[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm obsessed with deleting messages I've sent, pictures

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: feels.png (325KB, 935x552px) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
325KB, 935x552px
I'm obsessed with deleting messages I've sent, pictures I've downloaded and clearing my history on everything. I go back and delete every single individual message. I also make a ton of new emails and new accounts for games.

Does anybody else do this? Is there a name for it? I feel like I can't stop.
>>
>>35461797
Why do you do it? Explain as best you can
>>
>>35461797
It's called being an invisible man who leaves no traces.
>>
>>35461828

regarding message deletion, it's because i regret sending them and deleting the message makes me feel like i never sent it and i don't have to look at my mistakes, and maybe the person i sent them to will forget about it.

I make new accounts and emails all the time because it's a way of starting over for me. Same as with the messages I guess, I just pretend that everything that had to do with the other accounts never happened.
>>
i do this too, very hard to explain but i find that i'm always deleting close to all of my shit off my hard drive (including personal files and my only backups of shit), am constantly cleaning and throwing things away.
the making new emails and accounts is also me, not as much since i basically just go on 4chan but if i still played games and signed up for things, i likely would. i used to have a new email account every 6 or so months if not less and anything attached to the old account, i would just remake altogether instead of changing emails

no clue what it is though op, i wish i knew what manner of affliction this was. not even sure if we have the same thing exactly but i can draw similarities
>>
>>35462009
i used to do this. and i used to not talk. and i used to just try to be the most unassuming person i could be. it was a way of trying to be invisible in order to not be a burden to anyone.

i stopped when i realized that it doesn't matter and words are just air and that my silence was hurting more people than it was either helping or not hurting. so what i was doing was pretty much the opposite. some people cared.
>>
>>35462075

it's exactly the same, i forgot to mention that i also wipe my hard drive and clean files from my phone as well. And i throw out personal belongings that i somehow associated with rough times.

>>35462137

the difference is that I talk a decent amount, if its via messages i delete it awhile after the conversation has ended. I wish i could erase the moments i speak with my voice as well.
>>
iktf op, just so you know so you can look after yourself.. it's paranoia.
>>
>>35461797
Minimalism? Saving drive space? Sounds cool imo.
>>
>>35462321
is it really though? the only person i dread seeing what i've done is myself.
>>
>>35461797
i like to save every message i send

in fact i sent like 100 emails to gmail support to restore one i accidentally deleted
>>
>>35462424
and they didnt give it to me reee
>>
>>35461797
>>35462009
I sort of do this, but usually it is because of a hack, or because I don't like the suggestions the site makes based off history that no longer applies to me anymore (example: I bought a lot of books thru amazon, the site started recommending a ton of shit based on that, but Im not in college anymore, so I deleted my account and opened a new one with a new email).

I think weekly deletion of search history is reasonable, and probably the right thing to do.

It's just a form of OCD anon.

You probably should delete and change things from time to time, but you would save time by centralizing and not setting up new accounts without reason.
>>
>>35463466
(cont'd)

One way to cope with this is to organize your communications and accounts on one email into differnt folders. Limit the # of folders to 7 or 8

It saves a lot of time, and you can retrieve or look back on things if you need to.
>>
>>35461797
I have a bad habit of going back into my old messages to mine the cringe/make myself feel terrible and post it here.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.