[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you become funny? are you just born that way? if only

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1484822994814.png (42KB, 655x509px) Image search: [Google]
1484822994814.png
42KB, 655x509px
how do you become funny? are you just born that way?

if only i could make that my only redeemable trait...
>>
I've I've often felt that I had to crack wise in order to make people like me maybe I do this because I have low self-esteem and I can't think of any reasons why other people would like me for who I am
>>
>>35434489
did you manage to make people like you?
>>
>>35434557

They will seem to sometimes. But they'll rarely give you much more than a temporary smile.

Being "funny" is almost a curse. Nothing is real, it's all just a joke, a mask. Maybe they'll see some funny awesome Chad, instead of the self-loathing loner. I hate myself so much, but if I can make someone else smile or chuckle, it doesn't feel like I'm worthless at that moment.

I think it was some Atmosphere song: When they don't see you frown they won't see a problem when you come around. Something along those lines.

Sorry about the blog.
>>
>>35434674
Holy shit, you articulated my feelings perfectly. The one thing that always gets me is when normalfags say, "girls love funny guys XD." No, nigger, they like CHAD. Being funny is a good accessory if you're already Chad; without the looks and charisma, you're only the sad clown.
>>
>>35434674
dang
it's ok fampai, i liked reading your blog
>>
>>35434384
I bought Mad magazines and stole jokes from them when a relevant topic came up.

Tfw /pol/ redpilled me on the JQ and my sense of humor is completely stolen from New York kikes.
>>
>>35434804

Yup, agreed.

I have no charisma, I can't seal the deal, I don't even know how to. The laugh is my tag along. Haha, maybe I can come too? Yeah, it's not worth it, you're still the outsider.

The only time I was remotely successful with women was when I had a serious drug problem, and when I was days away from killing myself. In both situations, it was because I 100% didn't filter or care what came out of my mouth.

I think that's where the "BEE Yourself" nonsense comes from. If you aren't filtering or questioning your every action, yeah, I bet it works out well. But when you live your life on self imposed eggshells.....
>>
File: 1484289418754.png (309KB, 400x543px) Image search: [Google]
1484289418754.png
309KB, 400x543px
>>35434384
>if only i could make that my only redeemable trait...

Why not play to your strengths instead? If all your shit falls flat, being the guy who's trying to be funny ends up being pretty pathetic.

>how do you become funny?

That's a tough one, I wish I had something for ya.
>>
File: PC.png (20KB, 556x568px) Image search: [Google]
PC.png
20KB, 556x568px
>>35435259
>But when you live your life on self imposed eggshells.....

you know the problem. now it's up to you to fix it or not
>>
>>35434384

>tfw know as the funny guy
>tfw I've had girls tell me their stomach hurts from laughing so hard
>tfw people approach me at parties just to tell me I'm funny as fuck

Does anyone else know this good feel? Sometimes when I'm telling a story in front of other people, I work myself into a kind of trance, and then everything like timing, tone, etc. just flows perfectly.

In all honesty Anons, a good sense of humour is one of the best things you can have.

You want my advice? Don't try to be funny in the sense where you recite your favourite joke to a group of people - it comes off at corny almost 100% of the time.

I've found that I'm funniest in general conversation. It's always best to have other people to bounce off, especially if they're a friend you're familiar with how they think. Once you get a good rhythm going, it should all come naturally.
>>
>>35436131
As I said earlier in the thread, if you aren't Chad then it doesn't matter when it comes to girls.

I've also had people holding their sides and approaching me to tell me how funny I am. I enjoyed it-- the problem I had was it became me. People only liked me for my bullshit, my feelings and hopes were irrelevant. Getting laid was still impossible.

So I guess I'll say it's a mixed feel. People will temporarily find you amusing, but that's all. If that's your thing, then keep doing you.
>>
>>35434384
It's 100 learned and practiced.

The simplest forms of being funny are sarcasm, over-exaggeration and, the robot's ultimate weapon, self-deprecation.

Like if you're a fatbot, you have all the funny jokes you could ever want right there. Some famous stand-up comics pretty much built their entire career out of "I am fat" jokes.

The next step is to observe normal daily things that no one ever notices anymore and break them down and point out just how actually weird they are.

I know guys who are stand-up comics, others write for comedy websites, some write for TV, etc. It's all extremely formulaic, like music.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.