[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here has diagnosed add/ADHD or suspects they have the disorder,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_0912.jpg (17KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0912.jpg
17KB, 443x332px
Who here has diagnosed add/ADHD or suspects they have the disorder, do you take the stimulant pills? Have they changed you're life? For the Better? Do you believe it's a real disorder or just a meme ? ADHD thread , were your school marks terrible before taking stimulants
>>
File: 1477782331853.gif (177KB, 180x218px) Image search: [Google]
1477782331853.gif
177KB, 180x218px
I had it and got sick from the meds. Also think they made me retarded, which kind of sucks. I stopped taking them and learned to hyper-focus instead. Now though i might be a bumbling retard. At least i can frag HARD in videogames
>>
>>35435210
Yes I have it and I have trouble acquiring the meds I need because the doctor I see thinks my social anxiety will be exacerbated by stimulants but for me they are calming and actually help me be more outgoing.
>>
>>35435343
it will be exacerbated when youre not on them
>>
>>35435210
>do Ritalin
>get incredibly horny
>jack off to weird shit
>get sick when I talk to a girl I actually like after

What is this?
>>
I was diagnosed with ADHD when younger, but I don't take any stimulants for it currently. I did before. It's hard to deal with because I can't ever focus. I don't like the idea of taking stimulants regularly, but I dropped out of school and have so much trouble that I'm considering it.
>>
File: Chinese Takeout Cat.jpg (145KB, 586x880px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese Takeout Cat.jpg
145KB, 586x880px
>>35435210

> I nearly did not graduate high school.

> Dropped out of college after 4 weeks.

> Got diagnosed ADHD

> Back to college. 4.0 7 consecutive semesters

> Get into med school; finish med school

I know sometimes people throw around the term "[He/she/they/it] saved my life," but they really saved my life. The shitty excuse of a life I'd have without them would have not been worth living. I really owe them so much.
>>
>Do you believe it's a real disorder or just a meme ?

it's a meme guys, most mental *disorders* are and are just emotional responses to your environment / lifestyle. Not to say there aren't people who are really incredibly mentally damaged but, 9 out of 10 times (more than that actually) it's just big pharma trying to cash out on you
>>
>>35436573
>most mental *disorders* are and are just emotional responses to your environment / lifestyle.
How does that make them a meme? Mental illness occurs as a result to environment. Shocking, no one has ever realized this before.
>>
File: 1451001772096.jpg (153KB, 885x990px) Image search: [Google]
1451001772096.jpg
153KB, 885x990px
>>35436659
good goy, now take your drugs
>>
>>35436685
Great argument. All you do is make yourself look stupid replying like that. You basically said before that mental disorders are mental disorders that people develop.
>>
>>35436726
alls I'll say is you can pick any random person off the street, throw them into a psychologists office, and get a diagnosis on a *mental disorder*. You cant lose when 100% of the planet is mentally ill!
>>
>>35436774

says the goy with no medical experience

lifetip: honestly bro, if you want to believe it, you're going to believe it. But there are things you don't have a deep understanding of. Realizing that could help you grow, in general.
>>
>>35435210
I have taken 50mg of vyvanse, and also 70mg. At first it worked great, but i barely ate and my mouth was always super dry. My doctor took me off because my heartbeat started to get weird and my brain often felt very weird after it wore off. Sometimes I think it has permanently damaged my brain, could this happen or am i just being paranoid?
>>
File: 02 - QfEQCQl.gif (1MB, 540x466px) Image search: [Google]
02 - QfEQCQl.gif
1MB, 540x466px
>>35435429
Im sucking on a 36mg concerta right now and immediately wish to put things in my butt.

Its definitely a jewpill but i like it.
>>
>>35436926
Do you want to do that stuff when you're not on it?
>>
>>35436864
I didn't come here to argue anyway, just came to answer that I believe it's mostly a meme, but it's also partially grounded in some reality / research. I've been through it, diagnosed with multiple things, on more prescription drugs that I can remember the names of, and personally towards the end I only went back for better drugs. These drugs can improve your life experience, but they also come at a price (wallet and dependence / possible abuse). also, this field isn't worth having a deep understanding of
>>
>>35437099

if ur argument is that psychiatric meds often do little to help, I can agree with you on those grounds

adhd is the rare exception
>>
>>35437165
I'd argue more against the misdiagnosis of ADHD and then providing a mild dose of meth as the treatment. It's especially sad when the end product is all the study and research that spans back over half a century has lead to
>this kid isn't paying attention in school, he's acting like a child
>lets give him these amphetamines and see how he does
>oh shit this 9 year old is having withdrawals

Like you said though, if you want to believe it, you're going to believe it. I just believe everything about this shit is incredibly sketchy and ADHD is just slang for stupid in most cases
>>
>>35437278
oh and it's nice that we pills that can temporarily *cure* stupid
>>
>>35437013
Im gay but normally im not horny enough to cross the threshold of fucking myself
>>
>>35437278
You obviously don't understand one thing about ADHD either. It's not anything like how you describe and there's a lot more research that has been done into it than you think.
>>
File: cccccc.png (41KB, 357x290px) Image search: [Google]
cccccc.png
41KB, 357x290px
>>35437278
There is literally nothing wrong with meth you bigot
>>
File: 1482301805564.jpg (278KB, 768x2174px) Image search: [Google]
1482301805564.jpg
278KB, 768x2174px
>>35437590
>paying creedance to some shit that some 14 y/o girl will go garner on sympathy on social media about how she was diagnosed with ADHD, boohoohoo :_(
>>
>>35437656
What you're saying doesn't even make sense. Can you repeat it in English?
>>
>>35437590

There's no point in trying to teach these people. They're just another flavor of tumblrinas and having adhd or killing yourself is just another normal sexuality or gender to them. Getting treatment for it is like raping them because it goes against their belief in millions of genders and sexualities.

