[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Manchester by the sea a normalfag movie? I don't want

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1487359365044.png (573KB, 710x842px) Image search: [Google]
1487359365044.png
573KB, 710x842px
Is Manchester by the sea a normalfag movie? I don't want to waste my time watching something about meme depression
>>
>>35428950
Guy was a negligent fuck who left a fire in the fireplace while he went to get some beer. Everyone in the house was sleeping, and a fire started in the house and killed his three children. He was a normie but he had a really fucking good reason to be depressed.
>>
Watch the trailer it obviously is.
Fucking teen in it has two girlfriends, and is seen making out with one right in the trailer
>>
>>35428950
Yep two of your kids dieing is meme depression HaHaaaHa
>>
File: 1489073853913.jpg (6KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1489073853913.jpg
6KB, 249x249px
>>35428993
Thanks I hope it's not full of shitty romance bullshit
>>35429061
Lurk more normalfaggot
>>35428999
So it's full of romantic bullshit then?
>>
>>35428950
I don't know but Manchester is a shithole of a city and you should never come here.
>>
>>35428950
>Tries to shoot himself with a glock
>can't because the safety is on

most retarded part of the film, glocks don't have a safety outside of the trigger
>>
>>35430326
In Britbongistan they don't know that
>>
The trailer is actually one of the most misleading trailers I've ever seen, it's not full of romantic bullshit at all. The kid does have two girlfriends but the kid isn't the main focus of the movie.
>>
File: 2Z1Qp.png (58KB, 651x481px) Image search: [Google]
2Z1Qp.png
58KB, 651x481px
yes and no

there are bits and pieces toward the beginning where i was blown away at how robot the main character (who is not the teenager with 2 gfs) was. seriously, the first 30 minutes is pure robot behavior

the more you learn about the main character's backstory the less you are probably gonna say "he is a robot" and the more you're gonna think of him as a failed normie (or, in non-retarded terms, you'll begin to see his isolation/depression as a response to events in his life rather than a permanent state of being)

whether or not you think it's a robot story depends on whether or not you think being a robot is something you can devolve into through events in your life. like, if a normie has everything go wrong for him all at once and he essentially becomes a worthless, depressed, socially useless piece of shit, is he still a normie? or did he become a robot?

the whole thing with the kid is meant to provide a foil for how much of a fucking robot the main character is. don't read too much into his 2 gfs, the movie's about how the main character deals with this shitty kid, not about the shitty kid's romantic progress through high school

speaking of romance: there is some sexual/romantic content in the movie but it is NOT a movie about how the main character finds a gf or something. that's pretty much the opposite of what happens.

it's worth a watch either way but if you're trying to apply the usual robot purity test to the main character you'll probably find him lacking
>>
>>35430326
i thought the gun jammed or something? i guess i wasn't looking close enough
>>
>>35428950
It's not worth watching. Watch Trespass Against Us instead, that was dope.
>>
>>35430326
I think the gun jammed. Still, the part that bothers me more is the fact that he grabbed the gun and tried to shoot himself without the cop noticing. I'm pretty sure cops are supposed to be much better at reacting to anyone putting a hand anywhere near their gun. At the same time, it's easy to look past that and look at how suicidal the guy was at the time.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.