[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw people think they believe God (in all his glory)

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 7

File: 1487408872914.png (112KB, 297x282px) Image search: [Google]
1487408872914.png
112KB, 297x282px
>tfw people think they believe God (in all his glory) doesn't exist.
>>
>>35422088
on the off chance this is a serious thread, what made you believe in a god
>>
>>35422162
The universe is so insanely complicated it's impossible for to have not to be made by God.

It's easy to be an Atheist as believing in nothing requires little thought
>>
God save all of us and have mercy on our Souls. May my fellow robots find love and happiness in their lives. Jesus bless every annon, amen.
>>
>>35422188
So the universe is just complicated enough to make a man in the sky that has the ability to create everything, but can't make humans over the course of billions of years?
>>
>>35422188
it's only complicated in your small human mind. why does it have to be God? why not Gods? or aliens?
>>
>tfw I don't want to be an atheist, and people say God wants me to believe in him, yet when I pray for faith I get nothing
>>
>>35422238

The Christian religion was never meant to be a personal servant of your needs but rather set principles and standards so society doesn't become degenerate.
>>
>>35422233
I understand "god" the abstract, but an actual omnipotent omnipresent sky being is laughable.
>>
>>35422238
The lord works in mysterious ways.
>>35422233
1. Read the Bible
2. Aliens probably don't exist and of they do they're heathens that need to accept our lord as they are soulless but may be saved
>>
File: 1488862181602.png (98KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1488862181602.png
98KB, 612x491px
>>35422088
who /agnostic/ here?

why do people pretend like they know what the fuck is going on?
>>
>>35422272
personal servant of my needs? I said I prayed for faith dude, not for money or some other selfish bullshit
>>
>>35422280
Not as laughable as the idea of nothing even Einstein thought this. Do you REALLY think you're smarter than Einstein?
>>
>>35422289

That still goes with what I was saying. How are you going to pray to a God to make him have belief in you? That's some pure magic BS
>>
>>35422281
bible is full of contradictions, kikegod of bible can not be real.
>>
>>35422281

how many times have you read the bible?
>>
>>35422188
The universe is so insanely complicated it's impossible for to have not to be made by God.
if the universe is so complex that it could only be created by a higher power, how do you justify the higher powers existence, if god always was, how is it the the universe cannot follow this same logic?

>It's easy to be an Atheist as believing in nothing requires little thought
to be an atheist one is required to believe that there is no god.
>>
>>35422283
If you believe in nothing why not just BELIEVE in God, it's the difference between heaven and hell
>>
>>35422088
I'll be happy to believe god exists as soon as I see some evidence of it.
>>
>>35422319
Uhm no it isn't I really think you should educate yourself better
>>
>>35422332

Hell doesn't exist and the Bible mentions no proof of a eternal hell.
>>
>>35422332
Hell sounds hot. Sign me up lol.
>>
god said that the bible was full of shit tho
idk
>>
>>35422294
I know more about quantum physics than Einstien
>>
>>35422342
>educate
Isnt that a sin?
>>
>>35422294
Do you think you're in any league with Einstein? Einstein was an agnostic, he wasn't a man of faith.
>>
>>35422355
Congratulations do you want a medal? You are still no smarter than me if this an atheist
You still didn't disprove God almighty
>>
>>35422400
You type how I imagine the internal stream of consciousness of a downy would sound like
>>
>>35422343
>a eternal hell
Lol how about you try learning English before you read the Bible.
>>
>>35422400
Can't disprove something that hasn't been proved.
>>
>>35422433
>hasn't been proved
Look around you
>>
>>35422342
No, you should educate yourself, it's just bunch of sandnigger stories combined with Sumerian religion.
>>
>mfw people tell people to read the bible

It obviously has good philosophizing and moral allegory in parts but trying to read it in it's entirely as a narrative is fucking hilarious.

