[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright r9k, I've been suffering from depression for a long

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: depressed pepe.jpg (54KB, 564x677px) Image search: [Google]
depressed pepe.jpg
54KB, 564x677px
Alright r9k,
I've been suffering from depression for a long time. And I wish I could kill myself. However, the reason I haven't is due to fear. I'm extremely scared of what lies on the other side. My biggest fear is of there being nothingness. Just oblivion, and the loss of self consciousness. That's the main thing that has been stopping me from doing it all these years. How do I get rid of this fear fellow robots?
>>
>>35436066
isn't nothingness the most alluring aspect of suicide? the whole basis of your depression is due to consciousness and an overt sense of self awareness, surely by eliminating this you achieve complete bliss?
>>
File: 1487549644166.jpg (27KB, 667x659px) Image search: [Google]
1487549644166.jpg
27KB, 667x659px
you're born again and become the same person...think about it.

I want too, but I would make so many people sad and they have to live with it. Thing is I'm waiting for time to heal me. Hopefully I'm good by the end of the year.
>>
>>35436132
I don't know. I find the aspect of it scary. And being reborn or any sort of after life much more comforting.
>>
>>35436194
Yeah. I'm not concerned about people caring I'm gone. Not that many would possibly even care. I'm just afraid for myself that's all. I have no problem with consequences in the world I'm leaving as I'll be gone. I'm just afraid of the aspect to what happens next
>>
I was thinking about possibly seeking help but it hasn't helped in the past and I'm skeptical of it doing any good again. I just lack ambition for anything. I don't see a future for myself at all. My NEET days are numbered. I have no real talents or skills that can help me with my future. Nor do I have any people that care about me. It just doesn't seem worth it. I've been considering suicide for years now I just don't know how to get over that fear. I'm just so afraid of what lies ahead. I wish I could do it I really do.
>>
File: 1485483515320.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1485483515320.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>35436339
I feel like you become the same person though...it's just weird itself that you are you. When I was 10 looking at the mirror I was like " woah i'm real, im me, im you, this is real, my perspective from my view is like this". Why are we here and why was I born?

There are so many variations and possibilities that could've happened in everyday life but those paths were chosen. I'm so curious as to what would've happened if I stayed in college playing baseball, if I joined the military, or if I found love in high school

I WANT TO KNOW
>>
>>35436442
So you think you are just reborn again as yourself but you take another path in life?
>>
Hey, I'll take nothingness over hell or being reborn as a cockroach or some shit. It'd be like a dreamless sleep that never ends.
>>
File: 54232342342325t25.png (174KB, 385x381px) Image search: [Google]
54232342342325t25.png
174KB, 385x381px
>>35436483
yes. Think about what life is after death, what if you had no friends, who would you celebrate with? Why would it be endless in the afterlife if you had nothing before.

life is mysterious
>>
File: enough.jpg (7KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
7KB, 316x202px
I'd really like to believe anything. I envy the people who have faith in the afterlife. I wish I could make myself believe and maybe then I could go through with it. But I just can't make myself do it. I'm trying to get into Christianity. I'm trying to believe in God and an afterlife. Anything, so I could have some comfort I'm still gonna have consciousness. Anything would be better than oblivion in my eyes. Even hell.
>>
File: miserable cat.jpg (40KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
miserable cat.jpg
40KB, 640x360px
>>35436562
Yeah. I think that too. Why were we born in the first place if our only purpose is to die? Why are we conscious. It just seems it can never be answered. I don't know how to deal with that
>>
>>35436194
Thats what they say every year
>>
File: c3b.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
c3b.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
why can't there be a turnoff switch after a certain amount of time or tragic thing that completely changes ur life
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.