I was diagnosed and take the medicine. It fixed my life and it's not addicting, won't turn you gay, or any of that other silly bullshit you hear spouted. Fake it if you have to. The idea that it affects people with add is just bullshit. It affects everyone exactly the same. That or everyone I know has adhd. It slows you down and makes you remember shit. Everyone would do well to experience that. Best of all you can just take it as needed. I'm prescribed 3x10mg a day but I usually just take 1 or 2. It's not like antidepressants where you have to take it exactly as written.
>>
>>35437800
Could you live without the drugs or are you planning on taking them for life?
>>
>>35437278

>not knowing the difference between methamphetamine and amphetamine

Kek
Desoxyn really isn't prescribed much anymore. Even if it were it'd be a pain in the ass to get it stocked at the pharmacy.
>>
>>35435394

so like like every other drug that you're put on for anxiety or mental shit. Doesn't matter what you take, if you take it for long periods of time it's going to fuck you up for good and fuck you up when you come off the meds. SSRIs, antipsychotics, benzos, etc. What you should really avoid are drugs that are scheduled because if anything happens to your meds, gl trying to get an early refill and in which case you're fucked and seen as a drug abuser / pill seeker.
>>
>>35435210
have ADHD, they wouldn't give me stimulants

kind of mellowed out so it's less obvious. (although really all that happened is that the internet/4chan finally gave me enough novelty to placate my infinite inattention, hence 100 tabs open at a time.) but i still lose focus on shit i don't care about remarkably quickly.
>>
File: mFuM6ze.jpg (84KB, 604x403px) Image search: [Google]
mFuM6ze.jpg
84KB, 604x403px
I have dropped taking the mediation but I have such a hard time focusing. I'm learning piano and I just space out and forget everything I practiced.
>>
>>35438090
I usually have 20 tabs open on my computer alone. It's getting tiring. I want to get on stimulants but I'm afraid I won't be me anymore.
>>
>>35435210
> just a meme ?

ADHD is not a meme, but I'm sick and tired of people limiting adderall to only ADHD.

It is a potent anti-anxiety medication for overly sensitive people. My heart pounds too fast and adderall distracts me from my overly active autonomic system.
>>
>>35437919

There isn't a dependence like with benzos if that's what you mean. I like taking days off now and then just to recover and be my spazzy self. I'm even more quiet and serious when on. I definitely don't plan on using them in retirement but it's nice for school and work at least.

I want to retire in my early 40s so I'll probably stay on until then. Once I get my masters I'm just going to take it the 3 or 4 days I work each week. They're amazing, but the anorexia is a bitch. I can take a nap on it so I'm not wired at this dose, but I do have to force myself to eat. I've been on them since I was 8 so I guess I have some tolerance, just not enough to get an appetite.

I have very rigid routine so even on days off I'm not a total mess. Keys are in one of two places, valet tray or car ignition. My phone will bug the shit out of me with calendar notifications. Clothes are laid out the night before. Work lunchbag is hanging on the doorknob so I remember to bring it. That kind of stuff. I can compensate and get by, but I still want the extra help Adderall gives me.
>>
I was super ADD back in the day. I was depressed and stressed and I came off as lazy and aloof. Adderall changed my life for the better. Now I'm in college, above average sex life, and rushing a frat. Try it.
>>
>>35435394

There is no cure for adhd. They can only treat the symptoms. Look at blood pressure drugs. Taking pills isn't fun but it sure beats the alternative.

>>35438034

What going to happen to them? I keep all my unused ones and just fill the bottles all the way. A few in the closet, under the bed, everywhere really. It's mean to fish or some bullshit to flush them so they accumulate. After a few months you'll be able to skip appointments and not worry about running out.
>>
>>35435266
How does one hyper focus?
>>
>>35438255

I did the something similar with my meds. I only took half a dose of my meds to make sure I always have some in reserve in case something happens. It's been 3 years now and I have tons of clonazepam and other shit. At least I'll have enough to taper off of.I got over a year's supply now so I'm not sure if I should start selling some off. They don't "expire", do they?
>>
adderal made my life so much better.
get it.
at any cost.
i took it for a few years (i dont take it anymore)
but those few years it gave me the energy and inspiration and focus to create a career for myself and i now work doing what I love and I dont need drugs anymore because my life is great.

only downside is the come down is rough for some people. if youre not a pussy youll be fine.
>>
>>35438343
How many mg did you take a day?
What do you do now?
>>
File: 1467562139435.gif (151KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1467562139435.gif
151KB, 128x128px
>>35438270
its a little hard to explain, but i'll try my best. You should first try to just focus normally, which will probably be pretty difficult having ADHD. Then after you start understanding how to focus, start trying to "block out" everything around you. This can be detrimental though so after you complete that task attempt to hyper focus while being aware of your surroundings. This took me about 7 years to get the hang of, so you shouldn't beat yourself up about not getting it the first or even hundredth time.
>>
>>35438197
how do i get diagnosed with it. Orgailaly
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.