Even more so because half the stories are just directly lifted from older Assyrian and Egyptian myth. People always seem to forget that what was written down with the old testament was based on hundreds of years of stories and legends that weren't written down. It didn't spring into existence, it grew from the cultural climate at the time.
>>
>>35422424

>LOL HE SAID A INSTEAD OF AN
>LETS ATTACK HIM ON HIS SHIT GRAMMAR THAN HIS ARGUMENT

Wtf i believe in god now
>>
>>35422342
respond to me pls >>35422325
>>
If there is one almighty god, how come there are so many competing almighty gods?
>>
>>35422424

If there is Hell, what's the purpose of the second death in the book of revelations? Stupid dumb christfag.
>>
>>35422448
>look around you
And... What?
>>
>>35422503
There are only competing interpretations of a single divinity
>>
>>35422332

>hell

If Hell exists, why does God say in John 3:16 that who ever believes in him has long lasting life?? If that's true, then why do you still go to Hell where you burn forever?? Why does the Old Testament mentions of a death realm called Hades?
>>
File: dore-jakob-engel_grt.jpg (73KB, 480x604px) Image search: [Google]
dore-jakob-engel_grt.jpg
73KB, 480x604px
>homeschooled preacher's kid
>shitload of community outreach hours
>struggle with faith
>feel like a piece of shit with every canned religious phrase

I used to be so devout. I don't know where my belief went. Faith is one of the spiritual gifts, and we know gifts aren't always distributed equally.

I don't know if it's punishment for going through an edgy phase or what. I just really struggle with my walk now. On the bright side I am pretty good with doctrine, dogma, and apologetics. Many people are weak in those areas.

The worst part of doubting is that you can't even talk about it though. Sure there's Thomas wanting to finger the stigmata. There's a lot of expectations of the family and your every thought, action, and rumor is heavily scrutinized. No doubt it would cause an outrage if I spoke with a friend about the issue. What I fear most is causing another person to doubt though. It's such a heavy burden to carry alone though.
>>
>>35422514
You'll find proof of god, silly! ;)
>>
>>35422545
Aaaaaaahaaaaa. Nope, no proof here.
>>
>talking about theology with certainty
"There is certainly a god" is as dumb as "There is certainly no god".
The patrician view is "the existence of a god is unlikely but not impossible".
>>
>>35422088
>god made everything

If god made everything, then why does anything matter? We were made literally for his amusement and we aren't real.
>>
>>35422559
You're just not looking hard enough! ;)
>>
>>35422332
I can't get behind believing things without proof. No one has proven that god does or doesn't exist, and they can't prove it.

You tell me the way to avoid hell is one way, and another guy tells me it's another way. Who am I supposed to trust when you both tell me just to have faith? I don't have any reason to believe you if you have no proof. What if you are wrong and I wasted my life believing something that didn't even make sense?

I think these literal interpretations of holy books are a bit off the mark. Heaven and hell to me aren't clouds and pits of fire. Those are just metaphors. Heaven and hell are real things that we can create on earth. Abandoning virtue and treating fellow humans like dirt leads to a very real hell on earth.

The trinity makes more sense in a metaphorical sense. The father: not the creator of the universe, but the virtues and goodness you inherit fro your ancestors. The son: not jesus, but his example: the idea of self sacrifice and living to the standards of your father. The holy spirit: the power of benevolence that lives in our hearts.

I like the parts of the bible that extol virtues, but the parts about God being a creator and stuff and Jesus walking on water seem hard to believe if you take it literally.

I don't trust atheists either, because there could be a literal god, it's possible. If there is a literal creator, it would be evil for putting us through this.

