[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Life changing job interview in 2 hours So literally in a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11

File: 1482501635117.png (13KB, 418x359px) Image search: [Google]
1482501635117.png
13KB, 418x359px
>Life changing job interview in 2 hours

So literally
in a couple of hours the difference between me getting a cushy 45k-50k salary job and dragging my family out of poverty relies on me being able to bullshit together some general knowledge about coding and not sperg out.
I can really, really, secure a good life for myself if I can just pretend to be a good, functional person for a while

The walls are closing in
The pressure is too much
holy shit I can actually make it

There is fucking hope
>>
>>35423526
whats the job anon

Salami
>>
File: 3867469.jpg (13KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
3867469.jpg
13KB, 400x225px
>>35423526
Do a shot or two of vodka so you dont sperg out. You'll be more confident and talkative. You got this brother.
>>
>>35423581
just one shot
>>
Well I definitely didnt expect you guys to be supportive

I'll be back in around 6 hours to tell you how it went

Robots, give me your energy!
>>
File: 854578.jpg (36KB, 445x482px) Image search: [Google]
854578.jpg
36KB, 445x482px
>>35423526
>He thinks 45k-50k is a lot of money
>>
>>35423526
Better rev up those fizzbuzzes
>>
>>35423526
Fuck off asshole I hope you fail
>>
>>35423800
Goodluck op, I know the feeling
>>
>>35423800
Good luck, anon. Ignore the trolls.
It's time to ASCEND
>>
>>35423526
if you get the job, you have to leave /r9k/
>>
>>35423526
I assume you prepared for the interview, and that you have an idea of what questions they'll ask.

Just make sure you have a solid, well rehearsed answer for "tell us about yourself". This question is almost always asked. It is an ice breaker. If you have a good answer memorized, you can give your answer without stressing too much. You'll suddenly realize you are doing a decent job, and calm down. This will make the rest of the interview easier.

Also, come up with reasons why you don't want the job. Convince yourself this is just a practice run for you. This will bring your stress level down a bit as well.

These two things will prevent you from sperging out. The only thing that is going to screw this up is your nerves, so you gotta get them under control.

Good luck Anon. I think you'll do fine.
>>
50k is a good salary, right at the US median salary but unless you live in a small town it's not exactly life changing money
>>
>>35423800
You have my genuine hopes you get this job anon.

And if you're not opposed to alcohol, a shot will help. Preferably vodka. Also, take a breath mint to make sure there's absolutely no smell of alcohol on your breath.
>>
Realistically speaking, wouldn't they just fire you once they realize you can't actually do the job? Good luck tho...
>>
>>35424781
That takes a lot of paperwork and time. Unless you're very detrimental, you can sometimes get away with being a shitty worker as long as you stay on people's good sides.

Hell, look at women in the work place.
So many are lazy as shit but no one wants to go through the trouble of firing them
>>
>>35423800
You gave yourself energy with those digits, here's some more anyway
>>
>>35423800
>at this moment OP is sperging out in an interview
>>
>>35426225
God help him.
>>
File: 1488496618222.gif (607KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
1488496618222.gif
607KB, 800x792px
>>35423800
I believe in you anon!!!!!!!!!
this isnt original
>>
>>35424824
But women can claim discrimination foe getting fired and also tech guys tolerate them for having vaginas. It's probably much harder to bullshit your way through a job you can't do as a man.
>>
>>35426767
I mean, you're not wrong, but it's still possible.
>>
>>35423526
oh my god now i am gonna have to keep this tab open until we get some fucken news OP
>>
>>35427318
Yup. Shit sucks yo.
>>
>>35423526
Anon tell us how it went
>>
>>35427388
It's been so long and he hasn't told us. It probably went badly.
>>
>>35427404
I mean, he did say it'd take 6 hours.
>>
>>35427485
oh so we have about 2 more hours
>>
>>35427613
Give or take. You could always try reading the thread you know.
>>
File: 9k3.png (875KB, 1653x1023px) Image search: [Google]
9k3.png
875KB, 1653x1023px
>>35427670
Don't be rude to me you don't know what its like
>>
good luck o pee!
>>
>>35423526
>dragging your family out of poverty
Lmao, desu senpai. They will drag you back down no matter how much you make. Get the job and leave them on their own. Maybe if you have a qt imouto/onee-san, take her with you. But absolutely not parents/aunts/uncles/cousins. They will ruin you.
>>
>>35427804
this 100% des u fampie, seen my mom drag people into poverty
>>
File: 1486334140577.jpg (54KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486334140577.jpg
54KB, 540x960px
>>35427804
I third this. Poor people are mostly scum. Take care of your relatives in your generation, IF they have a decent character, and maybe your mom, IF she is a good person, but everyone else has had their chance and no tie that would warrant you sacrificing your well being for them. If they still need your money at the age of 40, then they will always need it, and more so the older they get. Do you never want to own anything yourself but pour your money into the bottomless hole that is the demands of your elder relatives? I can guarantee you, they will not appreciate it. They will resent you for having to depend on you, and they will never be satisfied with what you give them.

t. poor people pro from a garbage family who knows a bunch of other poor people from garbage families
>>
don't forget your old neet mates when you make it bra
>>
>>35428117
Fuck mothers. The fuck is with you people? Why do you worship women constantly?

