>>
>>35467149
>For example about 20% of Christians believe in reincarnation
Source me on that statistic, lad
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.