I dunno, it just doesn't seem likely to me that the bible is all literally true. I don't hate you or anything. It's just: do you really wanna make a leap of faith when there is so much that doesn't make sense about what you believe?
>>
If I wanted to make myself schizophrenic I'd at least have the voice in my head be nice.
>>
>>35422630
Nah, nah, I'm still not seeing anything. Sorry m8.
>>
Hell isnt even mentioned in the bible and im a loose christian
Hell is just the absence of God
Not fire
>>
>be a Christian
>also trans
>most people on both sides hate you for one or the other

Sucks.
>>
>>35422646
I will pray for you! :(
>>
God isn't external to us, God is all of life. There's only one being in existence, expressing itself in infinite parts through a myriad of illusions. The "purest" idea of God is nothing but boundless, infinite radiant light and love. You can only dissolve into it (like The Buddha did for example).

>>35422614
Nothing does matter, unless you make it so. You typing that response didn't matter, but you made it so by typing it.
>>
>>35422088
Bible belt shitters end up on R9K? Wow thats a shocker.

You people piss me off cause you have to deal with the fact youve been brainwashed as a kid until your mid twenties when you wrestle out of it.
But your stupid shit isnt just affecting you, you need to lash out at everyone around you in the meantime. I get that you have this personal road you have to go on, but in your turmoil youre an unbearable cunt to everyone around you.

You fucking losers think this journey you have to go on with coming to terms that organized religion is horseshit is a higher priority than other people simply trying to live their life the way they choose.
>>
>>35422635

>Le God is a big meanie xD

Christians share the same level if stupidity as "peace-loving" Atheists.
>>
>>35422702

>organized religion is horseshit is a higher priority than other people simply trying to live their life the way they choose

that level of thinking is why civilization will fall. fucking degenerate
>>
File: jeyzaz.jpg (32KB, 468x240px) Image search: [Google]
jeyzaz.jpg
32KB, 468x240px
ohHHHHHHH muh LAWRDDDD JEYYZAZ
>>
>>35422088
Religion is just a form of virtue signals. Nobody really follows it but it's important to look like you believe it to be true. That's why you never take just one southern Baptist fishing he'll drink up all your beer. Take two to even things out
>>
>>35422708
peace-loving atheists have christcuck morals, that's why, gook atheists are completely different.
>>
>>35422732
Not trying to be argumentative with my post, just objective.

People like you are just proof that religion isnt really anything to them other than a means to try and force people to admit that youre right and theyre wrong. It doesnt matter about what, its just a stupid fucking monkey dominance thing.

I love canada so much, because religion is just not even a thing here. Like 95% are agnostic, but people care so little they dont even EVER need to distinguish themselves as it.

Honestly its just a placebo, absolutely nothing can change from religion. If youre a good person, youll be a good person.
Seriously the only thing it does is let people justify positions that have absolutely no logical backing. Literally every positive effect of it is placebo.
>>
>>35422632
Wrong the Bible proves God exists in the first page. As it was written by God
>>
Do you not believe in magic?
Do you not believe in God?
Do you not know that dogs can sense when bad weather is coming?

So it is with humans.
So it has ever been.
We possess the divine spirit.
Since the beginning.
>>
>>35422651
Dumb cuckold detected dumb cuckold alert
>>
No joke, in canada its a topic of conversation to say "Holy fuck could you IMAGINE growing up in the bible belt".
>>
>>35422763
>Muh intellectual fedora tips for you m'lady
>>
>>35422708
>Le God is a big meanie xD
God is very likely to not exist at all.
Mean, or otherwise.

Irregardless, many religious people are significantly dumber than many atheists.

There is a sizable portion of Christians that believe that Homosexuals cause natural disasters.
Muslims who believe that the failure of marriage causes economic collapse.
Jews who believe that one will be punished for turning on lights or using toilet paper on a Friday night.

I have no problem with "muh jeezuhs" being used as an answer for questions that can't ever be solved. The bullshit questions like "who made us?". You can fill in the blank with whatever you want it doesn't matter.
But where I dislike it is where it is used as an answer for questions which we have actual answers to.