Mothers are worse than fathers. They expect you to worship them because god forbid, they CHOSE to birth you. They treat you like shit, and pull the "I AM YOUR MOTHER" card whenever you don't take their bullshit.

Any family can be scum. Most family are scum. And they should go die in a fire.
I aint doin shit for my family. They aren't even going to know I exist soon.
>>
>>35428320
I said IF your mother is a good person. I know many are not.
>>
>>35428337
And yet you didn't say if your father is a good person.

That implies that mothers are the only ones worth saving. Thus, worshiping women. Society does it a lot. I'm sorry, I'm just kind of fed up with it.
My mother constantly started physical confrontations with me when I was a kid, and eventually I got pissed off enough to start fighting back. Then I was the bad guy because it doesn't matter what women do, their impervious to the consequences of their actions and any retaliation because they have a vagina.

I'm a little bitter. I don't mean to attack you specifically.
>>
>>35428440
It's okay.

>And yet you didn't say if your father is a good person.
Because a man can easily earn his living. If he doesn't, he must be garbage. A housemaker cannot easily enter the jobmarket though.
>>
File: image.gif (982KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
982KB, 500x333px
>>35423526
>tfw manlet Chad friend is my age 23
>he's been working as a financial advisor on Wall Street since last year
>posts pictures of his luxuries like fancy suits and nice mustangs

Well shit.
>>
>>35428476
In this day and age, women aren't house makers anymore. Both parents usually work once the kids are old enough.

That's what the whole feminist bullshit was supposed to be about originally.
>>
>dragging my family out of poverty
Why don't you leave them in poverty?
>>
>>35428503
>manlet
>chad
pick one frando
>>
It's been 6 hours hasn't it? OP?
>>
File: 1484239367175.jpg (41KB, 303x566px) Image search: [Google]
1484239367175.jpg
41KB, 303x566px
How'd it go, OP?
Did you contain your spergs?
>>
File: 1.png (44KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
44KB, 657x527px
Op you better tell us! You might be rich now but don't forget the ones who got you there
>>
Hey guys op here.

At first I was talking to this one guy and I was doing great. He seemed to really like me and we got along well. He seemed to be impressed by my drive and goals. And we got swept up in a passionate conversation about coding and what makes a good one. He gave me his card at the end and said he looked forward to seeing me again

Then he brought in a panel of 5 people and they started grilling me about my work experience and I sperged it up, started babbling, and honestly probably came off as incompetent. honestly it could have gone either way but I'm pretty sure the only way I'll get the job is if that one guy argues for me.

He seemed to be a real shy, timid beta though so I don't think he'd fight very hard for me

Thank you for your concern. You guys kind of maybe actually are my family after all in a weird sense
>>
>>35429742
We're serious.
Fuck your family.
Don't try to bring them out of poverty because they'll just bring you down again.
The idea of having to be "loyal" to your family is a social construct. Don't buy into the meme and feel obligated to take care of them just because they're related.
>>
>>35429742
Do you actually know how to code or are you completely and totally bullshitting?
>>
TAKE ME WITH YOU BROTHER
>>
>>35429800
My family has sacrificed a lot for me and I want them to be happy. I trust them

>>35429910
Post a throwaway paypal email address. If I get the job I will send you $100

>>35429848
I have basic knowledge of a couple of languages. Enough to get me by with some hiccups
>>
>>35424081
If you dont live in a overpriced shithole in california it can be
>>
>>35429971
Eh, I think it's kind of a coin flip at this point then.

Talking up the one guy was a smart move though.
Even if you don't get the job, you did good OP. Better than I would've.
>>
Wishing you luck anon. Just /don't/ bee urself.
>>
>>35429742
Double interviews are an introvert's achille's heel. Even if you mentally prepare yourself for them well enough, the first one drains you of your social energy
>>
>>35429971
no you keep the money. give it to your family instead
>>
>>35429742
Sounds like you are fucked anon. Might as well send out applications to other places
>>
Memorise memmove implementation

Protip: copy backwards if overlap
>>
>>35424177
>if you get the job, you have to leave /r9k/

If anything, he'll post more to make time go faster
>>
>>35423526
If so little means the world to you, you and your family is already a bunch of losers.
You can lose the job in a snap even if you get hired, and you'll be back into the gutter.
You're scraping by only by the hair, you're an insect.
>>
>>35429971
[email protected]
make me proud baby
>>
>>35429742

I've had plenty of those mate, doesn't sound like you got it

Keep trying though, never give up. I finally caught a break after many, many shifty interviews and it eventually you will get there
>>
>>35429742
Next time, take beta blockers. It makes the body completely immune to adrenaline for a couple hours. Not a sedative or anything, doesn't make you calm, just blocks adrenaline. You can usually get a prescription easily, or buy it online.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.