[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marijuana makes me not want to kill myself. Explain that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: images.jpg (2KB, 135x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2KB, 135x90px
Marijuana makes me not want to kill myself.

Explain that to me autists
>>
Maybe you have depression and the marijuana relieves the symptoms.
>>
marijuana causes your brain to release endorphins which make you feel good
>>
You're rushing the same chemicals in your brain that you get when you are actually doing things and earning dopamine. It's like a whole new world for some one with limited experiences.
>>
File: peep.png (254KB, 466x369px) Image search: [Google]
peep.png
254KB, 466x369px
>>35435580
Drugs make you feel good news at 11 folks
>>
File: tumblr_no0nxr7Owh1ur3ib6o1_1280.png (214KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_no0nxr7Owh1ur3ib6o1_1280.png
214KB, 1280x853px
>>35435680
I was looking and i can get prescribed weed for depression in my state.

god bless
>>
>>35435701
If your state has medical marijuana, you can get it "prescribed" for a pinky toe injury, for earlobe pain, or for "anxiety" towards anything

You literally do not need an excuse to get prescribed marijuana. Just $~40 and proof you live in that state
>>
>>35435619

This, your brain releases the same chemicals as it does when you go for a run or have sex. These "reward" chemicals are designed to trick you in to repeating the behaviour that releases them. Same thing happens when you drink alcohol, eat fat or sugar or smoke cigarettes by the way.

There are healthy ways to get these reward chemicals (exercise mainly) but smoking is obviously way easier. Marijuana also alters your perception of reality, whereas running does not, so it's more fun too.

The trick is to understand what you are doing to your brain so you can moderate it. You start to get in to trouble when you deplete/desensitise the brain to these chemicals through smoking and so actual healthy activities feel less rewarding than they should.
>>
>>35435834

tl;dr if marijuana is an effective cure for your depression OP then regular exercise probably would be as well
>>
>>35435834
I'm not op but I'm too ashamed and embarrassed to run so I don't do it
>>
>>35435887
Running isn't the only exercise

You can very well do a complete and lengthy workout in your room doing calisthenics only (using your own bodyweight)
>>
>>35435887

well the problem with using marijuana on a daily or very regular basis is that eventually you will build a tolerance to it and at that point it will no longer work, and you will be stuck in a hole for months feeling like shit trying to re-acclimate your brain to normal levels of dopamine

like all recreational drugs marijuana is better used as an occasional treat rather than a daily therapy. Having said that if it really is the only thing keeping you from offing yourself you're probably better off using it daily for now until you can find a more sustainable solution. Think of it as a battle against time to fix your life before you become completely tolerant.
>>
>>35436042

same way many doctors these days will only prescribe benzos for a few weeks at a time rather than a permanent solution

they are best used as a way to treat your immediate symptoms while you work through your issues in a healthier way, and hopefully in a few weeks you won't need them any more
>>
File: 1487730839978.jpg (149KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1487730839978.jpg
149KB, 800x800px
>>35435580
'cause weed is great.
>>
Going to buy a bike soon. Will it relieve my depression?
>>
Weed also makes me not want to kill myself.
Part of it can be from feeling better, but it can also increase my anxiety having the opposite effect.
The picturing of my graphic suicide and the consequences of it make me less feel like doing it. Also, sometimes it can help motivate me.
>>
funny. weed actually does make me want to kill myself.

it didn't always though...for the past few years i get an extremely anxious reaction--sweating, higher pulse rate, bad thoughts, wishing that i didn't just smoke--but not really paranoia...

last time i smoked i was camping with friends. i took a few hits from a bowl and ended up walking away to sit on a rock in the woods, alone, with my head in my lap...for about a half hour, shivering (it was summer)...then i got scared of the dark and went back...

i think i started too early (barely 15)...and did it too often...and I wonder if that fact has anything to do with my current mental issues and overall blahness and lack of drive. all of my friends--my closest ones, the ones I smoked with most often--are in a similar state 9 years later.
>>
File: biking is fun.jpg (23KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
biking is fun.jpg
23KB, 600x300px
>>35435580

I just got a diagnosis of vestibular migraines with a nice whopping side of labrynthitis. Weed helps me mitigate the after shocks, but maybe that's because I can pretend the inability to form coherent sentences and weird bodily feelings on bud. At least it makes me less anxious that I'll have another episode.

The problem is, I can't smoke at all during the episodes. I'm too busy puking and crying. I wonder if my state will be able to give me the drops you put on your tongue or lip balm that they prescribe to epileptics.

Any kind Anons have advice?

>>35435834
>>35436042

I like these posts. People call me a stupid stoner but it makes me happy. Most smokers aren't a menace to society. We just want to play video games and crush a bag of chips.

>>35436326

Biking is very fun. It puts you outside so you can breathe fresh air and process new visual information, and the endorphins that are released give you a warm, cozy feeling after your bike ride.

There's also a nice comfort in making a habit of it, since a sense of consistency is a good way to manage anxiety. You also can go the same route every time, and eventually you will become satisfied when you are able to bike farther.
>>
Babby's first drug

I bet you think it also cures cancer.
>>
>>35437329
edibles, just take some before you have an episode, like earlier in the day.

They'll last for like 8-12 hours
>>
>>35435580
high doses of crystal meth make me want to kill my stupid mother
explain this wild phenomenon you autistic piece of shit or ill fucking kill again
>>
File: 1434515367048.jpg (97KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
1434515367048.jpg
97KB, 640x800px
>>35437505
Really? I feel like that would make it a lot worse. I have a nice little personal pharmacy now with a bunch of drugs that have little side effects aside from being sedatives, but still that I don't want to take.

My episodes last for about 8 hours, or until I pass out from exhaustion. I'm so tired of feeling powerless, and how much pain I am in from dry-heaving.

I usually have a really intense aura before they happen and I learned of a lot of really minor premonitory symptoms, (mainly a flashing light behind my eyelids the day before an attack), so I'm more equipped than ever to anticipate them.

I'm so tired. Thank you for reading haunter's blog.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.