If you were gonna have a hypothetical "truth credit rating", the scientific method and it's associated theories would literally shit all over anything which uses "faith" as proof.
>>
>>35422777
Christcucks are trying to bomb the shit out of the middle east. That's not peace loving
>>
>>35422936
I'm not even going to argue with your post. It was that stupid. You lost
>>
>>35422088
Oh yeah well you are a dumb stupid Christian I bet you don't know evolution haha. How can you be that dumb that you don't even believe in the big bang there is lots of proof read a book you moron
>>
low IQ normies conceive of god as an anthropomorphic being
no
god is everything
god was lonely, god in the form of infinite unbounded light had a sudden epiphany, he realized how lonely his existence was, so he withdrew into himself(the big crunch) created the vacuum of space and then demonstrated his paradoxical capacity for finititude in his meticulous emanation of creation
he is truly wondrous, beyond the comprehension of most apes
>>
Religion is mostly impossible to prove or disprove.
If that is the case:

>What gives one 'impossible idea' precedence over another?
What would make the opinions of the Jews more valid than the opinions of the Muslims? Can they be correct simultaneously? What about where they conflict? What gives Christianity, for example more credibility over something like Scientology?
>>
>>35422831

>religion isnt really anything to them other than a means to try and force people to admit that youre right and theyre wrong

i'm not even religious you cocksucker

>It doesnt matter about what, its just a stupid fucking monkey dominance thing

yeah as if liberals don't do the same either and the majority of them are """atheists"""

>I love canada so much, because religion is just not even a thing here. Like 95% are agnostic, but people care so little they dont even EVER need to distinguish themselves as it.

yet you can get fucked by a dog and never get trouble by it not to mention it has some of the worst records in the world on enforcing laws against child sex tourism.yea really progressive right there

>if youre a good person, youll be a good person.

wow rlly makes me think

>the only thing it does is let people justify positions that have absolutely no logical backing

yeah as if the LGBT community in canada doesnt do the same either. also marilyn manson and richard dawkins, which you libcucks look up to, aren't against the principles taught in the bible so try again sweaty

>Literally every positive effect of it is placebo.

so christianity's involvement in advancing western society was a placebo

where's the objective post? all you said was subjective nonsense lad
>>
>>35422962
What did I lose?
I was just stating my personal beliefs.
Did I not make them clear enough for you to understand them?

Unless you meant time, which I really didn't lose because I am waiting for something to finish baking in the oven.
It was gonna be wasted anyway.
>>
>>35422460
1 Samuel 18:27 made me an atheist.
>>
>>35422937
This is you:

OH MY ALLAH OOPS SORRY NO OFFENCE PEESFUL MUSLIMS I AM UR FRIEND AND YOU ARE OEACEFUL I KNOE THST YOU THRIW HOMOS LIKE ME OFF IF ROOFTIPS BUT ITS FINE BEVAUSE YOURE NOT ISIS AND ITS IN THE NAME OF PEACE SORRY FOR LE IRACK AND SORRY FOR BEING YIUR SLAVES A COUPLE HUNDRED YEARS AGO
>>
>>35423020
Low IQ normies perceive god as anthropomorphic

Average IQ normies perceive god as everything physical

Genius tier robots understand that the physical world is made manifest by the demiurge, and the only way to attain true absolution is by foregoing the physical plain and transcending to the embrace of god's true form, outside of physicality and beyond the reaching talons of the demiurge
>>
>>35423096
>Average IQ normies perceive god as everything physical
the physical realm(malkuth) is only 1/10 of creation
>>
GOD IS A NARCISSIST WHO INTRODUCED EVIL AND SATAN INYO THE WORLD SO HE COULD HAVE AN ADVERSARY
SATAN WAS PROGRAMMED BY GOD
HEAVEN IS A PLACE TO WORSHIP GOD FOR ETERNITY
SATAN WANTED US TO BE KNOWLEDGEABLE
HOW IS THAT BAD
>>
>>35423096
>Robot
>Genius
I didn't know Geniuses spent their time spanking it to anime in their parents bedroom while simultaneously shouting at people over the internet for being on "their board" on an Indonesian tooth fetish forum
>>
>>35423129
>Muh darkmatter2525
>>
>>35423020
That's what Hindus believe, not Christians.

Christians believe God is a creator physically separate from his work.
>>
>>35423045
>What gives Christianity, for example more credibility over something like Scientology?
Time.

If Scientology was as old and influential as Christianity it would be just as "genuine".
Actually, I reckon that you could make Star Wars a successful religion given enough time.

The only requirements of a potentially successful religion is that it makes no hard claims which can be disproved, and it can't be too detrimental to the population (for example a religion that forbids childbirth would very quickly fail).
>>
>>35423136
Low IQ norman detected.
>>
If idoits(atheists) don't believe in God they shouldn't legally be allowed to celebrate Christmas
>>
>>35423125
>>35423096
and foregoing the physical is misguided
the physical and the spiritual are not mutually exclusive, the physical is merely the "lowest" component of the spirit
>>
>>35422088
Why would I ever believe I don't exist?
>>
File: snapshot20130401053536.jpg (20KB, 200x145px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20130401053536.jpg
20KB, 200x145px
I believe in a Creator, but I also believe in a Perspective Shift. We are like a Warner Brothers cartoon to this Being:abstract and only of slight concern. Bugs Bunny gives Elmer Fudd an exploding cigar- *BOOM!*

We who watch laugh at the scene,even though Elmer's pain and chagrin is all too real to him. Perhaps we are accepting of that since he is trying to gun down an obviously sentient being that can talk and treat him as an equal, perhaps we are on Elmer's side because Elmer is protecting his farm from a carrot thief. Most likely we will forget the whole situation with the next gag.

All the World's a Stage,said Shakespeare. Maybe he was right.
>>
>>35423178
That's a pretty funny dumb Christfag impression
>>
>>35423179
>and foregoing the physical is misguided
demiurge detected
>>
>>35423153
>That's what Hindus believe
really? source?
i'm just rehashing what the jews believe, i dont know much about the hindu
>>
>>35423081
That isn't even a strawman. That's a paper cutout.
>>
>>35423096
You're a idiot, Anon.
>>
>>35423224
How so?
>>35423240
pls stop thefting my identity ^_^
>>
>>35423257
kek sorry im so drunk i though he linked to my post
t. demiurge jew anon
>>
>>35423202
Go to Brahman

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Hinduism
>sarvam khalv idam brahma
>Brahman is everything, and all we see are His different energies - material or spiritual
>>
File: krel.png (40KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
krel.png
40KB, 1333x1000px
You shall be as gods, /r9k/.
>>
>>35423290
hmmmmmm
really makes me think
another parallel between the faiths that springs to mind is the sephirot and the chakras, how closely they resemble each other
there has to be something to that

hmmmmmm
>>
What are some robots favorite bible verses? Mines 2 Kings 2:24/25

>And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
>And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

>tfw god doesn't call she bears to strike down the normies when they make fun of me
>>
>not believing in systemspace

cmon now
>>
>>35423409
It's easy, join the fat acceptance movement
>>
>>35423202
Lots of religions/older belief systems are panthiestic (believe that reality and "God" are one and the same) as opposed to directly thiestic (believe that God is a separate creator and master of reality).
>>
>>35423409
The one where Saul wanted 100 penis skins and David gave that motherfucker 200 goddamn penis skins AND took his daughter.
>>
>>35423052

>richard dawkins,

discard that. misread a quote he said
>>
>>35423409
Maybe Lanza was just doing God's work after some kids at Sandy Hook called a guy bald.
>>
>>35422936

>many religious people are significantly dumber than many atheists

Proof?
>>
>>35423630
you have to take it on faith :^)
>>
>>35422632
Wow, you put that really well anon.
>>
>>35423638

I thought atheistcucks were so big on the burden of proof :^)
>>
>>35423756
proof was invented by the devil to corrupt people's faith :^)
just like sex and a4 paper
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.